Boots: Square, Rounded Or Pointed Toes?

Discussion in 'Shoes, Shoes, Shoes' started by balacau, Oct 2, 2004.

1. balacau

balacau New Member

:blink:

During fridays lunch break at work, I was fortunate enough to see a woman wearing a pair of ankle boots exactly as shown here:

http://www.schuhstore.co.uk/zoom.asp?i_code=1401607020

The toes are very squarish, a direct contrast to what seems to be "in fashion" at present.

So, what do you all prefer on this board, square toes (perhaps these are more comfy to wear with more space for the front of the foot), rounded does or perhaps pointy ones?

Btw... those boots that woman was wearing are not quite the same, Im sure the heels were a bit taller than 3 1/2 inches, probably nearer 4 inches than anything else :woot:

2. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I prefer square-toed, myself... they're not exactly "in" right now, but I think it's a classic design/shape that doesn't get too trendy

3. shoesexy

shoesexy Member

I like pointy toes, personally. :wink:

Like these:
    [​IMG]

4. brie

brie New Member

I prefer pointy. I like my boots to be sort of edgy and not at all practical and pointy toes are really the only option for me. =)

5. oceanharlot

oceanharlot stories everywhere

I'm all about round toes. I used to have a pair of the square toed variety - comfy, but dated almost immediately. I think if you want a boot that will last you a lifetime without being uber-trendy go for an almond toe, which is nice AND comfy shaped toe, in between a pointy and a round toe.

6. breathe0xygen

breathe0xygen I loved you

i'm more on the side of a more rounded square toe. pointy shoes hurt my feet... :cry:

7. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

Pointy... round and square are okay, but I find pointies more comfie and more "me".

8. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

Rounded to square-ish. Pointy always seem a bit harsh to me. :rolleyes:

9. Mettchen

Mettchen desire, undefined

agree. my favorite boots are that shape. i love the round toes and pointy can do as well, but i honestly don't really like the square toe ones.

10. crazy_k

crazy_k New Member

For me:
    high heels pointy (except for some wondeful round toe pumps with stiletto heels :wub:)
    flats are round(ish)
    kitten heels are almond shaped

I guess I just love everything except for tooo pointy, they are too hard to walk in (stairs!!!)

11. balacau

balacau New Member

Walking up or down stairs in any heels must be quite a challenge (especially flights of stairs like we have at my workplace), but I see what you mean about the pointed ones :lol:

I heard someone once say that her feet wobbled around inside pointy toed boots..... hmmm interesting :innocent:

12. SiN

SiN Member

:heart: pointy and round

:sick: most square, unless the corners are pretty rounded off. Only seen a few ok sqarish ones.

13. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

i've never heard anyone elase use the term 'almond toe'...i LOVE that...it's very descriptive and accurate and i agree that it is very flattering and classic... :flower:

i have round, square, pointy and some things in between...i think it all depends on the look the mood and the occasion... :flower:

though most of my more square toes are now flat or low heels...
    the high square toe seems very dated to me...