Boots: Square, Rounded Or Pointed Toes?

balacau

Reaction score
:blink:

During fridays lunch break at work, I was fortunate enough to see a woman wearing a pair of ankle boots exactly as shown here:

http://www.schuhstore.co.uk/zoom.asp?i_code=1401607020

The toes are very squarish, a direct contrast to what seems to be "in fashion" at present.

So, what do you all prefer on this board, square toes (perhaps these are more comfy to wear with more space for the front of the foot), rounded does or perhaps pointy ones?

Btw... those boots that woman was wearing are not quite the same, Im sure the heels were a bit taller than 3 1/2 inches, probably nearer 4 inches than anything else :woot:

I prefer square-toed, myself... they're not exactly "in" right now, but I think it's a classic design/shape that doesn't get too trendy

I like pointy toes, personally. :wink:

Like these:
NMS4829_mp.jpg

I prefer pointy. I like my boots to be sort of edgy and not at all practical and pointy toes are really the only option for me. =)

I'm all about round toes. I used to have a pair of the square toed variety - comfy, but dated almost immediately. I think if you want a boot that will last you a lifetime without being uber-trendy go for an almond toe, which is nice AND comfy shaped toe, in between a pointy and a round toe.

i'm more on the side of a more rounded square toe. pointy shoes hurt my feet... :cry:

Pointy... round and square are okay, but I find pointies more comfie and more "me".

Originally posted by oceanharlot@Oct 3 2004, 05:29 AM
I'm all about round toes. I used to have a pair of the square toed variety - comfy, but dated almost immediately. I think if you want a boot that will last you a lifetime without being uber-trendy go for an almond toe, which is nice AND comfy shaped toe, in between a pointy and a round toe.
[snapback]383460[/snapback]​

agree. my favorite boots are that shape. i love the round toes and pointy can do as well, but i honestly don't really like the square toe ones.

For me:
high heels pointy (except for some wondeful round toe pumps with stiletto heels :wub:)
flats are round(ish)
kitten heels are almond shaped

I guess I just love everything except for tooo pointy, they are too hard to walk in (stairs!!!)

Originally posted by crazy_k@Oct 3 2004, 08:23 AM
I guess I just love everything except for tooo pointy, they are too hard to walk in (stairs!!!)
[snapback]383759[/snapback]​

Walking up or down stairs in any heels must be quite a challenge (especially flights of stairs like we have at my workplace), but I see what you mean about the pointed ones :lol:

I heard someone once say that her feet wobbled around inside pointy toed boots..... hmmm interesting :innocent:

:heart: pointy and round

:sick: most square, unless the corners are pretty rounded off. Only seen a few ok sqarish ones.

Originally posted by oceanharlot@Oct 2 2004, 10:29 PM
[snapback]383460[/snapback]​

i've never heard anyone elase use the term 'almond toe'...i LOVE that...it's very descriptive and accurate and i agree that it is very flattering and classic... :flower:

i have round, square, pointy and some things in between...i think it all depends on the look the mood and the occasion... :flower:

though most of my more square toes are now flat or low heels...
the high square toe seems very dated to me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->