Vogue Declares...no More Pointy Toes!

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Dec 1 2004, 09:27 PM
I'm so glad that this isn't the 1950's anymore and that no magazine or institution has the power to dictate mass trends. Be it hairstyle, shoe shape, or hem length, I think more and more people are finding out what is right for them personally. Don't listen to Vogue. Pointy-toed shoes may not be as favored by the fashion elite this season, but if history has anything to teach us, the pendulum will probably swing back in another six months. Don't follow shallow in/out lists and do you own thing.
[snapback]446978[/snapback]​

Thank you. It's nice to hear someone speak some common sense every so often. People don't follow trends as closely as many magazines would like us to think. :clap:

Oh no! Vogue, in all it's mighty wrath, shall smite pointy-toed shoes! Nay, no more!!! They will all be destroyed, and anyone caught making and wearing them shall be stoned to death...

:rolleyes: Morons...what are gonna do? Vote for a constitutional amendment to ban them?

I hate stuff like this. Obviously.

Edit: Love the comments, Faust and Tangerine! :lol:

Originally posted by shoesexy@Dec 2 2004, 12:02 PM
I like my round toe pumps, but...

Pointy Toes Rule!

smpointy.jpg

[snapback]447542[/snapback]​

Sex- ay!

Are those designer Shoesexy?

I love pointy toed shoes/boots, but my toes HATE them! They get squished and blistered cuz I have wide feet, but I love round toes too! They look great with skirts and cropped pants!

Originally posted by shoesexy@Dec 2 2004, 07:02 PM
I like my round toe pumps, but...

Pointy Toes Rule!

smpointy.jpg

[snapback]447542[/snapback]​
Manolos by any chance??
The sexy urban myths?? :innocent:

Pointed shoes are very very tired

but they won't go away

since when have any of us listened to a magazine to tell us what we like?

Just shows you how LITTLE magazines like Vogue really know about what women like or would like to wear. I live in Southern California and I can tell you from experience that pointy toe shoes are EVERYWHERE including the streets, the malls, the offices, and for sale in most of the popular shoe stores.

Maybe the editors of VOGUE should get their heads out of the "we dictate fashion" sand and look around.

Personally, I much prefer pointy toe shoes. I think they look more feminine but I say wear whatever you like - it's your body and who knows better what looks best on you than someone who sees you everyday!

Originally posted by suzi_stiltz@Dec 3 2004, 04:49 PM
Just shows you how LITTLE magazines like Vogue really know about what women like or would like to wear. I live in Southern California and I can tell you from experience that pointy toe shoes are EVERYWHERE including the streets, the malls, the offices, and for sale in most of the popular shoe stores.

Maybe the editors of VOGUE should get their heads out of the "we dictate fashion" sand and look around.

Personally, I much prefer pointy toe shoes. I think they look more feminine but I say wear whatever you like - it's your body and who knows better what looks best on you than someone who sees you everyday!
[snapback]449637[/snapback]​

:woot: Suzi is back!!! Enterainment!!!

Originally posted by onehotgrrl+Dec 2 2004, 11:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(onehotgrrl @ Dec 2 2004, 11:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sex- ay!
Are those designer Shoesexy?
[snapback]448516[/snapback]​
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-ELLE_ME
@Dec 3 2004, 06:54 AM
Manolos by any chance??
The sexy urban myths?? :innocent:
[snapback]448802[/snapback]​
[/quote]
ManoloMJnet.jpg
:wub: Yes, my favorites. :D

Originally posted by faust@Dec 3 2004, 04:52 PM
:woot: Suzi is back!!! Enterainment!!!
[snapback]449643[/snapback]​
So, so dreadful... :rofl:

And the fact that others around you are wearing something does not make it fashionable. When I lived in Ottawa, people were still wearing backwards baseball caps for ages after that period had beyond ended.

Pointy is sexy yet painfull sometimes, but who cares? Now rectangle.. that is interesting.

B) I still love my pointy shoes. :heart:
They really do help me look taller...and I can use that any day :blush:

I have an assorment of pointy toed shoes and round toes and semi pointed toes and I love wearing my pointy toes shoes the best.

Since I have pretty small feet, wearing rounded toe shoes make them look stubby, so I prefer the more elongating, point toes...they make the foot more feminine in my opinion, although TOO much of a point...then you could be rivalry with the Wicked Witch of the West. :lol:

Darn.. and I just bought a pair of pointy toed boots....but then again I don't give a sh*t what who says is in style. I go for whatever i feel comfortable walking in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueskin
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->