Boston shopping

I love that marc jacobs store. Mary, the store manager, is a very sweet lady. I like Rob very much as well. They are wonderful people!

marcj said:
^ yeah, its probably good the shopping isnt as great as in LA or NYC here.... leaves me plenty of time to study, but I can still take a break to Marc Jacobs... Isnt there an intermix in NY? just womens, right?

haha yeah, I am probably one of those mosquito right before it hits the windshield looking people on the T. Ive been relying on the kindness of strangers, which hasnt proved to be accurate at all.

marcj said:
^ yeah, its probably good the shopping isnt as great as in LA or NYC here.... leaves me plenty of time to study, but I can still take a break to Marc Jacobs... Isnt there an intermix in NY? just womens, right?

haha yeah, I am probably one of those mosquito right before it hits the windshield looking people on the T. Ive been relying on the kindness of strangers, which hasnt proved to be accurate at all.

That's obnoxious. People give you inaccurate directions? The T is really simple once you get to know it. Give it a couple of weeks and you'll be rocking it like a pro.

And like all T pro's, don't take the orange line south at night hahahaha.

z.cesca, I just harbor animosity towards the BU peeps because that's all I ever see around (being in Kenmore, right on the edge of the campus). I end up getting the brunt of it I imagine. Of course there are always the good mixed in the with the bad hahaha.

Cheers!
A

Does anyone know of a good tailor in Boston? How about a good dry cleaners? I need to get my Burberry leather trench coat altered and I need a miu miu shirt dry cleaned! :smile:

Not sure about dry cleaners ( just don't ever go to any in Allston! They nearly ruined a white Bally dress shirt I had)... but I always get my alterations done by Jordan the Tailor on Newbury. He does a pretty good job and at fair prices. He's willing to work with you in times when you need alterations done on short notice too.

Chinor1z said:
Not sure about dry cleaners ( just don't ever go to any in Allston! They nearly ruined a white Bally dress shirt I had)... but I always get my alterations done by Jordan the Tailor on Newbury. He does a pretty good job and at fair prices. He's willing to work with you in times when you need alterations done on short notice too.

I'm looking for a tailor who can handle designer pieces as well. Tailoro on Newbury does that for girls?

I was told that the tailor on Boylston st. next to the Louis Boston store is quite good. I have not tried it yet, but I plan to bring a couple of skirts for alteration.

Yeah Jordan does womens as well. I see lots of dresses and such hung up at his place all the time!

Boston for School

I will be in Boston the first weekend in March for Harvard Model Congress (I'm a HS sophomore). We are stying at the Sheraton connected to Copley Place, so I'll be sure to get in there durin lunch and dinner breaks. My fashionable firneds are going to, and we were wondering where all we should go. we don't have a ton of money, I will have around $650, but my friends will have less. Besides the obvious Newbury, where else should we aim for? I would love to go to the H&M, is it easy to get to as we are not supposed to take public transportation. Also, any good vintage places? Thanks ya'll, any help will help make this trip amazing as I'm looking forward to the shopping just as much as the school opportunity.

I'm coming to Boston in the summer for shopping! I'm holding off buying anything for the next 6 months, just so I can take advantage of the summer sales when I go there. I'll actually be in New Hampshire (where my relatives live) but I'll spend a day in the city. I'm really loving the 5% tax (compared to 15% here.) Barney's, Saks, and Neiman's will be my primary shopping areas, and I'll look around the stores mentioned here too.

Nessagirl said:
I will be in Boston the first weekend in March for Harvard Model Congress (I'm a HS sophomore). We are stying at the Sheraton connected to Copley Place, so I'll be sure to get in there durin lunch and dinner breaks. My fashionable firneds are going to, and we were wondering where all we should go. we don't have a ton of money, I will have around $650, but my friends will have less. Besides the obvious Newbury, where else should we aim for? I would love to go to the H&M, is it easy to get to as we are not supposed to take public transportation. Also, any good vintage places? Thanks ya'll, any help will help make this trip amazing as I'm looking forward to the shopping just as much as the school opportunity.

the best vintage place is the garment district in kendall square, cambridge.
the H&M is downtown and is only a few doors down from the famed filenes basement....
there is a new H&M opening right on newbury street, but it might not be open until april 1.
barneys is opening march 7th in the copley mall.
there are a few fahion resale places on newbury street that would be easy tohot like 2nd time around.

Barney's is supposed to open tomorrow--can anyone confirm / deny?

yes, but you have to be a member of boston's elite to go there the first day/to the event.

try going later this weekend.

wonder what those smelling columns will be like!

Actually, it opens tomorrow to the general public.

lucy92 said:
yes, but you have to be a member of boston's elite to go there the first day/to the event.

try going later this weekend.

wonder what those smelling columns will be like!

When it comes to style, kLM is Boston elite.

v. funny, faust. i just wish everyone ELSE would recognize it.

right after i posted a friend told me she's going tonight for the private party.

there will be a new filenes basement opening on newbury street late summer. i dont think it will have markdown merchandise though.

this has already been said but: Copley Place/Pru Center....great stores...and I'm not sure the names, but by the Ritz Boston/Louis of Boston there are great little boutiques.

Also Chesnut Hills, right outside of Boston has a great mall, and is in a very nice area...there's also another mall out there, forget the name, but there's a Bloomingdales in it

But arent they keeping the Filenes Basement in Downtown Crossing too? So that's make 2 Filenes Basements...Whats the point?

On a different note, MarcJ...you better start stockin' up @ MJ..Local rumour has it that their menswear is coming to a close (which I actually dont doubt)..:cry:

Filene's Basement is a discounter. The one in the back bay will just be a nicer looking discounter (i.e., not a sh*thole).

^the one on newbury st? pretty sure it opened last week (I remember the Sidekick saying it was opening), haven't been myself though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"