Bottega Veneta F/W 2023.24 Milan

Thankfully the bad looks were few and far apart from all the amazing looks presented here!

Matthieu’s outerwear and knits are some of the best things to come out of his collections. He just needs to edit some of the printed looks and also never use that neon green ever again!

One of my favourite shows of the season nevertheless!

Lots of appealing pieces but, as with last season, the collection is way too overstuffed. Maybe it’s a Kering directive to have so many looks?

In addition to too many looks, the sequencing of them is so weird. Was strange to see so many dresses randomly placed in the middle of the show. Maybe they knew there was no topping those sublime finale dresses from last season…

What high fashion should be! He gains confidence and takes more risks. Everything is very well done, tailored pieces to die for, amazing knitwear (was a bit boring last season). Not sure about the transparent sardines for the bags but there is something for everyone.

Honestly, compared to burberry where the craftmanship was questionable on quite a few pieces, here we have art and true luxury. Some bold choices yes but this is what moves fashion forward. The soundtrack not on par with the fashion for me. Anyway, many of these garments could never be produced for RTW (perhaps a few lucky celebrities as always) and hopefully, the embroideries will be made in Italy and not India (as many other fashion houses do).

Last edited:
I love interesting, pushing forward ideas…I’m a fan of Nicolas Ghesquiere’s work after all…But, I’m still puzzled by the whole collection.

It was luxurious, opulent in the fabrics and very rich in textures and ideas but it turned out that my favorite look was the one on Liu Wen, the closing look.

‘Ok i loved the green looking yeti coat and some of the knitwear but it was maybe too much experimentations for Bottega Veneta. Those were clothes that were interesting to look at but not desirable enough to purchase IMO.
The bags were great and some of the shoes too but if you aren’t Rihanna, an entertainer or an influencer attending shows, who are those clothes for?

It just looked like hard to wear commercial clothes. Maybe it’s the styling but I’m not feeling it.

Last season was interesting but attainable. Maybe the prefall collection will help me put this into perspective.

That being said great fabric development this season.

This was a great collection, I love it. Personally, I think it's Blazy's best yet (and I initially was not a fan) - he is feeling more comfortable in his vision it seems. Unlike the previous shows, this show felt more cohesive. The menswear was very appealing as well.

I like how he used ostrich skin in some of the silhouettes. The dresses with this strange pattern are the weakest.

The proportions are wayyyy too clownish for my taste, with those exaggerated coat lapels and the sleeves almost entirely covering the hands on his male models, in some cases being turned up to reveal the linings... just no! He really needs to tone it down unless the aim is to address only Gen-Z customers who may be the only ones who enjoy clothes that ill-proportioned.

His Bottega is simply excellent. I love how he pushes the limits of high fashion. Some proportions were way too much for me, but I truly appreciate the fact he took risks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->