Bottega Veneta Resort 2011

In general the collection is very chic and light. I love a few pieces, but some of them seem rather mundane.

The dresses at the end are gorgeous! This collection feels like a mix of his S/S 2010 and F/W 10.11!

i love the edgy downtown bottega so much, but tomas remains at his strongest when he creates the uptown masterpieces for this house. however, as someone commented earlier, he's smart to respond to the new wave of minimalism that phoebe philo almost singlehandedly has ushered into vogue. i love the black and white plus one popping color. this is the most directional resort show we've seen thus far.

Immense! After all the glare from the giants, it looks like a breath of fresh air. Pure, sporting and elegant.

Hmm, sometimes it comes off a little try hard. But overall I think it's really good. Some stunning dresses though, even towards the end...

It's so fresh and resort-y. I'm happy to see something that's actually directional and focused. Dior and Chanel were so messy and cheesy.

The geometric tops are like the perfect amount of colour for such a minimal yet fashion-forward collection

The dresses at the end are gorgeous! This collection feels like a mix of his S/S 2010 and F/W 10.11!

That's what came to my mind. This is a collection that includes strong and soft together without making it to obvious. I also love the pink dress. Gorgeous color. :D

Very strong showing for Bottega - somewhere between Proenza S/S 10 and Lanvin S/S 08. I love the color story here and pieces feel entirely appropriate for Resort. :heart:

i absolutely love the collection especially the colors
that olive-like green color looks beautiful

I did not much care for the first few pecies, except for the first look that jacket was amazing. As the collection went on it grew on me. Im not a big fan of the pants but they worked perfectly for the colelction. I loved dressed towards the middle and the end. It was a pretty good collection. Very different from Dior and Chanel in a good way.

^no doubt. it reminds me of that early, EARLY work for tomas maier at bottega veneta. it was all about that downtown cool edge. that one pop of color and all that. he just languished uptown for so long -- and so beautifully and remarkably -- that we kind of forgot about those early days with his green bags and blue shoes....

00050f.jpg

style.com

That's pretty bad in my opinion
It looks more Celine rather than BV,bold shapes,strong cuts and some leather
And what the hell is that shirt?Swedish flag inspired!That's nasty

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back