Bottega Veneta S/S 2025 Milan

Everyone at the show is describing the collection as light, fun and whimsical, clearly seeing the clothes in person makes a difference.

I’ll take this, absolutely loved it. It has been quite a journey seeing BV transition from being just a luxury brand to a fashion and luxury brand, and I think they’ve found the balance. This collection is chic, elevated, mature, and quite whimsical. Like old money meeting new money. Very interesting.

Blazy always wanted to be like Lee. Well, now he has achieved it! He is as lost at BV, than Lee at Burberry...

Also, why a pizza dress???

8sjWUV3Y_o.jpg
pizza-slice-with-black-olives_1170794-30230.jpg

freepik.com

Another thing I don’t understand is why someone working in fashion with some talent can still be into oversized clothing. It’s soooooo passé please!

We need 2006 silhouettes but updated for today. The oversized shoulders and layering are so out of fashion in 2024, I don’t get why this guy keeps doing it.
He probably lives in a bubble.

When I see oversize in a collection, it takes 9 out 10 points of quality. It's the worst trick.

Hate it. One of my least favorite designers. He’s a very insecure designer, you can tell. He’s desperate for his work to come across a certain way…he wants us all to be impressed. It’s really not working.

Ok another thought…he’s so obsessed with “elevating the ordinary and everyday” and in doing so, fails to create anything that anyone could actually use everyday. I sense this same issue with other designers now - they think it’s clever to do these sort of “slice of life” shows and think that the non-linear, chaos-of-the-street kind of approach is really modern or something. It isn’t working.

It's just all so heavy and a bit self obsessed in the way he wants to ingrain is "expect the unexpected/challenging the everyday" mantra he adopts here. All I like is looks 33 and 41 because of how simple and direct they are. But then I also know where the reference comes from and where it's been done far better (unfortunately).

It does make me miss Tomas Maier but then I also think that's nostalgia getting in the way. I think Blazy has that sensibility in him, and there's flashes of it in here. He just needs to actually relax and lighten up a bit and "conceptualise" the idea of relaxing and lightening it up a bit for the sake of being more "arty" than he needs to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d1rtb4g
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->