Brazilians vs Eastern Europeans/Russians......your vote!!!

PussyLee

Reaction score
Brasilia

Gisele Bundchen
Adriana Lima
Isabeli Fontana
Alessandra Ambrossio
Anna B Barros

vs

EasternEuro/Russians

Natalia Vodianova
Eugenia Volodina
Valentina Zelaeva
Karolina Kurkova
Natasha Poly

a quote from Eugena Volodina:

" We have better skin and beautiful faces, The Brazilians are finished"

I Agreed.

Oh yeah, the brazilian models are finished. Oh, sorry, I forgot, Gisele is brazilian! Silly me....

Russians! (though I do love Cintia Dicker and Caroline Trentini)

there are lots of brazillians i like: cintia, caroline, jeisa, and more
but there are also a lot of eastern european girls i like... but i think i favor the brazillians a taaaad bit more over the east. europeans

I tend to lean more towards Eastern Europeans/Russians....but there are some exceptions

PussyLee said:
Brasilia
a quote from Eugena Volodina:

" We have better skin and beautiful faces, The Brazilians are finished"

I Agreed.

she seriously said that? wow.

in general i prefer the russain models (and i don't know if daria counts coz her heritage is ukranian)

but i love cintia...and brzilians do looks different from each other, thus covering all kinds of beauty

but nevertheless, russian models it is...

its not even close

face it the brazil trend was years ago.
the current fashion mood IS eastern europe-Russian girls with a few outstanding europeans & canadians.

if youre going to say brazilians vs russia-east europe its no contest.
russians/east europeans win now. :heart:
if you add in the europeans like julia, winberg, louise, elise its more of a rout: its actually the continent of europe vs the continent of south america. :lol:

the only brasilains I really love are raquel & jeisa, and ana claudia when she used to work. so toss in gisele when she works & maybe trentini & cintia & its still a rout- to be fair its just not the brazilians moment- they cant compete vs euguenia, hana, marija, carmen, natalia valentina, poly, polina, tetyana, anja, dvirnik & probably 10 east euro models Im leaving out. :ninja:

What Eugenia means is that the Brazilian-boom is over. They were HUGE a while ago, but now they've faded, and the Australians, Europeans, Russians, and Eastern Europeans have taken over. Which is true. While I still love brazilians like Cintia, I'm much more preferential to girls like Emina, Natasha...etc

Out of those two, I vote neither. I think Allesandra rocks it and Carmen also rocks it.

What I would like to see is more Asians in the game. I'd like to see them dominate even for a little while. The only one who is known is Ai Tominaga. I'm just hoping that she decides to come back after her child is born.

Is there anyone out there who would like to see Asians rule the modeling world? I know that it will not be any time soon, but if it were to happen, when would it? I hope my predictions are right as to when.

lady grey said:
face it the brazil trend was years ago.
the current fashion mood IS eastern europe-Russian girls with a few outstanding europeans & canadians.

if youre going to say brazilians vs russia-east europe its no contest.
russians/east europeans win now. :heart:
if you add in the europeans like julia, winberg, louise, elise its more of a rout: its actually the continent of europe vs the continent of south america. :lol:

the only brasilains I really love are raquel & jeisa, and ana claudia when she used to work. so toss in gisele when she works & maybe trentini & cintia & its still a rout- to be fair its just not the brazilians moment- they cant compete vs euguenia, hana, marija, carmen, natalia valentina, poly, polina, tetyana, anja, dvirnik & probably 10 east euro models Im leaving out. :ninja:

South America is not a continent. :ninja: Unless you're talking about the continental dimensions of Brazil.

The brazilian models might not be the new sensation as the russians are but lots of them have a solid career and they're still everywhere in the NY-Milan-Paris route - Jeisa, Raquel, Marcelle, Caroline Trentini, Isabeli, Caroline Ribeiro (doing her comeback), Leticia, Michelle... and let's not forget Gisele is the only supermodel of this century and there are some new faces coming from Brazil like Cintia Dicker, Caroline Francischini, Laryssa Castro, Jessica Pauletto, Barbara Fialho, Lucy Horn and so on.

Well, the Eastern Europeans are 'bigger' now, yes. But I don't perfer either, personally. My favorite models are not in either of those regions.

Hey, how about the Canadians, they don't matter now, huh, lol.

Daria
Stammy
Heather
Lisa
Yasmin...

yourbestfriend said:
South America isnt a continent? :blink: ^

No it isn't. :flower: America is the continent, and South America is just a part of it. It is common for North Americans to usually consider S. America as a separate continent but this is inaccurate.

Nemova said:
No it isn't. :flower: America is the continent, and South America is just a part of it. It is common for North Americans to usually consider S. America as a separate continent but this is inaccurate.

Really? I thought they were seperate continents.. hmm :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
^It is a political terminology, it has nothing to do with geography. Unfortunately, it has become the ruling term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->