Brazilians vs Eastern Europeans/Russians......your vote!!!

^Are you sure? Because I was taught in high school that the Panama Canal seperates the two landforms.

Oh that's so sad. I taught my students a song about the continents that goes like this,
North America, South America, Africa, Eurpope and Asia. Don't forget Antartica, don't forget Australia. .......Now what am I going to tell them??? :cry:

Sorry about the off topic but this is serious.:ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is just a geographical terminology - but politically and economically there are indeed three different continents. I think it's a bit sad, because for centuries we have been just America.

that comment by Eugenia rubbed me the wrong way but I do have to admit I am partial to the East European look.

The comment was "We have beautiful skin, beautiful faces. And the Brazilians are finished!"

She never says better.

I agree beauty is all over the world..I also think Australia isn't doing to bad on the model side:smile:

peretz makes an argument & supports it well

Nemova said:
South America is not a continent. :ninja: Unless you're talking about the continental dimensions of Brazil.

The brazilian models might not be the new sensation as the russians are but lots of them have a solid career and they're still everywhere in the NY-Milan-Paris route - Jeisa, Raquel, Marcelle, Caroline Trentini, Isabeli, Caroline Ribeiro (doing her comeback), Leticia, Michelle... and let's not forget Gisele is the only supermodel of this century and there are some new faces coming from Brazil like Cintia Dicker, Caroline Francischini, Laryssa Castro, Jessica Pauletto, Barbara Fialho, Lucy Horn and so on.

In my private high school [and university] we were taught that south america IS a continent! :lol:

if its accepted that the brazil trend ruled circa 2000 then its only fair to say that russia & east euros rule now. the vanity fair piece makes that claim as its topic theme. :o
I have to agree with it for the moment. euguenia is quoted as saying 'the brasilians are finished' as the topic sentence in peretz' article. again I agree with the theme & I think euguenia spoke the truth, if perhaps ego-centrically, self-servingly & superficially, but thats what model quotes are for. :lol:
as I think I pointed out in my synopsis. the article is a case/argument made by peretz, demarchelier & VF & I think they nailed it.

if you call gisele THE only supermodel on the century :o
I have to disagree & say that natalia is nearly equal & in fact currently has superceded gisele. :ninja:
but I dont think in terms of 'one' "supermodel" I think in terms of the 'top girls' like elise, gemma julia marija, karen, valentina & others, any one of whom may 1 day equal both gis & nati- :heart:
and thats another point in peretz' article- as I said its a very sound piece of reporting & model argument.

There are more beautiful women in Brazil than there are in Eastern Europe.

In eastern europe, from my observations, there are the few gorgeous women and then the rest are GROSS (Warts, Moles, gross teeth included)

In Brazil there are far more attractive women. To think of it, I don't remember ever seeing an ugly Brazilian woman.

1 world with lots of beauty!!

CelineChic said:
There are more beautiful women in Brazil than there are in Eastern Europe.

In eastern europe, from my observations, there are the few gorgeous women and then the rest are GROSS (Warts, Moles, gross teeth included)

In Brazil there are far more attractive women. To think of it, I don't remember ever seeing an ugly Brazilian woman.

I dont think the discussion revolves around which area is 'ugly' or which is 'beautiful'!! :blink:
it's a business interpretation of the fashion business-- and its true brazil was big about 5 years ago. and the last few years have belonged to russia/east europe [and other europeans & canada]. :innocent:

:lol: there are beautiful women in EVERY country I dont think this should turn into an ugly vs beauty ethnographic debate!! :angry:

Maybe the superboom is over for the brazilians, but there are a lot of girls still around and new comers. Plus the list that opened this topic includes lots of commercial models and let out some fashion ones... go to style.com see how many brazilians are there -- LOTS.

And south america IS NOT a continent. I know the USA loves to proclaim as America ( like its just them and nothing else) . Anyhow, Im not gonna get into a political discussion.

5 continents : America, Europe,Asia, Africa & Oceania

:D

esmereldagrubb said:
beauty is all over the WORLD!

well said :flower:

But,
I think in terms of the fashion industry and what is the 'in' thing right now - Eastern Europeans models are it. But it's all subjective. I think it's scandalous to suggest one season a nationality is in and the next it's out! It's thinly veiled prejudice :cry:

I agree with that roppal :flower:
Personally I can't make a decision between those two ends of the world (ok, not really ends, but nearly), although I can relate more to the Europeans considering I am from the Netherlands. Also, I'm not too fond of the tanned beachy Brazilians (Isabeli, Adriana, Fernanda), but their fellow Brazilian models compensate that (Cintia, Jeisa, Milagros, Caroline, Jessica P, Michelli).

Jeisa, Caroline Trentini, Isabeli, Caroline Francischini have italian roots (their surnames can prove it)
Leticia B has Swedish & Italian roots
Raquel and Cintia Dicker parents are from Germany

definitely eastern europea, russia *__* brasilian are not natural and look too gross often

Last edited by a moderator:
fabri said:
Jeisa, Caroline Trentini, Isabeli, Caroline Francischini have italian roots (their surnames can prove it)
Leticia B has Swedish & Italian roots
Raquel and Cintia Dicker parents are from Germany

How.. how do you know all that stuff :huh:

I think I have to change my view now: I favour the Europeans! :muscles:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"