Brioni Names Justin O’Shea Creative Director

Far as I can tell, Alessandro is the most successful appointment in recent memory, under the radar or no ... I suspect it'll be quite awhile before he goes anywhere. I don't have a problem with him ... Demna's another story :ninja: Quite agree there ...

And while Kering's at it, they should all do us a favor and get rid of the other clown designers in their portfolio too (A.Michele and Demna G.) PLEASE

With sales records at Gucci, I don't think Michele is going anywhere soon. I hope he evolves though.

It’s too bad Justin's execution was such a mess in presentation. I developed a hope he would pull it off; that brand of macho, decadence, even bad and playful, offensive taste is something’s that’s much needed in these generic times. Of course Bottega, Dries and Thom offer my ideal type of fashion in terms of what I’ll buy. But, their shows, whether it’s Thom’s kookiness, or Bottega’s so-fine-it’s-kind-of-boring presentation, doesn’t move, amuse, or inspire me much these days. And with high fashion being infested with the kind of PC-pressure that was once only the providence of the department-store mentality, there’s hardly any personality left now. Just careful politeness and tepid meekness; High fashion is as finally as bland as your local department store. Had Justin possessed the skills and vision behind his macho strut and redneck image, he could have brought some swagger, at least a pulse back to menswear. But as soon as I saw that campaign with Metallica and the revised logo all looking like a fashion caricature-- a dreaded Zoolander knock-off, it was clearly a lost cause.

And now some are calling for the heads of Alessandro and Demna…?!?!? High fashion is bland and meek enough as it is, and so watered-down already. And Jeremy Scott’s juvenile basic-ness is not my brand of wit or fun for high fashion… Without its genuine weirdos and villains taking a risk and causing some commotion, then I see mostly bland, unisex or girly oversized sacks on even blander, pubescent, neutered boys and girls, and I don’t see anything fresh there (but a racially-diverse cast is apparently more important to some people than strong designs— cos that’s high fashion… LOL) Alessandro and Demna aren’t anywhere near the Greats— but high fashion isn’t in a great time... at least they, and their designs display a semblance of personality…

Looks like at least Justin's got a sense of humour about his end with the coffin on his IG...

Phuel

I think it is a little too much too fast,

Perhaps no logo change but shooting Metallica in the more traditional-to-Brioni method?

Perhaps only logo change but nothing else changes?

Perhaps using celebrities only with no logo change?

All in all, he has good marketing ideas and i dont even mind his antics on the stage and all, but at the end of the day, he cant do tailoring or sew anything.

I think if his director is something like Chief Marketing Officer he would be pretty good for the job, then his outlandish ideas would be modified by the actual designer and the likes of the CEO ^_^

Phuel

I think it is a little too much too fast,

Perhaps no logo change but shooting Metallica in the more traditional-to-Brioni method?

Perhaps only logo change but nothing else changes?

Perhaps using celebrities only with no logo change?

All in all, he has good marketing ideas and i dont even mind his antics on the stage and all, but at the end of the day, he cant do tailoring or sew anything.

I think if his director is something like Chief Marketing Officer he would be pretty good for the job, then his outlandish ideas would be modified by the actual designer and the likes of the CEO ^_^

Every label wants an Alessendro to win the high fashion lottery, vetements. Yes, slow and steady rather than fast and furious should have been the direction. But it was doomed from the very start any which way with Justin LOL

Even if he had the tailoring daftness, or at least the understanding for it to twist it into a more interesting aesthetic for the Brioni men— and women (which I don’t see he does cos wearing super tight clothes doe not mean he understands tailoring, especially the brand of bespoke tailoring that is Brioni), his output ultimately looked stale as it was coming down the runway: Is drunkenly following in the footsteps of John Varvatos and Sean Combs going to get anyone excited, let alone convinced to buy into the tired image…?

The rebranding was... embarrassing. I’m not exaggerating when I liken it to Homer Simpson given the opportunity to design the “Homermobile” which bankrupted his brother’s company… Why did the Brioni handlers think that Metallica in skullcaps and Satan-expressions, and that horrifically common Gothic type would have been a good idea LOOL It’s so…. juvenile-- like Kat Von Dee/ Jeffrey Starr brand of juvenile...

As I read these comments, it appears he was attempting to follow the Hedi Slimane rebranding template ... change the font, bring in the rock stars, etc. It's a great example of just how badly that can go.

I suspect the people at Brioni thought he could flawlessly deliver one thing to the brand: cool. Apparently he had far less a grasp on that one thing than they thought ...

Brioni got catfished by someone who is at the same level as a very stylish intern, let's keep it real. That runway parade as if he was James Brown said it all.

What a time to be alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->