Brioni Names Justin O’Shea Creative Director

Good lord! He sounds like such a tool! Talk about a cheeseball.

Here's the thing, I really am not opposed to a hyper masculine image if that's what he's pushing for. The gender neutral movement is great that it has opened up doors and widened the possibilities, but I don't think it should be at the expense of traditional masculinity, either, which I sort of feel like has been the storyline as of late. I like the idea that there are more ways of dressing, but not one at the expense of the other. I don't need every male model to be androgynous and wearing a lace shirt....that's just as homogenous.

Either way, though, he still sounds like a tool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Omg that was one tacky and dated collection in my opinion. The women's suits were awful shape, while of course well made.

If Brioni is smart they'd rush to label this as a one off or separate collection from their main line. This lacked good taste which above all is what you'd expect from Brioni. They could sell this aside from their suiting business.

I feel they were hoping for a Slimane style refresh... But for all the showboating around this I don't get the hype. It was just suits which aren't wearable and then over the top fur which is so far from relevant. The women's looks were terrible and unnecessary. The styling was barely present. His victory lap in that full length coat was the icing on the cake.

I don't think Justin as a buyer would pick up this collection. But good luck to him trying to sell it.

It looked very Oswald Boateng X Tom Ford with a bit of 90's flair.
I like some of it but it was a bit tacky. The chinchilla and everything...very nouveau-riche.
I don't think the Brioni customer wants that.
The women suits were the most unflattering/ugly suits i have ever seen in my entire life (except for the look on Jamie).
If you don't understand a woman's body...don't try!

And that new logo?:sick::sick:

This whole thing reminds me of when Milan Vukmirovic tried to re-position Jil Sander. At least he failed with turning an understated house with already strong positioning into a stage for rock-peacocks. And I think he even made the Jil Sander logo in gothic letters for one of his horrible collections. :D

Seriously, the ads look like some second-tier department store brand and the collection looks like John Varvatos or some 2000's Cavalli/Bikkembergs combo that is so not desirable today.

If this is "how a man should look", let me know where I can hand in my testicles. I can almost barely believe that someone who says something like that presents something like this - but then again, in a world where Demna Gvasaglia is seen as revolutionary and broad-minded, I guess it's perfectly expected.

Is anybody truly surprised by this collection? I imagined his appointment as Creative Director was their attempt to give their suits a more high-fashion flare ("Let's take Brioni out of the boardrooms, and put it on a catwalk!"), and that's exactly what I'm seeing here. I can argue that it's his first collection, so of course it's not going to be great, but I can't really see myself clicking on any future Brioni threads here.

Someone please alert me when the pendulum has swung back from this branding nonsense ...

Kanye surprisingly couldn’t do it. Phillip Plein nearly did it. And now this guy's finally nailed it.

He’s created the label for “it should be pimp” douchebags.

Embarrassing.

Thanks RedSmokeRise for the link!

This is horrendous. Like history never teach us with Emanuel Ungaro by Lindsay Lohan. Celebrity to designer will and never work!

A failed attempt to be a new John Richmond (including in the womenswear incursion)

Wow i just saw it, it's so bad. Why did they even fire the last guy? the last 3 collections were so nice and now this.. :sick:

BoF

Good lord! He sounds like such a tool! Talk about a cheeseball.

Here's the thing, I really am not opposed to a hyper masculine image if that's what he's pushing for. The gender neutral movement is great that it has opened up doors and widened the possibilities, but I don't think it should be at the expense of traditional masculinity, either, which I sort of feel like has been the storyline as of late. I like the idea that there are more ways of dressing, but not one at the expense of the other. I don't need every male model to be androgynous and wearing a lace shirt....that's just as homogenous.

Either way, though, he still sounds like a tool.

Ah, but have you seen this from Tim Blanks' review ...

As the buyer for German e-commerce site My Theresa, he was prone to second-skin, three-piece suits, and, when the mercury rose, equally likely to strip down to a wife-beater that flaunted his bulging, heavily tattoo-ed biceps, a vision which was re-animated at the close of O’Shea’s debut for Brioni yesterday when he took his bow thus clad, until a model thoughtfully draped him in the huge chinchilla coat that opened the show.

Finally found a video of the show. Skip to 3:44 to see the very humble bow.

Honestly I'm just astonished that this even happened LOL.

^This needed to be made into gifs :lol:

M8nAr3.gif

Z6EnJ6.gif

FatalefashionIII @ youtube, edited by me via gifs.com

I just... I can't :rofl:

Finally found a video of the show. Skip to 3:44 to see the very humble bow.

Honestly I'm just astonished that this even happened LOL.

OMG :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I had thought terms like 'cheeseball' and 'tool' were adequate for this situation, but I see now they are not, so completely not ...Save</span>

I didn't read the interview or watched the show, just swiped quickly through the pics.. I feel like it's what 80% of menswear fashion week looks like. The GIFs are hilarious though, thanks SS!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the best bow of the season. I kinda like it..:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swissmiss2000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->