Brown Eyes

Chanel Marine is a nice blue black ;P practically dark grey base with very fine navy shimmer, or rather glow

^ that sounds pretty! especially the navy shimmer

im back at school now so ive been keeping eyes simple. i dont do much with eyes unless its a 'dress up day' but there arent any hotties with bodies in my classes! SO BOO BOOO! anyways i got a Canon cam i wanted! but i havent even opened it. just back to wearing my beloved Teddy and one of the pearly Mink dupes in my 88 palette! *gorgeousness*. there was a BOGO on Maybelline and L'Oreal mascaras at Walgreens, they were out of the waterproof version of Lash Stylist! i guess its more popular than i thought so i got Full n Soft, i still prefer my LS. its much less work for a lil *wow*

i havent been playing with makeup very much lately.
too busy with school(two very long days a week) + work(nearly everyday)
= *zombie Kae*

you can see my tirednessness in my eyes...it doenst help that i took these photos in bed!
everyday for school and work, ive been doing this simple 'natural' look. just a gorgeous pearly neutral shadow from the Coastal Scents 88 shimmer palette that i love because its not too taupey(greyish) and its not too peachy(i dont like how peachy eyeshadow can look super orangey on camera).

paired with my favorite Teddy, my sister says this is still her favorite liner on me :smile: i havent worn Smolder at all lately, im considering returning it. the blueness of it gets on my nerves, it just clashes with everything unless im doing blue but its not like i can do blue everyday...i mean i can but i dont want to! i love this look because it goes with every outfit, no worries about my makeup and clothes clashing or being too matchy matchy. and it's just enough to look like i put in some effort at 6am!

violanaturelle01.jpg

violanaturelle03.jpg

violanaturelle02.jpg

violanaturelle04.jpg

photos of me by me

^ this is the same look but with natural lighting.

having to photoshop my sh*t drives me crazy because im so imcompetent when it comes to this kind of stuff...

took this in the afternoon so the original turned out orangey, this is only with 'auto contrast'
naturallightjanuary004a.jpg

and this is with the 'auto levels'...i would say this is more accurate but slightly greener. note : my comforter behind my head is a pale whiteish pink in real life so take that into account.
naturallightjanuary004b.jpg

i love this look on everyone not just Brown Eyes. its great on Asian eyes too because its really simple, just one good eyeshadow thats not too light or too dark. there is no obvious contouring going on. i do like to deepen the color in a subtle way by concentrating more on the eye socket but still keeping it soft and blended.

me Me ME!

listen up! Last Call, Electrolady!

my look for the Annual Xmas Dinner for work last night(Saturday). i wanted color but not too heavy so i kept the colors sheer because everyone was dressed very casually. i was one(of two) of the most dressed up in burgundy vee neck long slv, dark grey skinny jeans, and black ankle boots.

lastcallelectrolady.jpg

lastcallelectrolady02.jpg

lastcallelectrolady03.jpg

* Urban Decay Last Call e/s purply burgundyish on the lid with fluffy brush
* MAC Naked Lunch frost e/s neutral shimmer(88 dupe!)on browbone with fluffy brush
* MAC Electrolady Liquid Last dark vibrant purple liquid liner on top and bottom

Naked Lunch is described by MAC as a light pink but its more of a neutral to me. i dont mind because i loveeee pink e/s. the makeup artist suggested Jest but i nixed it because i said no to peachy colors. Naked Lunch was the first color i picked up and swatched. its similar to the one featured in my Neutral Look now i dont have to worry about hitting pan in my 88 Palette :smile:

source : yours truly

thx stl, yesterday i bought MAC Naked Lunch. its a neutral with subtle pink undertones instead of the usual peach. im lovin' it so far. of course i pair it with my favorite MAC Teddy brown liner.

nakedlunch01.jpg

nakedlunch02.jpg

nakedlunch03.jpg

im not big on brow highlight eyeshadows but if i remember its always nice to add a little something to that part of the eye to give it the same shimmery texture as the rest of the eye. i used Naked Lunch as highlight in the Last Call, Eletrolady! look because the pink undertone went with the pinkiness of the purpley burgundy eyeshadow, Last Call by Urban Decay. its just my personal preference but im not into opaque super white or silver brow highlights, i prefer it to be a subtle accent.

source : kissykae

kissablekae, do you have a special 'Teddy' pencil??? because mine looks so blah on me...maybe you use a base to make it pop (please say yes and restore my faith in teddy)?

^ i just have a regular Teddy pencil

i dont put any bases before or anything and nothing on top. for me it works best if its not obstructed by any shadows or mascaras. sometimes i accidentally get mascara or shadow on it, it doesnt look as vibrant.

maybe sharpen just the top layer and give it another try? i dont know i love Teddy because of the shimmer it has. a lot of other brown pencils are too basic for me, upclose they looked too matte and dull. you can always try to return it...ive returned Smolder not too long ago.

Purples, greens, reds, oranges and dark blues.

Brown eyes can go with almost anything really, since brown is a neutral.

BLUE STEEL
blue without being too much for the day by keeping the shadow low on the lids.
im blonde too so i dont want to over do it and look like Barbie.

bluesteel000.jpg

bluesteel003.jpg

bluesteel001.jpg

bluesteel002.jpg

* Dior Seascape palette
- powder blue all over eyelid avoiding brow bone, blend for a sheer soft base
- bright oceany blue on creases and blended slightly above, line lower inner half

* CS 88 Shimmer Palette
- medium navy blue on top, covering the oceany blue entirely, line lower inner half

* Maybelline Ultra Liner in Black
* Shiseido Eyelash Curler
* Maybelline Full n Soft Mascara

if i had a good medium navy shadow at the moment i would have just used that alone on the crease but the CS one is really sheer so it needed a base. this was just a spur of the moment thing, playing around with makeup so i'll probably end up tweaking it when i get better colors to work with :smile:

ME

Barbie Loves Kae

barbieloveskae009.jpg

barbieloveskae003.jpg

barbieloveskae005.jpg

barbieloveskae008.jpg

barbieloveskae010a.jpg

* Urban Decay Primer Potion - all over lid
* MAC Naked Lunch e/s - beige pink all over lid
* Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer e/s Palette - neutral pink in eyesocket
* Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer e/s Palette - medium blue e/s as eyeliner on top
* MAC Teddy liner - brown on the bottom
* Shiseido Eyelash Curler
* Maybelline Lash Stylist in Black

Yours Truly, Kae

thank you jaydotcee!

sometimes when i try brown e/s and i feel it looks dull...i cheat and add purple!
better than walking around feeling flat.
004leaves.jpg

003leaves.jpg

smokey brown with black liner
001smokey.jpg

002smokey.jpg

003smokey.jpg

004smokey.jpg

001brown.jpg

since i dont wear black eyeliner on a normal day to day basis, i havent put much effort in finding a holy grail black liner. the ones ive tried have a sticky consistency that just makes tightlining and lash curling a mess. what are your faves?

i usually wear shimmery shadows but today i was playing with some matte, they look okay but i typically find them harder to blend. i save it for a day when i have time to play.

Me.

kissablekae, although I can't see a full face photo, I think you look absolutely gorgeous in black hair! Is that your current look? If so, keep it! You look so elegant :smile:

And I agree, brown works soooo well for asian eyes. It's the only color I ever really use these days. I have especially chunky asian meat above my eyelids, and the brown really helps fake some depth to my eyes :lol:

^ thank you :smile: michyed!

i think brown is great because it goes with pretty much any outfit and its great for adding depth without being too much. my prob with browns is they seem to do whatever they want depending on the day, one day a brown shadow will work for me, another day the same shadow doesnt do anything for my eyes, looks a bit muddy.

i dont have any nice greys but my sisters use black and blend/fade it out because a lot of greys come off blueish.

i feel like doing something fun today but i dont know what, i havent been experiementing very miuch lately. possibly burgundy iffff i have the patience

playing with mattes, using one color Dior Earthglow palette.
last photo, i added some brow stuff : on me personally i like a subtle soft looking brow, like almost airbrushed(its dreamy to me :wink: ) instead of sharpely defined. i use light brow stuff to keep it soft looking. i know the trend is super filled in brows but i dont mind if they actually look like hair still(not a fan of tatted look on me), after all thats what they are! :wink:

i dont think ive done an eye this deep&dark in years, at least i cant remember the last time. this is for a night out on the town!

Lounge001.jpg

Lounge002.jpg

Lounge003.jpg

meee.

if depends but if im really into put make up it will be like a lot of eye liner kind of 60s insane way...and i gotta big eyes and long lashes... so i dunno the effect is so 60s... a bit crazy... if its morning i go for something more discreet or just and simply nothing... i guess now in Summertime i can't think much on make up...maybe softy or only at special occasions... i do admit i do take more care specially on eye liner and play with colors in winter cause now we have some many times of sun than im pretty much hidden by shades and creams. haha

a simple night time look that i liked to do when i was a Brunette/Raven.
i like this especially when i go out of town and share a hotel with friends. i don't like bringing a lot of makeup when i travel. and of course everyone has to share mirrors and areas with good lighting so i don't like to fuss too much on my makeup. it's simple but enough to show in pictures. ^_^

i love how sheer black shadow can make eyes of any color pop.

* eyeshadow : Urban Decay in Oil Slick (black with silver shimmer)
- pat on with a finger, keeping it low on the lid and blend the edges with a clean fluffy brush
* eyeliner : MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
* curl lashes & black mascara.

december-smokey00.jpg

me.

i really wish i had brown eyes sometimes...you girls all have such pretty eye colours

I always wear dark colours on my eyes. My usual eyeshadow is Bourjois Ombre Stretch in Intense Black and I also like Bourjois Ombre a Paupieres in Noir Emeraude. I always wear loads of kohl pencil too, usually Lancome Le Crayon in Noir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->