Burberry F/W 2024.25 by Tyrone Lebon

Lol these brands are all copying each other. The same old Phoebe's CELINE ads carbon copies.
I mean…They all came from Phoebe’s Celine studio. It’s also part of their legacy…

Christopher Bailey, when he took over Burberry didn’t went really far to take his official photographer tbh…

I mean…They all came from Phoebe’s Celine studio. It’s also part of their legacy…

Christopher Bailey, when he took over Burberry didn’t went really far to take his official photographer tbh…
I think this is just lazy because in the end you should have also a strong voice or urge to express its like Demna ripping everything Margiela but he been there just a short time ....for me this is not legacy its parasitic behavior approach to design.... it can't be cloths and photographer and stores etc etc all same things concept where is the need to be different or push things forward then as a creative ?

it's almost arrogant way to think you can out master the master at his or her own game by being lazy even Phoebe left stella and build her own world and daniel was not at Celine from the start so for me he joined a establish concept & approach to design.

I prefer types like Michelle then .....that being at Gucci so long he did his own spin like it or not !!!!! once he got his chance or Nicolas he did work for JPG you can see some JPG time to time in his work but his voice is his own even when he assables from so many great designers past work items. pillati same same you can see prada color and fabric obsession shared commonality but most is his own obsessions.

I think this is just lazy because in the end you should have also a strong voice or urge to express its like Demna ripping everything Margiela but he been there just a short time ....for me this is not legacy its parasitic behavior approach to design.... it can't be cloths and photographer and stores etc etc all same things concept where is the need to be different or push things forward then as a creative ?

it's almost arrogant way to think you can out master the master at his or her own game by being lazy even Phoebe left stella and build her own world and daniel was not at Celine from the start so for me he joined a establish concept & approach to design.

I prefer types like Michelle then .....that being at Gucci so long he did his own spin like it or not !!!!! once he got his chance or Nicolas he did work for JPG you can see some JPG time to time in his work but his voice is his own even when he assables from so many great designers past work items. pillati same same you can see prada color and fabric obsession shared commonality but most is his own obsessions.

the entire industry has been in a post phoebe celine love fest that has really infiltrated everything

the pinnacle of fashion right now for the top creative directors is still referencing like 'phoebe celine eating the watermelon on camera flash terracotta wall wide lens raw no makeup chunky gold jewelry', the mark borthwick rawness they all cant think beyond it at the moment, still, so no its not fair to hold the blame only to those who worked under her

i think the worst of stuck-in-philo-land and need to rise above are proenza who didnt even work for her

Last edited:

I must say that Demna is different tho. He is a bit of a fraud for me tbh, because he wasn’t part of the legacy he copied.
The real heir of Margiela is Lutz Huelle to be totally fair.
Demna went and appropriated a story that helped him to copy everything.

That being said, I think maturity in design comes with time too. Phoebe Philo at Celine was 10 years but also a pure aesthetic evolution. Daniel Lee like Matthieu Blazy is part of that last alteration.

In the grand game of fashion, Daniel Lee’s voice hasn’t had the time to fully mature yet. Alessandro Michele joined Gucci in 2002 and became a CD in 2015. He had enough time to mature his taste in that long time.

I think it’s also a question of strong fashion POV in the houses those designers are taking. Nicolas Ghesquiere started at Gaultier, worked with Corinne Cobson, did Balenciaga, did Callaghan, had probably images that build his sensibility.

When you look at all Nicolas’s alumni it’s clear that they are part of that school and it’s only with time that you clearly see the differences.

I don’t know, for me it’s not shocking. It’s actually something that I enjoy in terms of career evolution.

But I find it rather interesting that Blazy and Lee are perpetuating that kind of « naturalist » aesthetic they had, that is linked with Phoebe’s Celine…When for example Blazy could have had the intellectual Vanderperre approach,

My point is more that it's just boring so much of the same and that's it's nothing wrong with PH or Margiela´s original idea of arriving to the end image or products but the endless copies and version it's not a homage to me or legacy anymore because for that it should bring it to a next level or evolve to something newer but its not.

Sorry to be so anti today but the idea of maturing is not to be applied for everyone some or most creatives just stay in the same lane with same point of view and never get better or more original.

I think too many brands and to many overlapping of codes and again i go back to what i said few posts before there is no creative discipline in respecting a house codes and respectfully breaking the rules in advantage of the larger story of the house.

I find the top luxury car brands do a better job at these or some watch companies in a more conservative way.

Its all too sloppy and to much explaining/mind hoops jumping to be done by the consumer or fan of the brands to justify its not all that bad after all, for things that are just not amazing or original or well done.

I still think it doesnt justify it.

And it's not only him, it's a great part of the industry. A part that I like tbh - Lee, Blazy, Davis - but it's getting tired.

^^
That’s why I make a difference between a trend and a school of design.
I can’t possibly judge a person who came from the studio that participated in making that aesthetic relevant the same way than person that was simply influenced by it.

I understand that it’s tiring because it’s the dominant aesthetic but it would be unfair for me to criticize someone who got this as part of his identity.

The fact that you mention Davies is telling. I don’t think he is that confident in his aesthetic language, despite his talent.

From Phoebe herself, there’s a thread from Teller to Lebon. Daniel Lee has Lebon, Frantini and now Mark Kean doing his visuals. Let’s see how it’s developped.

Regarding designers that aren’t part of that ethos who are following their aesthetic, there’s a question of confidence, maybe sometimes of pressure from the marketing teams or simply a lack of imagination. As I commented on the TOTEME thread: are all the minimalist brands forced to do super serious visuals with perfect hair, perfect everything with a white background?

I really have no idea what Daniel is trying to say his version of Burberry is. I feel like it's trying to be 35 different things at once.

I'm here for none of this. I'm sure they thought that randomly plastering the logo across the image would make it look 'dynamic', but it's just distracting. The clothes all look less desirable.

Throw the whole campaign away 🚮

casting location photography beautiful, its what burberry should be logo n all, if only it didnt seem wildy overpriced and a lil pretentious, and the economic moment were different, this would be doing so well

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Regelskym
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->