Bustier Dresses. Love 'em or Leave 'em?

Miley's Dress was to die for!!

Miley-cyrus-2010-oscars.jpg

elle.com

Ooooooh I'm not very fond of Miley... but whoever her stylist is... amazing choice on that dress. I think bustier dresses are almost universally flattering. :flower:

Oh dear, I'm not sure about everyone's thought process as to how that would be flattering on every girl.

I used to be DD and these kinds of dresses and tops were the devil! It's very hard to provide the need support for the tatas within the bustier without straps. Also it brings quite a bit of attention to the twins. And some even make them appear larger--consequently ruining porportion. Since I'm already quite short with not much of a torso, I can't afford to do that.

But that's my experience with them and my one personal phobia against strapless things.

Perhaps someone else with a larger chest has had a different experience?

umm if you have d-cups like moi then absolutely not. i don't want anyone seeing how big my bra is. haha.

I agree, I don't find them flattering on a girl with a big bust. I've never really worn a bustier dress out, expect like..about 2 weeks ago when I attended a wedding, usually I like prancing around in them at home. :blush:

Some of them are lovely. Like most things though, they can look beautiful and tasteful or not so good.

Love them too.

I got my first one last year from Isabel Marant. I'd never dared before to even try one but this one was gorgeous and casual too so I don't feel out of my fashion comfort zone.

You just have to hunt the perfect bra to feel comfortable in it.

I love these dresses too.
I do not really like Miley, but her dress is amazing!

I feel as though you'd have to have a medium-sized bust to look good in those dresses. I could see them not being flattering on smaller chests if the cups of the dress don't look filled out, or on the flipside being too risqué on bigger girls. It obviously will differ from dress to dress, but people on the extreme ends of the scale will probably have a tougher time of it.

I'm definitely not Miley's biggest fan (or even fan in general) but she looks great there and that dress is gorgeous.

I'd love to buy one but I don't know if it'd be the most appropriate choice of clothing for a fifteen year old. Haha

I think bustier dresses only look good on a B-cup or smaller and with a fuller skirt. And Miley would have looked 50000x better if the top was ever-so-slightly bigger and she stood up straight. Posture, girlfriend, posture!

Love 'em! I think they're flattering and feminine on almost anyone. Well, only in silk and fitted. I have yet to see one look bad in all honesty. When Proenza Schouler did them waaay back in the day was the day I fell in love with "fashion," seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love 'em and got about 4 of these dresses. They're actually not made for my figure, since I have quite chubby upper arms, but I can't resist wearing them anyways :rofl:

I think they are great... on other people. You have to have just enough on top to pull it off. Too much or too little can look tragic.

I love them, but it depends on the fabric. I'm in the flat-chested camp and some bustier dresses make me look terrible, however, others can be flattering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->