Buying LV in France

satine112

Reaction score
Ok, so i've been reading different posts here and there, and I am under the impression that LV is the cheapest in France. How cheap are we talking here?? Say I want the Speedy, that's like $500 bucks. How much would it be there? I am very curious.

Thanks

p.s. then, is there a web site that i can purchase from with these cheap prices? lol

satine112 said:
Ok, so i've been reading different posts here and there, and I am under the impression that LV is the cheapest in France. How cheap are we talking here?? Say I want the Speedy, that's like $500 bucks. How much would it be there? I am very curious.

Thanks

p.s. then, is there a web site that i can purchase from with these cheap prices? lol

The only Website that sell AUTHENTIC Louis Vuitton is http://www.eluxury.com/

Unfortunatly LV isn`t much cheaper in France - compared to Germany the bags are 10-20 Euro cheaper per bag (same with Gucci in Italy).

The only way to REALLY get them cheaper would be Tax-Free Shopping (Dubai etc.) because the Tax really matters (there were 70 Euro Tax on my LV Deauville! :( )

hmmm I was wonder that also satine, I may be going to france this year and I am looking to buy my first Vuitton this year also :P .

Does anyone know the rough price of a speedy 30 (in monogram, epi also if anyone knows) in the U.K ?

I am pretty sure I want a speedy, I know I can afford it, but i'd like to know roughly, because prices do vary on locations.

If anyone could help that'd be great :flower:

Ms. Diorella said:
Does anyone know the rough price of a speedy 30 (in monogram, epi also if anyone knows) in the U.K ?

I am pretty sure I want a speedy, I know I can afford it, but i'd like to know roughly, because prices do vary on locations.

If anyone could help that'd be great :flower:

I have recently bought the Speedy 25 - it was 390 Euro. (If I remember correctly the Speedy 30 was 415 Euro).

Speedys are the most affordable of all LVs - but make sure they give you a Dustbag in the right size so you don`t have to store in folded (!) as they expect you to...:doh:

Heroin_Chic said:
I have recently bought the Speedy 25 - it was 390 Euro. (If I remember correctly the Speedy 30 was 415 Euro).

Speedys are the most affordable of all LVs - but make sure they give you a Dustbag in the right size so you don`t have to store in folded (!) as they expect you to...:doh:

Thanks for your help Heroin Chic :flower: .

If i buy it in France I guess it'll be roughly around that price then, but I don't know about in the uk, it may cost more as most things do (grr!!!). My trip to france is unfortunately not definate, so it may end up as a trip to Vuitton in Edinburough insted.

How are you finding your speedy 25?

when i was in paris in october the lv shop was closed for matainenece. Omg the side of the shop is in the shape of a big lv bag its so kewl.

Ms. Diorella said:
Thanks for your help Heroin Chic :flower: .

If i buy it in France I guess it'll be roughly around that price then, but I don't know about in the uk, it may cost more as most things do (grr!!!). My trip to france is unfortunately not definate, so it may end up as a trip to Vuitton in Edinburough insted.

How are you finding your speedy 25?

You will definitly pay a little less in France than I did at LV here (I live in an "expensive" part of Germany) and hey, buying it directly from LV in France is cool and special! Enjoy! :woot:

I`m VERY VERY happy with my Speedy! It`s spacious, very light, chic and practical - and the price is "low enough" to actually use it (and not keep it in the closet as if it was the holy Grale...)!

Really, go for it - I think a Speedy is the best possible Everyday-Bag!

I'm pretty sure there is more than one Vuitton store in Paris, infact I think there are several :unsure:

don't you all find the LVs with just wrist straps annoying? It would be such a pain, imo, to carry a bag on your wrist all day long. I prefer one on my shoulder, and i know they sell shoulder straps, but i think they're ugly...

i don't know.

satine112 said:
don't you all find the LVs with just wrist straps annoying? It would be such a pain, imo, to carry a bag on your wrist all day long. I prefer one on my shoulder, and i know they sell shoulder straps, but i think they're ugly...

I`m already annoyed by the regular strap on the Pochette Accessoires / Multicolour Pochette - totally impractical length!

But the biggest annoyance is that the NECESSARY additional Shoulder-Strap costs around 50 Euro!!!:doh:

This is just a friendly warning to all: If you ever go to Paris and have a Japanese tourist ask you to buy a Louis Vuitton bag for them (because of the limited number of bags a person can buy in the store), please decline, unless you want to aid the Japanese designer bag black market. There are articles about this here. Just press CTRL-F and type in "LVMH" or "Louis Vuitton" to see the relevant reports.

Other than that, yes, Louis Vuitton is indeed cheaper in France! :heart:

satine112 said:

i don't know.

if i had a speedy i'd carry it by hand not on my arm, i can't carry them like that, and i prefer to carry bags by hand anyway :D

I would recommend buying LV in France or any other European country over the States. LV should cost the same in all EU countries. The price difference is not that big right now because of the strong Euro, but it will be slightly less expensive. The big difference is the quality of the bags. Many of the bags sold on eluxury and US LV boutiques are made in the USA. I don't want to knock the US, but we have other strengths. France, Italy and other European countries (Spain, England) have strong traditions of leather artisanship, that's why bags and shoes are so special from European houses.

luxwear said:
I would recommend buying LV in France or any other European country over the States. LV should cost the same in all EU countries. The price difference is not that big right now because of the strong Euro, but it will be slightly less expensive. The big difference is the quality of the bags. Many of the bags sold on eluxury and US LV boutiques are made in the USA. I don't want to knock the US, but we have other strengths. France, Italy and other European countries (Spain, England) have strong traditions of leather artisanship, that's why bags and shoes are so special from European houses.

Agreed :wink:

Thats weird, if you just go around the corner on rue st.george the store was still open when I was there and the big suitcase was just covering what they were working on in the new store. I found the bags to be slightly cheaper in the Paris boutique but regards to taxes, there is an LV in Heathrow non? I can't remember all of a sudden for some reason. I know there is definately Gucci and Chanel. For some reason it never clicked that I wouldn't have to pay taxes on bags there.

Meg said:
Thats weird, if you just go around the corner on rue st.george the store was still open when I was there and the big suitcase was just covering what they were working on in the new store. I found the bags to be slightly cheaper in the Paris boutique but regards to taxes, there is an LV in Heathrow non? I can't remember all of a sudden for some reason. I know there is definately Gucci and Chanel. For some reason it never clicked that I wouldn't have to pay taxes on bags there.
I don't think heathrow Terminal 4 has an LV (I was there a few at the end of December). I remember that there was one in Orly (Paris) a few years back...don't know if there still is. I find many duty frees to be even more expensive than "High Street" stores much of the time. Be careful about checking the prices....
About taxes - why don't you do Tax free? All non EU citizens have the right to take the VAT (taxes) back once the purchased article leaves the EU. You fill out a form in the store, and get a customs stamp at the airport of departure...and you get about 12% of what you paid back (it varies slightly from country to country).

yeah it is cheapter to buy the LV bags anywhere in europe. When i went this past summer my mom was eyeing the mini mongram and everywhere she went it was the same price on the tag. but you save on the taxes. i think it was 13% at gucci and 12% at LV. but you should definately buy in europe. dont' buy in the UK because it is super expensive. so basically you save on the taxes. My mom got the Mini Monogram Lucille and it was i think 750usd or something but she saved almost 80usd bucks. :smile:

I bought an Alma bag last year in Paris and while it is not much cheaper (lux import taxes and sales taxes make up the difference in price) the shopping experience is unlike any other. At the flagship LV store you are served wine/champagne and treated like a VIP and basically have your own personal shopper who offers assistance in a low key way and is not pushy. If you buy a bag there you should fill out a tax form that allows you to get back the sales tax you paid (you can elect to receive cash at the airport or have it credited to your charge card). When I left France I got back several hundred $ that I had paid in taxes.

I know my post is very VERY late but people visiting france, have this in mind. You can request TAX FREE and you get about 12% back on your LV purchase, making your purchase a lot cheaper than it already is. For LV prices in France you can check their e-shopping site. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->