Lanvin S/S 2015 Paris

At first I thought I was looking at a continuation of the Fall collection. Having the exact same lighting certainly wasn't helping that, but it managed to find its footing as it progressed.

I always have loved Alber Elbaz aesthetic for Lanvin, even for summer it's always very dark, intense and sexy, but that doesn't make it less spring than others, Lanvin means strong women, and women love black and dark colors.
Something I've never seen before at Lanvin is the lace, something new for me (If I'm not wrong). The movement of the soft fabrics makes it look fresh and soft no matter how dark it is. Again Alber putting a extraordinary show together. Congratulations Alber.
BTW. Meisel needs to come back and photograph those amazing bags!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm always a sucker for his dark, seductive romance. Swoon.

So much love. The jewelry is amaze-balls as per usual and I'm loving the minimalistic, unfussy approach to the clothes this season. Those last dresses with the animal print are beautiful...many, many things to love here :heart:.

I have very mixed feelings about this one. I adore the cleaner part of the collection, but hate ending with all those printed pieces (bad styling maybe). I totally see Jason Wu in all lace dresses, not a fan.

without any doubt..this collection will be well-sold!amzing fluid silhouette...sophisticated accessories,D-O-P-E design....best so far in paris fashion week!this is the revival of fashion!:cool2:

I didn't like it at first, but I can see the potential in a lot of these pieces. If only he had sent out fewer looks, but more well-thought out, edited and executed. He seems to be pulled from different directions, wanting to try a more minimal approach but pressed to deliver more obvious luxury for the Lanvin clients.

This is the first collection in a while that I've loved, I loved how he went back to what he did best, scaling things back such as the styling and the embellishments and really letting the pieces speak for themselves in its simplistic but deconstructed manner which he has always done so incredibly well.

Alber knows how to strike that nostalgic feeling whilst remaining sexy and modern - I also liked how he presented the collection with a wide variety of models of all ages, that for me added more personality and reality to the collection, because a woman hasn't got to be a 20-something to be glamorous or sexy?

What a gorgeous collection. So many beautiful pieces.

Lanvin always nails it when it comes to easy, effortless glamour. Love every single look.

This definitely is a beautiful collection. Seductive, mysterious yet still summery and light. However, I took a closer look to the detailed photos and saw quite a number of quality errors. As if they didn't manage to finish some of the clothes in time and tried to fix the situation backstage.

Alber has always been my favourite yet even with the anniversary I didn't expect it to be that amazing.

The season has been pretty uninspiring IMO but this is absolutely brilliant. From the astonishing casting, to the amazing styling passing by the great rythm of the collection (fluid/structured/sleek/brocades/prints). This is such a dynamic offering. It's thrilling and extremely inspiring. He nails colors explosion but I'm in love with his dark and sensual elegance. For me Spring/Summer isn't necessary about colors. There's more life here than in many others color filled collections. The fluidity and the movement given by the clothes is amazing. I just love how flattering all the outfits look. It's such a beautiful love letter to the women's body.
The first segment with those minimal jersey dresses is the chicest thing I've seen this season so far. If you're woman you're dying to buy it, if you're a man you're dying to fall in love with the woman wearing it and if you work in fashion you're just dying to to use it. This collection has it all and yet he didn't felt the needed to go extremely bold and extravagant with ruffles, big jewelry, draping and all. I think Jeanne Lanvin would be very proud, this is pure and clean perfection. I can not wait to see it in motion and all those dresses on the red carpet.

I love it.. totally unexpected though. It didn't feel much like Lanvin at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->