Cake mascara

Platinum Blonde

Reaction score
Has anyone tried cake mascara? If so what did you think of it? Was the application part easy or difficult? What did you think about the result?
I really wanna try it because I love everything that has to do with makeup it also because cake mascara has do with the old Hollywood which has fascinated me since my childhood.
The brands I know have cake mascara are Lola Cosmetics,Longcils Boncza,Paula Dorf and Isadora.

It's mascara in pressed form I would describe it. You are suppose to moist the brush (with water) and storke it over the cake mascara and then apply from the root of the lashes to tip. If you search on Cake mascara on the pictures part of Google and Altavista you can find pics.

I've never tried it but would love to. I'm a bit obsessed with old Hollywood glamour as well :heart:

Here's a pic:
makeup.com

Attachments

• lola_lola_loves_lashes.jpg
    lola_lola_loves_lashes.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 134
looks enjoyable, though I can't imagine the results would match some of the glorious tubes!

I think today's tube mascaras are superior to the cake mascaras. But I would still love to try. Because it has do to with old classic Hollywood. I'm happy more people than me love that. Not that I am suprised though.

I don't think I'd do very well with a flat brush like that! :wacko:

It looks interesting though. Where is it carried?

Never tried it. I've heard it's messy and not nearly as effective as as modern day tubes, but it'd be fun to try anyway!
Let me know if you end up buying some! I'm interested to hear what you think of it.

I think I'm getting the Paula Dorf through a MUA swap! I'm so excited! Will definitely report back if this swap happens :woot:

I've heard some people say they prefer it to the tube because of the control. But it takes some practice. I imagine tubes have taken over because anyone can use them.

I would like to try it, but... I'm not exactly spending on makeup like I used to.

I have the Lola Cosmetics cake mascara! I got it just to experiment and have fun-- I'm a serious makeup junkie! It does take practice, and isn't at convenient as a tube (since you have to use water with it), but it's great to use with fake lashes!!

So all in all, my favorite tube (Dior Blackout at the moment) is better and has better results... but cake mascara has it's uses!

I just found out on a webshop that Marilyn Monroe used Longcils Boncza Cake Mascara.
And nowdays it's Catherine Z Jones. And that it contains beeswax and rosewater. That makes me wanna buy it even more! Marilyn Monroe is my big idol and I like Catherine Z Jones too. The orginal cold cream recipe is beeswax,rosewater and almond oil. And that is also a classical/old Hollywood glamour product.
Ibimus: I definitely will! I think I'm gonna order one next month or so. I will tell you what I think of it.

I wanted to try this bad too. I'm in a very vintage-y mood. I want cake mascara, Besame makeup, and a Caron powderpuff.

Kryolan makes a cake mascara I want to try.

As a heads up to everyone, La Femme makes a cake mascara, but it contains thimerasol!! It gets good reviews but anything with thimerasol is a no go.

Platinum Blonde I agree that tube mascaras are superior now. However in my mind I think cake mascaras might 'thicken' lashes more effectively.

^Yeah I have a feeling this stuff is only sold for the romantic nostalgia linked to it. I mean it is essentially wetting black eyeshadow and brushing that on your lashes, right??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johngreen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->