Calvin Klein Underwear F/W 10.11 : Zoe Saldana by Mikael Jansson

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score

twitter/jimshi809

Last edited by a moderator:
BERLIN & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Calvin Klein Underwear, a division of Warnaco Inc. [NYSE: WRC], along with Calvin Klein, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation [NYSE: PVH], today announced at a press conference in Berlin, Germany that acclaimed actress Zoe Saldana will be featured in the women’s Fall 2010 Calvin Klein Underwear global advertising campaign.

The Fall 2010 Calvin Klein Underwear campaign was shot by renowned fashion photographer Mikael Jansson in New York City. The Fall 2010 media campaign will be comprised of a strategic mix of print, digital, and outdoor advertising timed to coincide with October 2010 magazine issues.

“We are excited to have Zoe Saldana as the face of Calvin Klein Underwear, and Calvin Klein Envy, our new product launch,” said Bob Mazzoli, Chief Creative Officer of Calvin Klein Underwear. “Zoe brings the campaign to life, and her universal appeal will enable us to continue to expand our dialogue with our consumers worldwide.”

“Calvin Klein has always put forth such beautifully executed campaigns,” said Ms. Saldana. “It’s very exciting for me to be associated with such an iconic, globally recognized brand like Calvin Klein Underwear.”

Said Tom Murry, President & CEO, Calvin Klein, Inc., “We feel strongly that Zoe’s natural beauty and authenticity in the upcoming Calvin Klein Underwear campaign will resonate with our consumers and enhance the awareness of the brand.”

The Fall 2010 global advertising will feature Calvin Klein Underwear’s Envy range, the latest collection from Calvin Klein Underwear. Calvin Klein Underwear Envy is a new line of lingerie designed to create a more revealing silhouette. The introduction of Calvin Klein Underwear Envy completes the Calvin Klein Underwear Coverage Level System. In this revolutionary new shopping system, Calvin Klein Underwear bras are now identified by three distinct levels of coverage. Each level is differentiated by cup coverage, as well as strap and band width. Envy is Coverage Level 1, with the most minimal level of coverage for a sleek, sexy look. Perfectly Fit is Coverage Level 2 and provides mid-level coverage for classic comfort. Seductive Comfort, positioned at Coverage Level 3, offers the most coverage and support.

Ms. Saldana has a long-standing relationship with the house of Calvin Klein and is frequently wardrobed by Calvin Klein Collection. Most recently, she has been wardrobed by the brands’ award-winning Women’s Creative Director, Francisco Costa, for the 2010 CFDA Fashion Awards, the 2010 Costume Institute Benefit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and at last month’s amfAR’s Inspiration Gala, among other personal appearances.

Ms. Saldana most recently captured the attention of moviegoers as Neytiri in “Avatar,” the highest grossing film of all time, which also won the 2010 Golden Globe for Best Picture, and went on to receive a total of nine 2010 Academy Awards nominations. In 2009, Ms. Saldana also starred in the blockbuster action-sci-fi film “Star Trek” and was most recently seen in the films “Death at A Funeral” and “The Losers.”

Warnaco Inc., headquartered in New York, is a leading global apparel company engaged in the business of designing, sourcing, marketing and selling intimate apparel, menswear, jeanswear, swimwear, men's and women's sportswear and accessories under such owned and licensed brands as Warner's®, Olga®, Body Nancy Ganz®, and Speedo®, as well as Chaps® sportswear and denim, and Calvin Klein® men's, women's and children’s underwear, men’s and women’s bridge apparel and accessories, men's and women's jeans and jeans accessories, junior women's and children's jeans and men’s and women's swimwear.

Calvin Klein, Inc. is one of the leading fashion design and marketing studios in the world. It designs and markets women’s and men’s designer collection apparel and a range of other products that are manufactured and marketed through an extensive network of licensing agreements and other arrangements worldwide. Brands/lifestyles include Calvin Klein Collection, ck Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein Jeans, and Calvin Klein Underwear. Product lines under the various Calvin Klein brands include apparel, accessories, shoes, sleepwear, hosiery, socks, swimwear, belts, eyewear, watches, jewelry, coats, suits, fragrances, and cosmetics, as well as products for the home. For more information, visit calvinklein.com.

Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation, one of the world's largest apparel companies, owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger brands worldwide. It is the world's largest shirt and neckwear company and markets a variety of goods under its own brands, Van Heusen, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, IZOD, ARROW, Bass and G.H. Bass & Co., and its licensed brands, including Geoffrey Beene, Kenneth Cole New York, Kenneth Cole Reaction, MICHAEL Michael Kors, Sean John, Chaps, Trump, JOE Joseph Abboud, DKNY and Timberland. For more information, visit pvh.com.
businesswire.com

Thanks for post very Boring remember me Hilary Swank by Steven Meisel

I like Zoe but what's wrong with models? Hello, Lara?

I have always thought that she has a very modelesque face but this shot really does nothing for her. terrible angle

They should have chosen Lara for this as well.

Zoe :heart: Not a huge fan of this shot, but hopefully others will be better :smile:

I like it even though I don't disagree that the pose is a little stiff / awkward. I also see the Tyra resemblance, of course Tyra would have filled out that bra a lot more that Zoe is. Again I like it and am looking forward to seeing more.

A black girl scoring a Calvin Campaign??...major!!!!!!...she looks amazing...

They should have chosen Lara for this as well.

Yup. I like what I've seen of her in the public eye. I think she seems like a nice girl, but she just doesn't seem like someone who has the allure to carry an underwear campaign..especially since most underwear campaigns are supposed to be sexy or enticing in some way.

Zoe is stunning, I can't wait to see the rest of the campaign!

She really does look like Tyra in that shot :lol:

i love her and i also love that a woman of color got a campaign (enought with that flood of white blondes) but Zoe doesn't really have the body to do underwear imo...

zoeckenvy04.jpg

zoesaldana.jpg

zoeckenvy05.jpg

fabsugar

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back