Calvin Klein Collection F/W 07.08 : Suvi Koponen & Sean Opry by Craig McDean

style_expert

Reaction score
06180743xf3.jpg

NATALIA'S SEASON OFF: Natalia Vodianova, a regular fixture in Calvin Klein ads since 2003, is being replaced in the upcoming Calvin Klein Collection campaign by Finnish model Suvi. The reason: Vodianova is seven months pregnant.

The campaign, shot by Craig McDean at Milk Studios, will also feature model Sean O. Meanwhile, many women will be happy to hear that Gabriel Aubry, Halle Berry's model boyfriend, is returning once again for Calvin Klein. He was shot at 7 World Trade Center and other street locations by photographer Mikael Jansson. And Calvin Klein Jeans is also bringing model and musician Jamie Burke back for his second season. David Sims shot Burke and Lara Stone at Milk Studios. Stone has recently popped up on the covers of French Vogue and Japanese Vogue. The Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Collection ads will begin appearing in magazines in August, while Calvin Klein will start in September
from wwd

All hail Suvi!!! This was just the change that they needed. I love it!

:o I don't like the concept of these... Looks a bit like last season main line with Natalia. I prefer the concept with the chairs and the woods with Doutzen more.

They def have a different feel to them since Suvi and Natalia are such different models.

i like!
they're taking good new direction.

Umm....are you kidding. Apart from the model, EVERYTHING else is the same. Composure of the image, her pose etc etc

SO boring. I think I fell asleep when I saw these...:innocent::lol:

Well yes, of course its all still within that same Calvin Klein aesthetic...but I actually really like the composition of them, from what I can tell thus far. Suvi is a welcomed change in my opinion. Not to mention that in terms of classic beauty, these ads take the cake.

Also, I thought Natalia left her CK exclusive? I didn't know it was just temporary...though wasn't she JUST pregnant?

As youarearockstar as stated, the campaign keeps in line with the CK aesthetic which is obviously of utmost importance regarding the market etc.

I think Suvi has brought a subtle edginess to CK, the dissheveled hair really does hint to a certain understated aggression which is well....a lovely breath of fresh air.

Plus, Sean is hawwwwwt with an emphasised awww. So he'll bring to the campaign, whatever it requires lawl! Anyone know if this myspace I've found is actually his?

Last edited by a moderator:
oh no, Suvi can't replace Natalia. I wish they would choose some new girl. Suviis not bad but I do not see her as a Calvin girl:unsure:

i really like these :heart:
maybe i'm the only one but i think suvi's perfect for calvin klein :blush:
i love natalia as well, it's a nice change though

Last edited by a moderator:
Not too sure what to think of it... the second shot is better than the first one though.

Who cares about Suvi anyway? I'm just curious to see Sean Opry and his ads! :lol:

Is Natalia only replaced THIS season because she is pregnant?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->