Capes

_an_0148_size_0.jpg

Picture from http://www.viviennewestwood.co.uk
this Vivienne Westwood cape is what I am after for months, but I forgot to set my alarm on 27th...the first day VW went on sale, when I finally got there at 11am, I saw a gril paying for the last one:cry:

i've been trying to go through ebay, but i didn't find anything :/ i would like to have two kinds of capes, other which to my hips and other that is to my knees. belt would be nice as well.. sometimes i feel that i'm never gonna find my dream cape

just picked up the cutest cropped capelette from THEORY @ my local nordstroms rack :D

they have them for sale on saks.com (where this pic is from) but i only paid $99 for mine :D looks SOOOOOOO much better IRL

Last edited by a moderator:
PrincessImp. said:
I have a "cropped" cape, much like the one that DividedMoow posted.

I finally found a longer, black cape which I'll love to try, but unfortunately it's still a little too hot in SoCal now to break out my capes and jackets.

What do you wear under a cropped cape? I have a great buttercream one from Anthropologie, but have yet to wear it. Suggestions?

the-smiths said:
my friend wore a small black cape ontop of her ruffle white button up shirt with some skinny jeans and some wingtip shoes. She looked so good. I wish I would had taken pictures.

This sounds awesome!

yourbestfriend said:
I'd be interested in seeing that...any chance for a photo?

and 3months later, i'm waking up... i think i've posted my cape in the what are you wearing thread... but i'll post it there tomorrow... if you want...
(i have to go to bed...)

oh found a picture on my computer... here it is...

wore the cape. a white shirt, i think. jeans and black boots... or black gucci moccassion... cannot remember. and a new era cap (i know... :lol: )
and now... i must go to bed. bye guys.

bluefly has some cute capes now...

I love capes! I got one last year for something like £25 in marks and spencer in the january sale. It buttons up the front but I just overlap it and tie the belt. I haven't seen that many people wearing capes around the UK...

trobin99 said:
What do you wear under a cropped cape? I have a great buttercream one from Anthropologie, but have yet to wear it. Suggestions?

I wear mine with some tuxedo blouses or sweaters or long-sleeved tees to create a layered effect.
I have even worn mine with a dress before, but it really depends on what type of dress you are pairing your cape with.

that red cape is darling!

all of the capes on this page are!

i have an ivory wool one courtesy of ebay that has gorgeous slightly oversized brass buttons. i wore it on all holiday season with all black and it was so comfortable for travel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wwandre
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->