Caring for Damaged Hair (Colored, Bleached, Frizzy, Heat Styled)

ive also been using terax crema on my hair (which used to be very frizzy and poufy) and ive found its the only product that removes frizz and adds some heaviness

i swear by it - also, its done wonders for my sister's hair

Golden_butterfly said:
I used to have,if not frizzy, but close to frizzy and very dry hair.
I don't know what happend, wether I " outgrew " my dry hair ( at age 21 ? )
or if Sunsilk ( the orange one ) really saved me.

I'll try that. Right now I'm using the pink Sunsilk. But I'm not optimistic. The only way I can tame the frizzies is to move to a low humidity country. Humidity sucks!

i have naturally curly hair and have always struggled with frizziness....
it is not desperately bad, but it is definitely frizzy hair.....curly hair usually is, i think.....and the humidity definitely does NOT help....

ive tried a lot of products.... a LOT....
and the other day i picked up a pantene conditioner....something with amino acids....i will have to check for the 'official' name....
but this is FANTASTIC....:woot:

it doesnt weigh your hair down or create any of that oily slick flat nonsense....
i am loving this stuff.....if you cant fix your frizziness, try it!.....:heart:

Fried Hair

Hi, I looked around and couldn't find a thread on this...

My hair is pretty fried and coarse now thanks to past couple years of straighting it. I've had the ends cut off and use shine serum sometimes but it still feels burnt. How can I get my hair healthy again? Hot Oils?

I'd like to keep my hair straight but with the rate I'm going it's just doing major damage. Any advice on that? My hair is naturally wavy.

Leave it for a while, without doing anything to it other than regular lengthy treatments such as hot oil, head massage and deep conditioning. Let it air dry. You will notice a vast improvement. Sometimes hair is just beyond help and you'll need to have the chop :(

I have damaged hair too, though it's from past dying. There's not a whole lot you can do for it, except make some changes. Especially for when it grows back.

I also have wavy hair, and I used to straighten it every day. Since then I stopped and learned to live with it. Wavy hair isn't all bad, at best you can accentuate the waves and keep them smooth. Kind of like Kate Moss' hair.

Have you tried straightening creams? I know they can be quite sticky and thick, but try using just the right amount so you don't notice it. Otherwise try to keep it as straight as possible while it's air drying, or even set your hair dryer to cool and brush it straight. None of this can do as much as an iron, but it's better than nothing.

sheerblondeblondehairress3.jpg

I don't even have blonde hair but this hair repair conditioner is AMAZING. It says you should leave it on for 3 minutes.. but I tend to leave it on for a half hour if I feel my hair needs intense repair. It doesn't change the color of your hair or anything... so don't worry about that. It's about 5 or 6 dollars at the drugstore. I'd suggest starting out using it a couple times a week.. or however often until your hair feels normal again:flower:

[photo from www.hairboutique.com]

My hair has always been very, very dry, but its been even worse lately because of medication. So I invented a new routine that has totally turned my hair around! Its all soft and shiny :smile: So this is what i do:
-at night time, wash hair using moisturising shampoo (Terax Miele is the best!)
-wring out as much water as you can from the hair, and then massage a deep treatment into it.
-leave overnight, and rinse out the next morning.

Something that has really helped is John Frieda Sheer Blonde Spotlight. It says its a detangler, but its so much more than that (for me, at least!) It leaves my hair soft and silky and you only need a tiny little bit. I find that my hair just drinks shine serum up and then it gets really dirty without really achieving anything. But Spotlight really does the job! HTH!

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try it. So would coloring my hair in a couple weeks be a totally bad idea? I'm just making it a shade or two lighter than my natural dark brown hair.

lost in kyoto said:
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try it. So would coloring my hair in a couple weeks be a totally bad idea? I'm just making it a shade or two lighter than my natural dark brown hair.

Yess, leave it alone. The healthy hair is always the prettiest, and the easiest to manage. Your natural color and texture probably suits you the best. :flower: Once it's fully healthy again you can consider a process or two. Maybe even thermal reconditioning, a permanent straightening system that leaves your hair soft and shiny. But you cannot do it on damaged hair.

Work a leave-in conditioner through your hair, choose one that has alot of moisturising elements and oils. Get a heated towel and wrap your hair up in it. Best to leave it overnight.

Jojoba oil is great to tame crazy hair. You need pure jojoba oil (you can find it in health stores) and you have to put some drops in your hands and run the hands through the ends your your hair. Start with a few drops and then you can add some more, if your hair needs it.

It´s all natural and your hair literally "drinks" it, you can reapply often to the ends if your hair is long.

For me the best to skip the frizzies, is combing only when wet with a wide tooth comb, and then adding jojoba to the ends when dry.

There´s a catch though, if your hair is short, it can make it oilier.
But Jojoba oil is just heavenly for dyed hair, when it looks just fried, like mine´s.

Silicone containing serums are great too, they do the job perfectly too, but silicone is awful for my skin. If some drop of serum touches my skin...breakout garanteed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone tried Joico k-pak hair reconstructor for dry/damaged hair? Please share your experience and if you recommend it. I've heard somethings about it and I want to try it out.

newprincesita said:
Silicone containing serums are great too, they do the job perfectly too, but silicone is awful for my skin. If some drop of serum touches my skin...breakout garanteed!

What kind of silicone are you talking about dimethicone, cyclomethicone, dimethicone copolyol? I'm just curious because I've never heard of silicone causing skin to breakout.

Incidentally, you are right a silicone serum would work great. Look for one that contains Cyclomethicone because this stuff will work it's wonders and then evaporate so it won't build up. Dimethicone doesn't evaporate and will weigh your hair down.

My hair used to be very thirsty until I started using Salerm Balsam Protein Conditioner. Just a quarter size worked through hair works miracles!

hair care for bleached hair

Alright, in a couple of weeks, I am going platnium blond and have a question for all y'all. I currently wash and condition my hair everyday but was wondering if I need to buy a leave-in conditioner to use because bleaching dries your hair out. So, can I expect that I will need to buy one? Or do I need to just see what happens?

Can you fake it...?

My hair is not healthy, but I'll do just about anything to fake it.

Got any ideas?

It's not completely past help...I should probably wack off about 3 inches, but other than that it's okaaay. My hair is straight and fairly thin.

Oh and I didn't put this in the style my hair thread because I figured this could just be a thread about products, not a particular cut or anything. Anyone can chime in with any kind of hair product that's really hit home for them.

Thanks!

Why is it not in a good condition? Have you dyed it a lot or done something else to it? I recommend you cut off a good part of it and ask for the hairdresser to recommend you a good shampoo and a conditioner.

I wouldn't fake it, it might end up looking trashy. Getting a healthy hair takes up some patience, but it is worth it.

So i used to hate my hair, like really hate them, and now i LOVE them. one word: TAKE GOOD CARE OF THEM. Use anything, conditioner, mask, serum, special treatment oils, ANYTHING. Also try Frederik Fekkai's Protein Rx PM Repair strengthener, it revives and strengthens your hair. Cut them a little bit, and protect them. I promise you it won't take long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HEROES
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->