Caring for Damaged Hair (Colored, Bleached, Frizzy, Heat Styled)

yeah extra virgin olive oil is a great inexpensive method that makes my hair feel soooo smooth and soft. i only dip the ends of my hair in the oil, as oil and water don't mix, it can be difficult to wash it from my head enough that it doesn't leave greasy residue (i once even had to use vinegar to strip the oil from my roots :doh:)

Glad I read this thread before,the Lee Stafford stuff is good for me. As is herbal essences anti-breakage shampoo and conditioner.

Anyone on here brave enough to admit to using the argan oil hair product from primark? (Think it was to do wih argan oil) because it is only £2 and I've read some good things about it.

^ I've tried it!! Can't say I would recommend it though. It's not terrible, but I feel like it kind of just sits on top of my hair, it makes hair look shiny when you use it, but I don't think it has any long term conditioning benefits.

I also swear by coconut oil...I had a rather traumatic haircut back in January because of some gnarly damage done by over bleaching and ombre upon ombre, and since then I've been doing a weekly, sometimes twice weekly coconut oil mask, and I swear my hair has been transformed. My hair used to grow SO slow. Since I've been using the coconut oil, my hair has grown nearly 3 inches, which is almost double the average amount of hair growth for that time (.5" /month). It's also a lot shiner than it was before and I notice less shedding which used to be a big issue for me!

^ same here, I've been refusing to have a proper trim for a while now and beach runs, and the sun in general have been damaging my hair like crazy (it's now way lighter than I wish).. I had a bunch of split ends and the part I touch the most resembled tiny wires a few weeks ago :innocent:.. I trimmed each hair (because no amount of treatment or oil can save what's so obviously screwed) but have been applying coconut oil ever since, once every two days, and I've noticed major improvement (softer, longer) :heart:.. it kind of feels nasty while it's in my hair though, other than that I love it, it's worked better than Argan oil for me.

If anyone is visiting Brazil, (or lives there) be wise enough to take an empty suitcase and fill it with Niely GOLD products. It is a silicone serum with queratin wich has magic powers. My hair went from being straw like to silk like in 2 DAYS.

I swear by the Joico K-Pak 4 Step System, which has 2 shampoos and 2 conditioners. I only use them like once every two weeks because I'm afraid of putting too much protein in my hair, but every time I use it my hair becomes so soft and smooth. Biosilk silk therapy serum and "its a 10" leave in product are also necessities for me. The Loreal repair 5 damage erasing balm is not as good as Joico, but its pretty good and also much cheaper.

I bought few weeks ago kerastase resistance shampoo and condition and they are the best! I warmly recommend!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using this mask by Gliss Kur for a while and it's really nice, makes my hair a lot more manageable and softer. I'm excited to try the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer though, I'm getting it as soon as I return from the seaside, since my already damaged hair will probably be even worse by then.

Hair-Product-5.jpg

fashionsalade.com

I love Paul Mitchells forever blonde series.
My hair feels amazing always after i use them. I recommend them and Kerastese products.

Nita-Karoliina, I feel like a stalker, I am always commenting right below you :lol:

I recently bought John Frieda`s Anti-Frizz Serum, got to say it works wonders, especially on these cold winter months. Other saviour for my lightened hair is Schwarzkopf Extra Care Anti Damage Mask. I love how soft my hair feels after those two and they make them easier to handle, too.

Ha ha ha! :lol: ^_^

I actually like Maroccon oil. That lighter version. I've heard people talking that it's overrated but it works well for me,

My hairdresser recommended KMS TameFrizz and I'm really happy with the results. My hair is extremely coarse and frizzy but using the shampoo and conditioner once a week keeps it smooth and frizz-free. On the packaging it says it will keep hair smooth for three days, but it lasts much longer for me.

I was going to give my red hair a bit of a boost by giving it some extra color this winter. I bought a hair dye (Olia Intense copper 7.4), but now I see that the instructions specify that it should be applied to dry hair. This is a problem, because I have very long knotted curly hair. There is no way I will be able to distribute the color evenly when it is dry... Do any of you guys know if it would be okay to apply it to wet hair? It feels like such a waste to throw out a brand new box of hair dye:( (You can't return beauty products in Norway)

(Ps. I didn't know where to post this, but this seemed like the best thread)

I have my hair balayaged much lighter and even though they used Olaplex i have to admit it is much dryer... what has really worked for me is oils...

i love using Dr Haushka Neem oil and brush it in my hair before i shower... after i shower i use either argan or adagir oil... a deep conditioner also does wonders.. currently using Redken All Soft Heavy Cream.

Strangely enough the hair dryer i use also makes a huge difff. I used to use a Conair and my hair was always frizzy... I recently got an Elchim which has some good reviews at Shop Hair Dryers and not only does my hair dry faster but i swear it's healthier. I use to think expensive hair dryers were a rip off but it does make a difference.

Last but not least if you color your hair pls ask your colorist or only go to one who uses Olaplex... it prevents your hair from falling out and prevents future breakage. It can also be used as a treatment if you don't color your hair. All the top salons in L.A use it.

I tried getting into hair masks to fix my dry hair but just didn't have the patience to do it as often as needed. I did like one by Carol's Daughter... it's funny because I read so many reviews and everyone was saying how greasy it was and some stopped using it because of it. Well, my hair was soooo dry it ate that up in a matter of minutes so I didn't feel any type of grease.. just another day and another nice-smelling product for me.:mellow:

Anyway, my hair is super soft now, so soft I can't stop touching it.. touching it as I type :lol:... I didn't even plan it, I switched to Klorane shampoos and monoi oil pretty much at the same time.. monoi oil just seems to always work but also, I now use it after showering, with wet hair, so I think the heat of the hair dryer helps to absorb it, and my hair somehow dries faster with oil, and also I don't fully dry it anymore. I still love coconut oil but it just works better on my skin than on my hair.

Another thing is that I also went from eating the occassional amount of kale to industrial amounts in smoothies every morning. Come to think of it that may be the reason, it's just too good with banana, and so cheap!

I'm not a scientist but any moisturing products has to be applied on a "just-out-of-the-shower" wet ... skin and/or hair !

i have the sh*ttiest hair of them all ... they are dry frizzy and curly and i cant really brush them (im always touching my hair so...) ! terrible ! i've tried everything but i must say the only products that work are indeed "natural" oil (monoi, coconut etc.) and i also use a smoothing product by paul mitchell (or something like that?)

but really my friends call me Kramer ! o m g i hate my hair !

MP: are you saying kale and bananas are good for your hair diet-wise? coz i love bananas, and well ... in a juice with kale ... i say why not give it a try (i have a juice machine ... no comment!). how long did it take before you notice something ?

Right away, days! my skin and hair (and I think everyone's?) reflects all changes almost immediately, from sleep to diet and also the type of water I'm showering with... I eat a lot of vegetables/pasta/fish and until about 2 months ago, I started eating fruits (I hated them since always, probably because my mom hated them too and convincingly presented them as gross :lol:), I still can't really stomach the cold sweet taste unless it's in a smoothie and combined with a vegetable so that's a new addition in my life. Can I just say that when I was in your country I somehow managed to get my hair at its softest, most amazing in years?... I'm still confused on what it was, want to say it was the water (but it's just as hard in California?) or maybe all the pork, which is the only thing I rarely eat. Other than that, I was doing the same to my hair..

Embrace your curls! men curls are the best! I wish I'd go into the hassle of checking PH levels with one of those drug store tests but might be worth a shot if it's considerably dry?

I wish I'd go into the hassle of checking PH levels with one of those drug store tests but might be worth a shot if it's considerably dry?

I never thought about that ! I should check !

And I agree that the environment, maybe even the pollution, changes everything ! I know my hair were awesome when I was on vacations on the west coast not long ago ... The way they were in Middle East. In Paris, my hair arent lookin that good tbh ... In NYC too they are sh*tty. Maybe I just have hair made for a dry environment ... I'm a little bedouin. Jajaja.

I have my hair bleached and then colored with Wella Colour Touch. I would love to try Olaplex but it's not being distributed in my country yet (soon, they keep saying!).
I take care of my hair with Wella products. I wash with Colour Save and Colour Recharge Cool Blonde, and I use Repair conditioner. That conditioner has been amazing for me. Leaves my hair silky and smooth when dry. I also use the Oil Reflections oil mostly on dry hair.
Overall, it's worked out. I've managed to grow out my hair at least 15 cm since I started bleaching, but I do get breakage (it is inevitable!).

For regular store bought stuff Ive been using Redken Diamond deep conditioner late. I've also tried argan oil and Agadir oil but they kind of make my hair greasy since i dont shampoo often.

Lately I've been venturing more into natural hair care and trying to incorporate more natural ingredients into my hair care routine. I tried some of these essential oils for hair and the coconut oil one is my fave. Lots of DIY stuff and also cheaper imo.

Hair is fried right now from the balayage (only twice a year).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirrormodel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->