Caring for Damaged Hair (Colored, Bleached, Frizzy, Heat Styled)

My hair is going from bad to worse :( Even my boyfriend commented on how 'un-soft' my hair is. NOOOOOO

I take it back...the last 3 days my hair has felt a lot lot softer. I didn't wash it for 3 days...coincidence? Would washing my hair less often make a difference? I used to do it every 2-3 days but probably for the past year I've been doing it daily.

I take it back...the last 3 days my hair has felt a lot lot softer. I didn't wash it for 3 days...coincidence? Would washing my hair less often make a difference? I used to do it every 2-3 days but probably for the past year I've been doing it daily.

Dry shampoo is your hair's best friend!

If you wash your hair daily, you need to get a special shampoo for it. If you're using regular shampoo, odds are it's damaging your hair.

And yes, try washing it as little as possible. It's a tiring process going from almost daily washes to doing it once or twice in one week but it's worth it.

Plus you'll save a ton of money on shampoo!:D

^^ Yes cut back! Unless your hair is very fine and gets greasy after 1 day there is no need to wash it everyday.

milourh, I swear by the Klorane dry shampoo. Its a miracle product, I swear!

Before I tried it I had sworn off dry shampoos as they either did nothing, left product in my hair or even worse left a grey cast on my dark hair. But the Klorane does none of the above. Just makes my hair look like its just been washed and smell good as well.

^^ Yes cut back! Unless your hair is very fine and gets greasy after 1 day there is no need to wash it everyday.

milourh, I swear by the Klorane dry shampoo. Its a miracle product, I swear!

Before I tried it I had sworn off dry shampoos as they either did nothing, left product in my hair or even worse left a grey cast on my dark hair. But the Klorane does none of the above. Just makes my hair look like its just been washed and smell good as well.

I agree, that's my miracle product too! It leaves my hair all soft and bouncy.

Is there anything recommended for pre-bleaching? My hair is not the healthiest right now, but it's not horrible either. I have some split ends, but I wouldn't like to cut it just yet.

I purchased herbal essances split end shampoo and conditioner (mainly because it was on offer and I'm starting to hate tresemme) and after 2 washes my hair seems a lot softer :smile:

LOréal Professionnel ?

What about LOréal Professionnel products? Some of my friends say that they are almost as good as Kerastese (but half or even 1/3 the price) but i don't know.
Any reviews? :flower:

Does anyone have a suggestion for an oil treatment? Ive been using one from Sallys but I feel like it's really not doing anything....help!

mY hair has gone through a lot and i found the perfect range for my damages hair, REdken extreme, in a blue bottle, i use shampoo, conditioner and a leave in treatment for the same range and my hair feels better, you should try

I dont know if this is considered an oil treatment, but i truly LOVE Loreal professional mythic oil..
I bought it because my hairdresser recommended it,but to be honest i didnt beleive it was gonna do anything for my hair (very long, dark, previously blonde,very straight, greasy roots in 2-3 days)...
It truly makes my ends tidy, shiny, easier to blowdry...
And my mother(super super dry semi curly hair,greasy in 10 days) is obsessed with it, as well as my best friend(baby fine semi curly hair),and we all have very different hairtypes.
For me it works better than kerastase oleo relax which is too heavy for me.

^I used to use coconut oil on my hair and it did nothing for me! I'm definitely a minority, but it just made my hair even drier and really matted. Maybe I was just using the wrong kind? :unsure:

I used to use the Macadamia Deep Repair Masque (the one in the tube, not in the tub, I'm not sure if there's a difference), but now I'm using Lee Stafford's Argan Oil range and it's lovely. My favourite products are the oil and the mask. The mask makes my hair look amazing, so soft and nourished. And the oil really disguises my dry, damaged ends (I have ombre hair).

newin3.jpg

my pic

I love to use oil at nights to repair & hydrate. My favorites are Nuxe, Leonor Greyl's Palm Oil, argan oil and ICON's India oil. Oh, and of course Moroccanoil.

^I used to use coconut oil on my hair and it did nothing for me! I'm definitely a minority, but it just made my hair even drier and really matted. Maybe I was just using the wrong kind? :unsure:

some people say that coconut oil have done nothing to their hair.
i use coconut oil like this
View attachment 655811
ruohonjuuri.fi

i really wanna try those lee stafford products but they don´t sell them here where i live...
:doh:

^Yes, come to think of it, I actually think I was using the cooking kind! :D Too funny. No wonder it didn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no idea that Lee Stafford had an argan oil range,I am definetly going to hunt that down and buy it. I KEEP getting my hair cut and within a matter of weeks it is back to being in a horrible condition. I will try anything right now!

I have highlights so the ends of my hair are quite dry, 2 times a week. I cover my hair with extra virgin olive oil and leave it for the whole day or night then I wash with a mild shampoo, the olive oil makes wonder, leaves my hair shiny and soft. I also use Milk_Shake argan oil before blow drying and it's amazing smells so good and my hair looks very healthy and strong. If I don't hae enought time I wet my hair cover with olive oil for 30 minutes and wash the result is great too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"