Carol Christian Poell #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I especially love and admire the fact that he resists expansion, in my opinion it s the only way to keep fashion the dreamy and unexpected world it should be. All these expansions, throw the brands in such vicious cycles.:yuk:

These are only one season old.

Where did you get the photos Coldrice?

We should actually merge this with the Poell thread made earlier.

xcoldricex, a big thanks for the pictures.

Johnny said:
Thanks Scott and xcold. Will be checking his stuff out tomorrow in L'Eclairuer!

Please mind Faust's brands :flower:

i have one more picture of the jean buttons close up, i'll post it in a bit. i got them from the guy i bought the ccp shirts from on ebay. he did happen to be a ccp fan.

i cannot wait for the day (and i dread the day) i go to A. i'll be overloaded by all the things i've been waiting to see in the flesh... and i'll be quite unhappy when i see the pricetags that go along with them :P

Hey,thanks coldrice for the lovely images!

Somehow,I appreciate his work even more when the pieces are shown individually. The man is absolutely brilliant.

Yeah,perhaps the other thread should merge with this one being as this one I posted over a year ago :lol:

Johnny said:
Remind me again....

CCP (would also be very interested to see if they have the re-introduced women's collection), Carpe Diem/Linea, Ann Demeulemeester. Do they carry Dirk Schonberger?

where's the other thread please so i can merge?...

i bought that jacket style shirt in post number 5 for my friend's b-day last season...
it's knit like a t-shirt...combo sweatshirt/blazer...but the one i got was in the dark charcoal... just wonderful...i'd wear that if i was a guy...

thx for the pix coldrice...:flower:

xcoldricex said:
there was no general ccp thread that i could find so i guess i'll post these pictures here. i believe these are rather old...

What a weird Jacket Hoodie combination!
xcoldricex These are NOT that old... they are from previous season, you can tell because CCP used the silver tape as holding the seam together... that was actually a BIG NO NO for me because I am Chinese and that really stopped me buying because it is considered you are poor if you tape your cloth... that's what resisted me buying them.. otherwise I wanted so many trench jacket from him last season... :cry:

I am TRULY amazed that I get to see all these.. where did the fan get all these items? Paris or USA? I have seen the stocks in both A and Maxfield...I didn't see majority of them in both of the stores.. so my guess the fan is from outside USA?

*sigh*.. I am itching for so many of those pieces... :blush:

xcoldricex said:
i have one more picture of the jean buttons close up, i'll post it in a bit. i got them from the guy i bought the ccp shirts from on ebay. he did happen to be a ccp fan.

i cannot wait for the day (and i dread the day) i go to A. i'll be overloaded by all the things i've been waiting to see in the flesh... and i'll be quite unhappy when i see the pricetags that go along with them :P

Xcoldricex... the A boutique has very slim picking of the CCP...

In my own opinion.. I think CCP does great jacket and coat. The Pants are ok.. the leather items are just TO DIE FOR!!! Both the shoes and jackets if it is done in leather... I like a lof of CCP's accessories too... :lol: :flower:

Ionn, I should say this seems to be Poell's official photos.
You can tell from the woven plastic in the background.

He is unquestionably one of the greatest mens designers.

Ionn, I agree that the leather is to die for!
The signature long coats as well.

He honestly does everything well.

here's the close up the of the jeans. the person that sent me these doesn't have them- as raijin said, i believe they are the official photos.

i really like that piece softgrey, i wish i had someone like you as a friend that'd buy me stuff like that! haha.

i was just a bit disappointed with the watch and i'm not too keen on the horse hair trainers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Poell just officially won me over. Those pics you posted, Coldrice, are just irresistible. I'm hooked. Thx for the article, Scott, and hte pics, Coldrice. :D

Poell Denim is great as well, but hard to come by and expensive.

If I can find the white bleached pair with industrial stitching, they are mine.

Can a mod please change the title of the Carol Christian Poell S/S 05 thread to only "Carol Christian Poell" and merge this thread with it?

I believe that would be better.

At the moment we may have 3+ Poell threads.

coldrice, that piece is up on yahoo japan for around $350, maybe you should go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->