Carolyn Bessette Kennedy

She has a fantastic voice -- exactly what you'd imagine her to sound like.

^ That guy is so trashy, I heard he bad mouthed her in his book and to do that to someone who has passed on is so disrespectful. I wouldn't read that book because it's probably just fictional trash, like he is.

I read part of it; it is very strange, and he claims he wrote it as a tribute to her...I don't know how much of it is true, but it's not very flattering...and as you say, why?? :(

^ I did too. I remember when it came out. I wanted to get it for the photos they sometimes have but I didn't want to support him. He wrote that she kept botox in her freezer and did a Lohan like substance, then he claimed he thought she would have been "proud" of him for writing it!

He clearly wrote it to make some cash of a famous name. Because really, look at who he is and look at who she was.
Didn't he also claim that he was with her the entire time she was married to John?

^ Yes- he claimed she was constantly coming to him with her personal and marriage problems and for physical things...So Baywatch went off in 2001, and since then he has been doing....what? :shock:

Has anyone read Michael Bergin's book about her? :unsure:
That book is such a joke. It's written like a trashy romance novel (the kind that is sold for $5 at the train station) and just has believable.

Truly amazing how one of the most famous and photographed woman in America, who was so hunted by the paps that she spent whole weeks not daring to go outside her apartment, was able to have a hot affair with some Z-list actor without ever getting caught!

^ Sad that he would not only do this after both she and John were gone, but then claim he wrote it as a loving tribute to her...Hopefully he is working as a bartender in some crummy joint nowadays... :(

Just discovered her! I love her! She is such an inspiration for minimalism. I agree that it's the hardest style to pull off because it relies on the wearer, not the clothes.

After yippeeing that there was a thread here for CBK, I buzzed through all the pages of this topic. She definitely is a style icon!

I found this the most intriguing part of the whole thread though:

Carole Radziwill seems very nice and really painted a great portait of Carolyn and John. Especially Carolyn. She stated that Carolyn never really cared much for primping, it was really something she did when she knew she would be in front of the cameras. It is a relief in one way and a disppointment in another because you would assume that she truly always wanted to look her best all the time, but according to Carole, that just was not so. She was usually in a ponytail and a t-shirt with sweatpants and they both ate Chef Boyardee and Pop Tarts. She also never wore makeup daily. She dressed chic because she knew that she was going to be a Kennedy wife and had to put on the airs.

I find that both surprising...and yet not a revelation...at once. I think her public wardrobe was very, very chic (and definitely something not everyone could pull off) and I'm so happy that someone who clearly didn't like the spotlight still managed to dress-up for the cameras so we could all partake in the fairytale. It does disappoint me though that her look was only apparently for the cameras. She always so, so stunning. I can't imagine her slumming it in sweatpants. (My mind is exploding trying to even picture her in them. Just. not. happening.)

But, at the same time, it doesn't surprise me because I think a lot of famous people have a "public" and "private" wardrobe. Princess Grace was never photographed in jeans (to my knowledge), but her biographies mentioned she wore them around the castle all the time. While Jackie Kennedy was First Lady, she was always photographed wearing structured dresses and formal suits, but we know now that when not in public, she wore slacks and casual clothing. Princess Diana's wearing of jeans in public was considered groundbreaking because before her, the royals always got extremely (and often very formally) dressed up in public.

Am off to find the JFK, Jr. thread now.

After yippeeing that there was a thread here for CBK, I buzzed through all the pages of this topic. She definitely is a style icon!

I found this the most intriguing part of the whole thread though:

I find that both surprising...and yet not a revelation...at once. I think her public wardrobe was very, very chic (and definitely something not everyone could pull off) and I'm so happy that someone who clearly didn't like the spotlight still managed to dress-up for the cameras so we could all partake in the fairytale. It does disappoint me though that her look was only apparently for the cameras. She always so, so stunning. I can't imagine her slumming it in sweatpants. (My mind is exploding trying to even picture her in them. Just. not. happening.)

But, at the same time, it doesn't surprise me because I think a lot of famous people have a "public" and "private" wardrobe. Princess Grace was never photographed in jeans (to my knowledge), but her biographies mentioned she wore them around the castle all the time. While Jackie Kennedy was First Lady, she was always photographed wearing structured dresses and formal suits, but we know now that when not in public, she wore slacks and casual clothing. Princess Diana's wearing of jeans in public was considered groundbreaking because before her, the royals always got extremely (and often very formally) dressed up in public.

Am off to find the JFK, Jr. thread now.

I know for a fact that Carolyn didn't dress the way she did to fit into the Kennedy family. It was very much her own style and cultivated by her over a period of time. She got most of her minimilistic dress sense from working for Calvin Klein. There are many private photos of Carolyn around and she is definitely not wearing sweats, she also really liked Burger King burgers and the fries at Wendy's^_^

one of the most well dressed women in the world - she never looked like she tried too hard.

I think Carolyn was aware that as a Kennedy wife she had to dress and be a certain way. But I also agree it was her style. She was old enough to do her own thing. But like all of us. We have our public and private personas. I'm sure Carolyn was not different. I wear sweats, non matching stuff at home all the time. when I go out I put on jeans, a nice top, a bit of makeup etc.. I'm a stay at home mom. When I worked, I got even more dressed up (suit etc). I think it is the way of everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liffffff
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->