Cat Power

i saw her live a few weeks ago and it was incredible. she put on such a good performance. as for her personality (i know someone who is good friends with her) she has some mental issues and has been in/out of rehab. she doesnt handle performing live well... i think thats why this last tour was sooo short.

chan marshall aka cat power

Great picture of chan by Avedon

catpower_full.jpg

source: richardavedon.com

IMG_1379catpower.JPG

here with devendra banhart (worlds-fair.net)

Cat_Power.jpg

(www.variety-playhouse.com)

smoking_cat_power.jpg

(blog13.fc2.com)

Yay a Chan thread finally! :heart:
I love her!

Please, try using the search feature before starting a new thread. :flower:

This girl is sooo pretty, is not fair!!:D her music always takes me to another place...

I think she's amazing.

saw her live in April 2005 & it was great, it was in this small old theatre and it was sooo spooky.

Wow I never knew about that guy with the gun!
Any wonder she flipped out!
Thanks for the article maghy7 :flower:

sasscam said:
Wow I never knew about that guy with the gun!
Any wonder she flipped out!
Thanks for the article maghy7 :flower:

Your welcome, I had no idea either until I read that article, pretty scary stuff.:shock:

Going to see her September 1 at the Boulder Theater!!! I'm so exited :D

^ She looks so different from picture-to-picture to me. I never would've recognised that as her!

I really didn't know that Cat Power was so well known that she would have her own thread. I've been listening to her for a while now, not religiously or anything, but I've known about her for a while... Had no idea that she had mental issues, though. :shock:

So went to see her last night, the concert was great, she performed for 3 hours! :shock: from 9:30 - 12:30, the first hour was miserable in the sense that she wasn't happy with the sound, her voice, the fact that was suffering from PMS (said by her), it was kind of getting on my nerves for a while, she kept interrupting the songs and telling her staff to correct the sound the microphone etc, she even said that this show was a perfect example of the type of show that she hates and just feels like killing her self backstage, OK??? for a moment I really thought she was going to leave the stage, she left for a few seconds, said that couldn't concentrate, told a girl behind me, shut the F%$# up!:lol: (she was really anoying).

She then performed for a little while none stop and said, ok I feel much better now, this is great, so she continued to play for almost two hours without interruption, she even said that she was happy and was going to continue until 4:am! lol I was almost falling sleep in the middle of a batch of songs on the piano, it was dark, the music so soothing adding the fact that I woke up at 4:00 in the morning that day, didn't fall sleep thanks to her switching to the guitar and then she just stopped playing and started talking to us for about half an hour, just talking about her life, a few friends, how much life has changed her, how much she likes to smoke now, how she likes to pick her butt :lol: and a few crazy things that didn't make sense.

Overall I loved it! and even more when she just decided to talk about her life, it felt so intimate, I was sitting right in front of her and she kept making eye contact, it felt like a friend was playing songs in your living room, what a great experience this has been.:heart:

i went to see her last night...
she performed VERY WELL. and stayed strong too! from 10:50 to 1:00
didn't play my favourite song "crossbones style"...she said she forgot how to play it.
anyways, her voice is beautiful and she sounds excellent live. you might think you're listening to a digitally remastered record.

and NO freakouts. didn't walk out or anything....the only glitches were the two times she called security. once, because she saw a creepy guy backstage, and for the second time when a girl in the audience fainted.

and not to mention she's a very beautiful woman.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->