Cate Blanchett to play Bob Dylan in biopic

Mink said:
Come on, guys, Cate NEVER messes something up. She'll do great.
true. im confused, cate is not actually playing a man but part of their personality?

Yes, the character is based aspects of Dylan's personality but is not meant to be Bob Dylan.

brokenenglish said:
This sounds much more interesting than your run of the mill bio pic...
and if anyone can pull this off it's Cate Blanchett.

Why should she have to look like Dylan at all? She's not playing him, it's an aspect of his personality.

and Julianne Moore needs to start being in good films again. Yay!

I love Julianne Moore. All of her independent movies are good/great, but her studio movies SUCK!!! So do what I do, don't watch her movies that are advertised on TV.

Cate is just a goddess, so elegant and decent seeming. She can play anyone for all I care.

CateBlanchett_150.jpg

http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=224133

She is so gorgeous

VainJane said:
Cate's Australian?! I thought she was English! Wow, she's good at faking accents. Love Cate; she was so pretty in Elizabeth:blush:

Looks like they have a stellar cast (how many award nominated/winning stars can you spot in that article?) for the Dylan bio....but IMO looks like they're trying a little too hard to get the same success as the Johnny Cash movie.

Sidenote: Velvet Goldmine was about David Bowie?? What the--?

Pretty in Elizabeth?? Really? Although I think Cate is spectacular - I would not say the same about Elizabeth I. haha:flower:

Cate's great! Who's going to play the born-again Christian, "Blood on the Tracks"-era segment of Bob's psyche, I wonder? I nominate, um, Bobcat Goldthwait.

I cant wait for this movie-it sounds awesome!I love Velvet Goldmine/I'm sure this idea is going to work.....and Dylan is so Fascinating!!!!!

little tiny that is the cutest username ever

I love Cate Blanchett, she is talented, smart and an excellent actress.

I think she'll be able to play him.

want.2B.bones said:
I love Julianne Moore. All of her independent movies are good/great, but her studio movies SUCK!!! So do what I do, don't watch her movies that are advertised on TV.

Her studio movies do usually suck, and she has been doing alot lately...

Has she ever worked with Cate before?

Well well I do remember hearing a little of this project awhile ago, and, knowing nothing about the director or cast, thinking it might prove either a disaster or a wild success. Or something mildly in-between. But Cate Blanchett, now, I'm definitely willing to recount the positives...

THANK YOU BRIAN,Little Tiny is from Hans Christian Andersens fairy tales-beter known as Thumbalina-its my real nickname.......
This is definetly the movie I cant wait for now-forget the Edie Sedgwick movie Factory Girl!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anybody know if Charlotte Gainsbourg's role is small or large? Or is any of the actual aspects going to be lengthy??

^I was wondering the same thing..... I adore Charlotte Gainsbourg (EVERYONE must go see Lemming!)

Filming of the movie starts in Montreal this week! :woot:

Bob Dylan knows about his and has approved. I hope that he'll visit the set in Montreal and I will get to see him. :wub:

susie_bubble said:
^I actually don't think this is the same kind of biopic that Walk the Line was.....this sounds more experimental and conceptual - not just a straightforward bio pic.

Yeah, this is by the director of 'Velvet Goldmine,' which was hardly a factual account of the life of David Bowie. It was hella good though :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->