Cate Blanchett to play Bob Dylan in biopic

The director being who it is IS what is leading me to believe that this will be a worthwhile film......and Dylan is so mysterious-it sounds perfect but I'm not sure about some other names who were mentioned as of being in it-mainly Richard Gere,can't imagine who he may be-Dylan's old manager Grossman?

susie_bubble said:
^I was wondering the same thing..... I adore Charlotte Gainsbourg (EVERYONE must go see Lemming!)
I didn't think that was a good film, although I did indeed like her in it.

Anyway, I was sure I knew about Cate and this so long ago. In fact I've told people who won't believe me. :lol:
anyway, glad to see I didn't just imagine it! I'm sure she will pull whatever off...

I LOVE Dylan! :blush:
I actually think that Cate could pull it off.
They do look somewhat alike. I think it will be interesting to see what other six actors are portraying him.

Last edited by a moderator:
imnottherebig.jpg

image: photobucket.

amazing. i hear that this bob dylan has an affair with Coco Rivington. played by Michelle Williams. should be interesting...

^ Oh wow, she looks like Bob Dylan alright :shock: I'm so excited :woot:!

Regarding that Coco character, isn't she supposed to be Edie? And I thought Dylan rebuffed all the rumors about their alleged affair.

That is friggin insane! I plan to have sex with Bob Dylan next month when he is gigging in town so I'll be able to tell you guys how well Cate and co portray him.

I think I am in love with Cate Blanchette in that photo. Does that make me a lesbian? The modern world is very confusing. Oh for tea cosies and victorian dish cloths.

SiennaInLondon said:
I think I am in love with Cate Blanchette in that photo. Does that make me a lesbian? The modern world is very confusing. Oh for tea cosies and victorian dish cloths.

oooo im in love with cate blanchett regardless of the dylan outfit but it works too!
and to add more confusion to you sienna. from all i've read the victorian era seems a little bit more blushworthy as far as womens sexual escapades are concerned. it's just they were more discreet. and discretion is always better.

Dylan. said:
oooo im in love with cate blanchett regardless of the dylan outfit but it works too!
and to add more confusion to you sienna. from all i've read the victorian era seems a little bit more blushworthy as far as womens sexual escapades are concerned. it's just they were more discreet. and discretion is always better.

I guess I am always in love with Cate too. I convinced myself years ago that it was Joseph Fiennes in Elizabeth that got me hot but I think it was her too...

I am not sure it is better. I think it is kinkier for sure. Like in Japan. But I like the liberalism of the modern and even the mediaeval era. The Victorian era was odd.

SiennaInLondon said:
That is friggin insane! I plan to have sex with Bob Dylan next month when he is gigging in town so I'll be able to tell you guys how well Cate and co portray him.

lmao! :lol:

I adore Cate. She's the best actress right now by a long shot in my opinion.

Anyone heard the release date for this film?
-and yes,quite the HOT picture above,wow!!!!

Is that Cate in the last picture picture above? So when does this movie come out?

Cate is a great actress. She's the only actress I like.

wow, i can't wait to see this.
velvet is one of my fave film about music industry... and the soundtrack are great too.

Wow, Cate bears an uncanny resemblance to Bob in that picture Dylan. posted! :shock: I think Cate's a great actress and I'm interested in seeing her portrayal.

So awesome. I've always wanted to see a woman doing a man on film, and vice versa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eyl278
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->