Celebrity Hair (Styles, Cuts, Color and Care) tips

Browneyes said:
Nice thread :smile: and I don't want to sound pessimistic, but...
Sunday I spoke to someone who works as a PR for a big cosmetics company (one of the very huge players in the industry), and during the course of our conversation she said that more often than not, the celebrities make-up and skincare tips in magazines etc. are really written (i.e. invented) by someone else. For instance, if the celebrity is a spokesperson for L'Oreal/Revlon/Estee Lauder, the person writing the little piece on what skincare they use, will just put in a few products from that brand, and then add a couple of others for interest. Maybe some of the other things will really be confirmed that the celebrity uses, but most often, it's just stuff that someone else writes.
That being said, this probably does not always happen, and if the tips are part of an interview with the celebrity, then it probably is legit.
Anyways we just have to find out what work for us individually right?
Maybe such tips from less high-profile people or from models are more reliable, although I really wouldn't know.

Thanks for sharing that. I always notice that celebs mention the products they endorse (I guess they are sort of obligated!). For example, in this month's In Style, Molly Sims is interviewed in the beauty section and she mentions that she uses various Cover Girl products. I just think, "Oh sure...they PAY you to say that!". Still, I cannot get enough of reading what they supposedly like to use. :lol:

By the way, according to In Style this month, Molly Sims uses:

1. Jasmine shampoo and conditioner from Oscar Blandi
  2. Creme de la Mer Lifting Face Serum
  3. Dove Moisturizing Body Wash (this stuff is great)
  4. Natura Bisse Barcelona Diamond cream
  5. Olay Regenerist lotion

Yea I agree sometimes it does come across as they have been paid to say that, but I pay most attention when they're quoted to have mentioned a product which they don't endorse.

^Agreed.

Chances are, you can believe most of the products are used by celebs. Even if they are spokespeople for the line, they do have their favorite products from the line.

I worked for a magazine in the past and we wouldn't dream of making up product recs and attributing them to a celebrity without his/her confirming they use the product.

Pegged Wrong said:
^Agreed.

Chances are, you can believe most of the products are used by celebs. Even if they are spokespeople for the line, they do have their favorite products from the line.

I worked for a magazine in the past and we wouldn't dream of making up product recs and attributing them to a celebrity without his/her confirming they use the product.

There was an example with Catherine Zeta Jones who was quoted by the french brand "Caudalie",for using their products,CZJ assigned them in justice for using her name for their publicity,without her permission,also,she didn't cofirmed the talks of the french brand if she really uses their products.

Jennifer Lopez uses Creme De La Mer Eye Cream on her face and Creme De La Mer Face Cream on her body. :shock:

She also loves Barielle Total Foot Care Cream and Lancôme Juicy Tubes in 'Spring Fling'.

I just love Natalia's hair on this pic. This is very simple haircut, but she looks so amazing.
a21fa.jpg

[bellazon original source is wireimage]

kasik6 said:
I just love Natalia's hair on this pic. This is very simple haircut, but she looks so amazing.

You´re so right. It´s simple but she makes it look young and modern.

I used to have my hair like that but i'm growing it now. Looking at the picture reminds me of it and how bouncy soft it was and managable.^_^

Yes, it's so cute and versatile. But I don't know if I wouldn't look a little boring in this haircut. I really love this look, but you know-it's Natalia Vodiana:rolleyes:
I'll post more pics-but now I have to go to bed. It's definitely too late for me..

Alessandra Ambrosios hair in that pic posted. Very long and straight.
Jen Aniston's hair in the 6th season in Friends. Supershiny, long, straight.

More Natalia..^_^
bbb3wm.jpg
kl9ux.jpg

nana12qk.jpg
nnnn2tm.jpg

wireimage

Last edited by a moderator:
i like charlize theron's black hair angled bob, sort of like aeon flux without those "feelers" in the front. am looking for pics but so far no luck, anyone?

^I was looking for some pics but I've only found those from the movie, with "feelers":D
Don't you think that simpler version of this haircut is something in Cameron's Russell style?
camerondarkhair0ci.jpg

models

Ohhh, you have to be lucky to have this hair colour. I love Julia's hair. They naturally blonde, but from what I know, she dyes it to emphasize her natural colour.:rolleyes:

Kasik and Kate those pictures are GREAT!!!!!!!! I LOVE Julia's hair, and natalias new haircut is so cute as well.

I didnt post pics btw. If you want me to I can look them up though :wink:

Ok, so I'm in love with Cameron's haircut^_^
I really like how versatile it can be.:heart:

00180m3xt.jpg
200509272005101617217nk.jpg

dsc0744copy6ig.jpg
wftforumde0gl.jpg

stuartbtys60077pt.jpg

style, fashionstock, firstview

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics