Celine Dion's fear of germs

Heroin_Chic

Reaction score
Celine Dion's germ fears

celine-dion.jpg
Celine Dion rarely goes out in public - because she is terrified fans will make her sick.
The singer has confessed she doesn't leave her Las Vegas hotel while performing her long-running concert series at Caesar's Palace in case she catches germs from well-wishers. .
She is quoted in Britain's Independent on Sunday Review magazine as saying: "Because of air-conditioning, meeting a lot of people, shaking hands - there's more chances to get sick".
Meanwhile, Celine has a tape recorder in her dressing room - so she can hear her son, Rene Charles, whenever she wants. At the push of a button, a tape plays her little boy saying, 'Hi Mom!'.

Source: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/70912004.htm

Wacko...:wacko:

Didnt Victoria beckham worry about germs on bank notes which is why she uses credit cards?

While I can understand where she's coming from (just think of all the people who do not washt heir hands... :sick:), it seems pretty darn confining...

I don't think that's true... I met her once and she was very nice to her fans... Giving hugs and kisses to everyone. Maybe when on tour, she's more careful, but to that extreme? :huh:

This doesn't seem too nuts to me ... look at everything opera singers do to protect their voices ... Celine follows that same kinda routine I believe & this is just a bit of an extension of that. You do get sick from exposure to other people ... just my office of 50 people passes things around ... so it is an increased risk when you're performing in a room with thousands of people on almost a daily basis. And it's true, germs are transmitted via hands.

I belive that's called hypochondria Celine....

You could always do what Jacko did and wear a surgical mask and gloves.

fashionista-ta said:
This doesn't seem too nuts to me ... look at everything opera singers do to protect their voices ... Celine follows that same kinda routine I believe & this is just a bit of an extension of that. You do get sick from exposure to other people ... just my office of 50 people passes things around ... so it is an increased risk when you're performing in a room with thousands of people on almost a daily basis. And it's true, germs are transmitted via hands.

This is true, not extreme at all, and most singers would do this. A cold could cancel your career. Yes, it's confining, but I hope people understand that that's what it means to be a singer: it's that much hard work. It shows courage and discipline...as well as respect for her fans. I'm sure she meets fans when she doesn't have performances; a tour is really such a physically and vocally demanding thing to do, so it's only natural. Meeting groups of fans involves not only germs but talking, dust and fatigue, all of which are detrimental to vocal cords.

:flower:

I think Celine's vegas deal is giving her about 10 million a year for 5 or 6 years. That is a crazy amount of money. I don't blame her for not wanting to get sick and miss days of work. One day is worth about 30,000$ :lol:

CelineChic said:
I think Celine's vegas deal is giving her about 10 million a year for 5 or 6 years. That is a crazy amount of money. I don't blame her for not wanting to get sick and miss days of work. One day is worth about 30,000$ :lol:

I was about to say the same thing :smile: You beat me to it! :lol:

Erin said:
While I can understand where she's coming from (just think of all the people who do not washt heir hands... :sick:), it seems pretty darn confining...

Exactly! I'm terribly neurotic when it comes to germs for that very reason; it’s not to the point of being a pathology, but it is a concern for me :unsure:

^ Me too.

How many times have you gone to a public restroom and seen someone walk out without washing their hands?

Too many, and I don't even use public restrooms!

My friend has been sick for a couple of days now and won't go to the doctor. Makes me so mad. It's like "Great, just continue to infect everyone else, no big deal."

Last edited by a moderator:
She has all the qualitiies of a germ in my book: annoying, hard to get rid of but in the ultimate scale of things, utterly miniscule.

That was my bitchiness out for the day!

Remember: the less expose you have to germs the more likely you`ll get sick!

The Immune-Systems builds up defense and naturally adjusts!

What about Doctors or all of us Students that get coughed/sneezed on at University/School on a daily basis!? Do we get sick of that? NO!

Heroin_Chic said:
Remember: the less expose you have to germs the more likely you`ll get sick!

The Immune-Systems builds up defense and naturally adjusts!

What about Doctors or all of us Students that get coughed/sneezed on at University/School on a daily basis!? Do we get sick of that? NO!

Yes.

That is where the most common illnesses are obtained.

I got pink eye from a kid in 2nd grade, laryngitisis from a breakout of whopping cough,(yes ladies and gentlemen, WHOPPING COUGH) that somehow spread throughout my entire high school, not to mention the countless colds and flus that college students seem to like to pass around (usually around the time of finals).Immunity won't shield you from all illnesses.

I don't think there's anything wrong with people taking an extra precaution to protect themselves from being sick.

SiennaInLondon said:
She has all the qualitiies of a germ in my book: annoying, hard to get rid of but in the ultimate scale of things, utterly miniscule.

That was my bitchiness out for the day!

...as she probably made about 2,000$ just in the amount of time it took you to type that out. :lol:

(yes ladies and gentlemen, WHOPPING COUGH)

Hahaha, hello early 1900's! :woot:

At least it wasn't the Plague :lol: (THAT would be funny...well, actually more scary...but still a bit funny)

I can understand singers being like that when they're on tour...I mean, they meet all these people, they probably don't eat as healthy, they're stuck in cramped buses, etc. etc. it's a major strain in the body....

But all she does is sing and then go back to her room.....:blink:

Like HeroinChic said, the more you alienate yourself from the germs, the weaker the immune system becomes.

I can't resist... the whopping cough comments... :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->