Celine S/S 2025 Paris

Seeing the "Couture" tags on the hangers makes me think that most of the pieces from this collection are probably going to be custom-made. Or maybe they’re gearing up to finally introduce a full Couture collection for real this time.

Finally some bags without that large Triomphe hardware, which I always found too big and too flashy.

Seeing the "Couture" tags on the hangers makes me think that most of the pieces from this collection are probably going to be custom-made. Or maybe they’re gearing up to finally introduce a full Couture collection for real this time.

The two sculptural black dresses that are unadorned except for the little bows are the best pieces from the collection - Noone can say he didn't design!

What I love about those two dresses is that they are very timelessly beautiful - You could pull them out from a closet in 25 years and I’m sure they would still exude the same modernity as anything Cristobal would have designed towards the end of his career.

Beautiful embellishment, Mister SLIMANE
rihanna-impressed.gif

Tbh im on a ANYONE BUT HEDI SLIMANE.
Agreed.

Chanel is not Celine. It's not a YSL suddenly cleaved from its beauty division. Chanel is a cosmetics and skincare behemoth than just happens to sell accessories — and a few clothes on the side. Hedi Slimane is a raging narcissist who makes the likes of John Galliano seem like a mendicant priest by comparison. Would a company that has so carefully nurtured its image over eight decades-plus let Slimane waltz in and change its name, its perfumes, impose a menswear division, and make all of its boutiques look identical to two others just a few doors down the street, and at a very steep remodeling price? All just so, after a few years, he can go somewhere else once he gets bored and do the same thing there? The choice seems nothing less than suicidal for a company like Chanel.

Could Hedi go back to Dior, instead of Chanel... if MCG leaves? Has this been theorized yet? That would make about 1000X more sense to me than him going to Chanel.

(Also, I feel like Chanel's clientele is too diverse (physically/age-wise) for Hedi to deal with/design for.)

Agreed.

Chanel is not Celine. It's not a YSL suddenly cleaved from its beauty division. Chanel is a cosmetics and skincare behemoth than just happens to sell accessories — and a few clothes on the side. Hedi Slimane is a raging narcissist who makes the likes of John Galliano seem like a mendicant priest by comparison. Would a company that has so carefully nurtured its image over eight decades-plus let Slimane waltz in and change its name, its perfumes, impose a menswear division, and make all of its boutiques look identical to two others just a few doors down the street, and at a very steep remodeling price? All just so, after a few years, he can go somewhere else once he gets bored and do the same thing there? The choice seems nothing less than suicidal for a company like Chanel.
Chanel fashion is totally detached from all the others entities actually.
It is a financial powerhouse on it own.
Fashion has a halo effect on the others entities but essentially, the creative director of Chanel is only handling fashion.

For years, an already under Karl, I’ve heard that it was very very very big. And Karl made it big because the success of fashion was a power play too.

But yes, Chanel wouldn’t be an interesting project for him. And Hedi does not have a great track record in terms of longevity. This is a house that had the same creative director for 36 years, that had as replacement someone who was there for 30 years and that is now designed by the team who has been there for more than a decade.

Hedi has never lasted more than 7 years anywhere he went.

Could Hedi go back to Dior, instead of Chanel... if MCG leaves? Has this been theorized yet? That would make about 1000X more sense to me than him going to Chanel.

(Also, I feel like Chanel's clientele is too diverse (physically/age-wise) for Hedi to deal with/design for.)
I'd pay real money to see Slimane dealing with the septuagenarian society ladies from Houston who fly into Paris twice a year to get their couture at Chanel.

Chanel fashion is totally detached from all the others entities actually.
It is a financial powerhouse on it own.
Fashion has a halo effect on the others entities but essentially, the creative director of Chanel is only handling fashion.

For years, an already under Karl, I’ve heard that it was very very very big. And Karl made it big because the success of fashion was a power play too.

But yes, Chanel wouldn’t be an interesting project for him. And Hedi does not have a great track record in terms of longevity. This is a house that had the same creative director for 36 years, that had as replacement someone who was there for 30 years and that is now designed by the team who has been there for more than a decade.

Hedi has never lasted more than 7 years anywhere he went.
And Slimane would not be content to let fragrance be on its own island. (YSL had no fragrances thanks to a very stupid decision by Kering, but at Dior Homme and now Celine, he has been very personally involved in fragrance development.) He would not be content just to design clothes that are shown in stores designed by someone at corporate headquarters. He would not let a marketing team oversee advertisements. Lagerfeld understood he was a cog in a massive machine — a very important cog, to be sure, but just one of many. Slimane believes he is the entire machine itself.

60s Chanel with 60s Balenciaga. Retro reproductions. Beautiful? Yes (the Balenciaga rip-offs only). Interesting from a design point of view? Big nope!

Hedi is a director...but creative my a.ss!

Hedi's vision would without question be diluted doing eight collections a year. He may have access to LA's finest coke dealers, but his days still only have 24 hours. Even if he somehow had, on paper, the kind of creative control he has at Celine, he would need to delegate a lot more of the photography, styling, casting, video editing... and that would show.

Hedi's vision would without question be diluted doing eight collections a year. He may have access to LA's finest coke dealers, but his days still only have 24 hours. Even if he somehow had, on paper, the kind of creative control he has at Celine, he would need to delegate a lot more of the photography, styling, casting, video editing... and that would show.
Ahaha im framing this post on my bedroom wall!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hopsfie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->