Chanel F/W 2023.24 Paris

the lighting of the show and make up on the models faces makes half the casting look tired and old..
is Virginie even looking at what she is doing?

wildly incoherent!

not to mention those meringues ^_^ which i guess are supposed to be coco chanel's trademark white camellia

I've got a question - what EXACTLY did she do while Karl Lagerfeld was at the helm? Was she his creative right hand or an operational one? Gotta say, I was not always a big fan of Karl's work closer to the end of his tenure (maybe because he was ill, his involvement was lesser, no idea) But how come she didn't learn anything from him.

Personally, I saw the opening look and I was ...ok...that's ok. And then started to lose it after look 3...

I've got a question - what EXACTLY did she do while Karl Lagerfeld was at the helm? Was she his creative right hand or an operational one? Gotta say, I was not always a big fan of Karl's work closer to the end of his tenure (maybe because he was ill, his involvement was lesser, no idea) But how come she didn't learn anything from him.

Personally, I saw the opening look and I was ...ok...that's ok. And then started to lose it after look 3...

I mean she helped him select the fabrics, she made suggestions, she interacted with the Ateliers and followed the on going flow of the collection…
When Karl was doing his interviews or his various projects and all, she handled everything at Chanel.

And she designed, under the supervision of Karl, the Act1 collections.
Some people are great assistants or have a great eye but aren’t necessarily gifted themselves…She is one of those.

And to think that this was the same company that produced Dries' spectacle.
Not really. Stefan Lubrina does the sets. Under Karl (and I suppose it’s the same with Virginie), Karl shared an idea and Lubrina interpreted it and executed it. Russo only choreograph the whole thing, play with the lights and everything. But pure set is Lubrina and he did them already in the 90´s.

This really isn't that bad. Sure there are some questionable looks, and the styling could have been tweaked, but overall the clothes themselves are still better than the worst of Karl's collections ie. the supermarket, the airport, etc etc.

Who is styling Chanel collections these days anyway? There was a rumour flying around that Emmanuelle Alt was going to do it, whatever happened to that?

Can someone with insight into how actual clothing is made explain how Karl was able to design clothes that didn't look like they weighed 100lbs, yet Virginie can't? I wouldn't expect her to have the same creativity, but why does everything she does always look soooooooo heavy? Seriously, what is going on? I don't get it! What is going on at a technical level here?

I am not sure if she was inspired by camelias...or she was smoking them.
In any case, people will swallow it all, as long as is Chanel (and there are enough logos to prove it).

We have reach a point where Virginie and Mary Grace are interchangeable. Next season Mary could make the collection for Chanel; and Virginie make the one for Dior...and there wouldn´t be much difference. Both would look as dull and unflattering as usual.

I like look 29, it moved beautifully in the videos - also 61.

Her problem is that there is not enough silhouette. It's not tight nor loose, it's not mini nor elongated. She plays it extremely safe with the fit, often resulting in garments that look a touch too big and like they were constructed on an average-size fitting model. Combined with that, her dull, basic colour palettes and rather traditional textures and weaves do nothing to elevate it. It just looks like vintage Chanel from the 1970s or 80s, when every fabrication and construction was heavier compared to the ones from today.
Looking at that Chanel show from 20 years ago, it is clear which one feels more thought-out and inspired, and as a result feels more relevant and fitting to our times despite being 20 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->