Chanel Haute Couture F/W 2024.25 Paris

So is Viard part of this? I love all the cape things, high necks, puff sleeves even the pyjama bloomers, very Karl's Victorian rococo Coco
All you need is a horse carriage and a chauffeur to complete the scene
I am getting Marie Antoinette sneaking into a Paris masked ball, Interview with the Vampire vibe here
That look on Sara Grace is amazing, a dress turns into a cape

Last edited:
I see a whole lot of strained and over worked fabric here. The addition of the vinyl was also a vile choice.

I am taken by look 19. Don't know why, but pop on sleeker pump or sling back and something about it could work. Maybe it's the shoulders. The rest is just there. There and confused as to what kind of silhouette story it is trying to tell, but thankfully the amount of looks aren't too many so the confusion is short lived.

This is actually quite beautiful, minus a a few looks. It feels very French, opulent, and very Haute Couture in a way that was missing from Dior for example.

And thankfully this was not olympics inspired. I'm still traumatised by that Vogue World thing LOL.

I mean the collection was mostly designed by Virginie anyway. It has that very passé feel to it.
It’s better, particularly the capes and the drama of the Opera but the whole collection, concept and showing at the Opera was decided by Virginie.

So the fact that they decided to credit the Studio means that it was an abrupt departure and not something planned.

So, I suppose they will wait to name a successor and they probably don’t have anybody at the moment.

damn this is such a dignified collection. they can definitely survive without a CD. just call Alt for consulting and that’s it!
who says VV was not working on it before she left lol ......you don't sneeze a HC collection in 2 weeks pls no ALT ...even i its not so bad the collection it does miss a soul ...design team collections always end up being just soules (not saying VV version was the James Brown of fashion either)

Of course Viard worked on this because there's no way an haute couture collection would be made in a few weeks and you can see her brand of frumpiness. However the studio must have fixed the proportions and the presentation seems better. I absolutely do think Chanel needs a creative director, though.

If thats VV farewell (even unintentional) then finally something that doesn’t turn your stomach over tho this bridal dress is hellish. There are great looks and clearly proportions are much much better. I think they took her concept and just fixed otherwise overlooked bits and pieces.

Let’s see what’s next for the brand…

Seeing how different this collection is from Virad's usual tricks, I have a hunch that the studio decided to make radical changes to the designs after she left. The proportions, though matronly, are actually on point and the the shoulders and waistline fall perfectly.

Also, props to Etienne Russo for that trick with the microphone on the bride's footsteps.

This show really felt like a proper goodbye. Not just from Viard, but from 2nd Gen Chanel as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Forum Statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ARNOLDSILVERBOLT
    Back
    monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
    <-- Admiral -->