Chanel Haute Couture S/S 05 Paris

liberty33r1b said:
thanks for this very interesting article!
it makes me feel so much more respect for all couture pieces....

What part of Manchester do you hail from ? :flower:

I can probably see you from this hill above Stalybridge !!! :innocent:

hi neighbour!!
I'm sitting here in Fallowfield.....nice part, no?
so strange our ways haven't crossed before here.....it's really a big forum, no less....:D

kit that is a great article about how couture is made and about all the rare feathers, etc...
thanks so much for posting...a rare look behind the scenes of the couture process...
really a special little world unto itself...how wonderful would it be to take a tour of all those workshops to se those incredible artisans at their craft...???

:clap:

Kit, thank you so much for posting that incredible article. :flower: I have always wondered what goes on behind the scenes of couture.

Great article, thanks Kit!! It really makes one wonder how/if these skills are being passed to apprentices. :unsure:

Chanel inevitabely produces designs in the same scheme of things. Nothing ever changes at this house.

And some of it reminds me of Lagerfeld for Chloe circa the 70's.

here's another review of the collection, from style.com:

PARIS, Januar 25, 2005 – The marvel of Chanel haute couture is how Karl Lagerfeld can make it hover lightly over all the most interesting emerging trends without losing the house identity for a second. For spring, he touched on flowers (naming the collection French Garden), cross-pollinated them with references to the eighteenth century (upon which he is an authority), and breezed through fashion's current preoccupations with airiness and volume.

If that sounds complicated, no need to worry. To begin with, Lagerfeld infused air and youth into the hardy perennial Chanel tweed suit by making the skirt blossom into a dirndl and shrinking the boxy jacket above. Chanel's marvelous petits mains and embroiderers did the rest by dissolving the potentially heavy house fabric into miraculously weightless surfaces.

The romance of the eighteenth century is on the Parisian radar (Sofia Coppola's Marie-Antoinette is about to begin filming here, after all), and Lagerfeld homed in on the mood with tulle blouses featuring poet sleeves, as well as a sprinkling of silhouettes that evoked the sway-backed rococo volumes of dresses painted by Jean-Antoine Watteau. One sleeveless gold brocade dress came with a cape draped from the shoulder; a gray tweed coat, fitted neatly in front, had an elegant swing in back; and a pristine white organza ball gown echoed the same dramatic line. Still, this was no history lesson. This season, the collection seemed designed for a rather important upcoming date: the opening of the Chanel retrospective in New York in May, when the rococo-Coco dresses and all their pretty relations will be photographed in full bloom, tripping up the steps of the Metropolitan Museum en masse.

– Sarah Mower

OMG,thank you sooo much! how did you get all the HQ!!
by the way do you have the video by any chance??

this collection is breath-taking,so amazing~hope karl can creat a HC of the same style again

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blipster
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->