Chanel Homme

Was watching an old tape of shows today and the SS05 "Red Carpet" collection and they had a few male models on the runway, one in a fabulous tweed. It made my temporary obsession return with owning a light tweed jacket and thought of this thread.

I'm going to the Beverly Hills boutique and see if they can help me out. I doubt they transfer between stores though since its not an established collection is it? What are the chances of seeing this menswear if its not advertised? :(

Im sure they can do something for you.

Id love a classic tweed jacket in all black, that would be to die for. Id wear it constantly, with jeans and a white buttondown for evening, with jeans and a tee for daywear. It would be worth the money in my opinion.

Tell us how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miss Galliano said:
wow chanel for homme .. great man

:lol::lol::flower:

Thats what im saying, but where are the fashions? The pieces? Thats what im waiting for.:angry: I want one of those tweeds badly.

Crakk said:
:lol::lol::flower:

Thats what im saying, but where are the fashions? The pieces? Thats what im waiting for.:angry: I want one of those tweeds badly.

What do you mean? Some (if not all) of it is shown with the women's collection.

ilaughead said:
What do you mean? Some (if not all) of it is shown with the women's collection.

AGGH, was that all? He only showed at most 6 pieces, im expecting a line equivocal to Dior Homme, i guess, in terms of amount of pieces that is.:lol:

^Yeah, it's tiny, but it has been getting larger and larger the past few seasons!

you say it's like womenswear only made for a much larger women
how come when brad kroenig wears it, it's not so bad/obvious? :ninja: i think it would show up on any man, model or not. maybe you need to be a larger kind of guy to wear it

I am a larger kind of guy...I normally take a 50 - 52eu which is like being a giant in fashioin. It just didn't fit right. Well, Brad is wearing the samples, which I wouldnt be surprised are actually tailored for the model...Also, he's Karls boytoy so if he looked bad in Chanel, how would that look?

??? miss galliano ??? what is your question

diorling, i understand. so awful to trick your customers :ninja: i like the look brad was wearing last year--the collection with the james dean theme and he had the straw hat and vest. looks pretty easy to wear :P i think there was also a guy in the fall season with a robe-like coat, kind of looked like chainmail, which was nice

Yea, Im still very interested in Chanel Homme and I did love that tweed jacket but 5.5k for something Im not completely enamored with is unjusitfiable, even by my very low standards.

i will not eat for however long so i can save the extra money to get a tweed. are they generally in the 4-5 k range then? i can justify spending that much because it would be such a staple of my collection and i'd incorporate it on a daily basis until i could get another one.

i called the Beverly Hills boutique and am hoping there's a man that works there that can help me because I cant stand the woman I talked with. i just need to meet with Karl directly. :lol:

Yea, 4 - 5k. I agree with you completely, Ill drop that kind of cash when I find the perfect jacket.

Diorling said:
SO disappointed w/ Chanel Homme, I used to think it was SO COOL but now I realize it's just...womenswear in bigger sizes.
isn't that what i've been saying from the beginning?
and it is true.

luna minor said:
i just need to meet with Karl directly. :lol:

Yes, let's send a message- Karl, I know that you're reading this...If you could put together a line of men's items, you could complete your take over of the entire world!! Shoes, including dress shoes, wallets and man bags, socks and shirts, business suits!! Imagine Tom Ford Gucci caliber men's suits!! You could charge $5k a pop and the Wall St crowd would line up around the block!! And fit- it's key to all of us...Coco's whole reputation was built on fit and comfort- It's your turn now, big guy!! Thanks for listening, we shall await your response....I'll be down at the bank arranging a line of credit just in case all of this comes to pass...!! :woot:

Boomer said:
Yes, let's send a message- Karl, I know that you're reading this...If you could put together a line of men's items, you could complete your take over of the entire world!! Shoes, including dress shoes, wallets and man bags, socks and shirts, business suits!! Imagine Tom Ford Gucci caliber men's suits!! You could charge $5k a pop and the Wall St crowd would line up around the block!! And fit- it's key to all of us...Coco's whole reputation was built on fit and comfort- It's your turn now, big guy!! Thanks for listening, we shall await your response....I'll be down at the bank arranging a line of credit just in case all of this comes to pass...!! :woot:

That is genius if the label took off like that, it be great only thing is, me an most likely wall street types is the whole chanel name im sure the uppereast side princess wives would buy it for their husbands but im sure they would have some male hesistation with the ultra feminine chanel image attached. But dont get me wrong if it blew up like that i would to buy chanel suits,etc as long as they were real man cuts/styling

i'd say from the looks of it and from the members' descriptions, the pieces are relatively feminine in terms of cuts and design. armani and the like does 'real man cuts' ... anyway, i might as well covet the chanel femme tweed as there's no radical difference other than the size it seems.

Well, my coworker jumped on the Chanel Homme bandwagon, he is wearing a denim tuxedo shirt. I must say, it looks quite good the way he styled it w/ dark raw Helmut Lang jeans and chocolate polished leather Helmut Lang chelseas. The shirt is like a pale blue, paired w/ the dark denim it looks quite good...Im just surprised that he forked over $800 for it...

^^ Next step: Slicked back, powdered hair w/ponytail, Chanel shades and fingerless gloves...:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainbowevils
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->