Chanel Makeup: What's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up not getting the new eyeshadow because the shades look a bit dirty when they're actually applied, and the nuances in the colors are so subtle that they are barely visible from a distance...

Has anyone tried their pressed powders? I am REALLY considering purchasing one for a stupid, stupid reason: I think the packaging looks gorgeous, and I am kind of picturing myself a year from now sitting in a cafe in Manhattan and pulling out my Chanel pressed powder and powdering my face. It's 5AM btw, so forgive my wtfness!

I pretty much only want the Chanel eyeshadow quads for the packaging, they're the same as Bourjois...which is much cheaper :ninja:

I just gave away my never been used Chanel quad for my friend's birthday (talk about a good second hand gift, right?!) because I didn't think I'd ever use the colours. But now I seriously regret it and am blanking out on the name!! I NEED to purchase it. It had a black colour, peach, pink, and a very light blue. All of it was shimmery. Anyone know?

I pretty much only want the Chanel eyeshadow quads for the packaging, they're the same as Bourjois...which is much cheaper :ninja:

True, I try Bourjois first, to see how essential I find the colours - and if they're a success, then I consider upgrading to the Chanel compact for the sheer pleasure of using it.

I ended up not getting the new eyeshadow because the shades look a bit dirty when they're actually applied, and the nuances in the colors are so subtle that they are barely visible from a distance...

Has anyone tried their pressed powders? I am REALLY considering purchasing one for a stupid, stupid reason: I think the packaging looks gorgeous, and I am kind of picturing myself a year from now sitting in a cafe in Manhattan and pulling out my Chanel pressed powder and powdering my face. It's 5AM btw, so forgive my wtfness!

I use the Chanel Double Perfection Compact which is now also refillable. I, too, like the idea of using it in a restaurant or cafe--part of the charm. It is a wonderful powder--use wet or dry--and it has the cachet of Chanel.

I hear good things about the Poudre Douce - or you can just buy a Chanel compact mirror ^_^

I'm glad to know I'm not alone! Oh the powers of packaging... Makes us willing to pay triple times the price for something :shock: I am definitely getting their pressed powder before I leave for NY! :D

I just gave away my never been used Chanel quad for my friend's birthday (talk about a good second hand gift, right?!) because I didn't think I'd ever use the colours. But now I seriously regret it and am blanking out on the name!! I NEED to purchase it. It had a black colour, peach, pink, and a very light blue. All of it was shimmery. Anyone know?

Sparkling Satins you mean? B)

I use the Chanel Double Perfection Compact which is now also refillable. I, too, like the idea of using it in a restaurant or cafe--part of the charm. It is a wonderful powder--use wet or dry--and it has the cachet of Chanel.

The new Vitalumiere powder is really great!! And the have 3 new shades, all peachy...

The effect is a radiant, soft looking skin, and non powdery effect!

I hear good things about the Poudre Douce - or you can just buy a Chanel compact mirror ^_^

Sad, but Poudre Douce goes out of collection! Just like the Cils a Cils mascara, the best there was.:cry:

^all of them? :o I know there have been some LE ones within collections but I see Lilas, Rosee, Peche everywhere :unsure:

^^ Do you mean they will be discontinued? If so, how did you attain this information? My friend is the head of Chanel cosmetic sales here in Sydney and she hasn't mentioned that this is the case :unsure:

^all of them? :o I know there have been some LE ones within collections but I see Lilas, Rosee, Peche everywhere :unsure:

All of them goes out, not only the LE...

Till now they say the Poudre Cristaline is replaceable.

I work as a Make-up Artist for Chanel in the Netherlands, and last week I was updated for the rest of the year... Maybe this all is only for europe first, but the rest will follow...

^ Thats sad news. I love Poudre Douce :( Cannot imagine using anything else...Well if anyone is looking for discontinued Chanel make-up items, strawberrynet is a fantastic source for items which are difficult to find. All 100% authentic and in their original packaging.

Diedejan, you can still get the Cils A Cils mascara here...So there is still hope even when specific lines are said to be 'discontinued' :flower:

^ Thats sad news. I love Poudre Douce :( Cannot imagine using anything else...Well if anyone is looking for discontinued Chanel make-up items, strawberrynet is a fantastic source for items which are difficult to find. All 100% authentic and in their original packaging.

Diedejan, you can still get the Cils A Cils mascara here...So there is still hope even when specific lines are said to be 'discontinued' :flower:

You're the best! I've got 2 to go, but thnx anyway!!

When you've got products you like to have whitch only made for Europe post me, then I'll send you!^_^

have any of u guys tried Chanel's concealers? im on the hunt for a good concealer...all the ones i;ve tried are too dry, cakey, etc. i'm just not sure if i want to shell out the money for one of chanel's if im just going to get the same quality from a cheaper one.

i recently started using Double Perfection and i love it! perfect for my oily skin and for someone like me who hates wearing liquid or cream foundations!

have any of u guys tried Chanel's concealers? im on the hunt for a good concealer...all the ones i;ve tried are too dry, cakey, etc. i'm just not sure if i want to shell out the money for one of chanel's if im just going to get the same quality from a cheaper one.

i recently started using Double Perfection and i love it! perfect for my oily skin and for someone like me who hates wearing liquid or cream foundations!

We've got 3 options for concealer:

Lift Lumiere: Randiance and perfect covering. Is like a skincare for round the eyes.

Pinceau Lumiere: Light reflection, anti dark circle, to perfect 'the teint'.

Estomphe Eclat: Put on in the morning, has a base of powders, can't give a retouche with it.

Hope I helped you with it..:flower:

September 28, 2009

Symphonie Blanche de Chanel

Peter Philips, global creative makeup director for CHANEL, created the “ultimate nude” for the CHANEL Spring/Summer 2009 Haute Couture fashion show and now he’s created an entire collection to capture the same spirit: Symphonie Blanche de CHANEL.
In this collection is a highlighting powder called Fle ur Celeste (which means “flowers of the sky”) that has been embossed with white flowers over a soft pink and beige powder. This can be used on the face and décolleté.
Also in this collection is a new Quadra Eye Shadow called White Whisper. This eye shadow quad includes a dark silver eye shadow and three various colors of pigment over a white base tone: silver pink, pearly white and light gold.
And let’s not forget the Blanc Petal Le Vernis Nail Colour that I showed you last week.
CHANEL Symphonie Blanche de Chanel is available for a limited time exclusively at CHANEL boutiques, CHANEL Makeup Studios, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman and online at CHANEL.com.
makeupbag.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paintnitelife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->