Chanel Makeup: What's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Pleasepleaseplease post your collection! :heart: I love seeing how products looks under normal, non-photoshopped photography - weird obsession

Does anyone know the name of the nail polish colour in the S/S 10 ad? (the one on Malgosia) I love it!

Although the hype around their nail polishes is ridiculous sometimes, I read in one magazine that the Jade colour had a waitlist. Really? :rolleyes: They're not that good.

If it is the beige/ivory nail polish you're referring to on the latest SS10 campaign then it is called Chanel Le Vernis Particulière....

But on the Spring 09 campaign with Malgosia the nail polish used here is called Le Vernis Vendetta...

I hope this helps you out a little...:wink:

Just in case anyone is interested, here are swatches for the Noirs Obscurs collection:

all pictures from temptalia

chanel_noirobscurs001.jpg

chanel_noirobscurs003.jpg

(see what I mean by barely visible nuances between the colors?)

Swatches for the Spring 2010 Collection (all pics from temptalia)

chanel_holidaytweed001.jpg

chanel_holidaytweed003.jpg

chanel_holidayquad002.jpg

chanel_holidayquad003.jpg

Lipsticks Spring 2010 (pics from Temptalia)

(left - no lipstick, right - lipstick)
chanel_phoenix002.jpg

phoenix

chanel_mandarin002.jpg

mandarin

chanel_santal002.jpg

santal

chanel_dynastie002.jpg

dynastie

Am in love with the Pro Lumiere foundation. I always get great compliments when I wear it, with people asking have I had a facial! It's the perfect consistency, just dewy enough for my combination skin, and comes in a shade pale enough for me. Holy Grail product alert!

Am in love with the Pro Lumiere foundation. I always get great compliments when I wear it, with people asking have I had a facial! It's the perfect consistency, just dewy enough for my combination skin, and comes in a shade pale enough for me. Holy Grail product alert!

love this foundation also -- i really, really miss the double perfection matte foundation, but the matte lumiere is awesome as well. really light and not greasy, does AMAZING things to my skin, and is one of the only things i've put on my face that i can swear actually does not make my skin look worse when i take it off, at all.

i used to wear a ton of makeup/blush/eyeliner/etc and spend tons of money on all this drugstore stuff, and now all i wear every day is this foundation, diorshow mascara, and red lipstick. so easy and perfect.

the double perfection compact is also awesome, but my skin is in between shades and i find the sponge thing gets pretty narsty really quickly.

love this foundation also -- i really, really miss the double perfection matte foundation, but the matte lumiere is awesome as well. really light and not greasy, does AMAZING things to my skin, and is one of the only things i've put on my face that i can swear actually does not make my skin look worse when i take it off, at all.

i used to wear a ton of makeup/blush/eyeliner/etc and spend tons of money on all this drugstore stuff, and now all i wear every day is this foundation, diorshow mascara, and red lipstick. so easy and perfect.

the double perfection compact is also awesome, but my skin is in between shades and i find the sponge thing gets pretty narsty really quickly.

The Double Perfection Compact goes out, and the Mat Lumiere will be replaced for that one. They have more shades, but I'm not sure USA get other shades then we have here in Europe..

Best thing by this compact one is it minimize pores and gave a flawless teint!!

I bought the Matt Lumiere powder foundation, it's simply amazing. Much better than the Teint innocence that i used to wear.

Ecriture de Chanel is wonderfull, not many girls love it, but most of them can't handle it...:wink:

I know that people are scared by the pencil-like thingy, but, honestly, for me it's far easier than using gel eyeliner with a brush like the BB fine eyeliner one. With the Chanel one I'm done in less than half of the time, the liner is thinner and it looks far better, kind of shiny, not über matt.

eh was not too impressed by ecriture i still prefer classic liquid brush-on liner i always feel like the felt tip gets dry so fast... but i just started using pro luminere concealer and it is amazing... much better than YSL i'd say.

I love love love the Rouge Allure Lacque. It's absolutely perfect.

I didn't like Ecriture when I first used it, but the consistency of the formula seemed to change after a while and then I found it gave a great result - and it seemed to last forever as well. I've only just run out, and using ordinary pencils isn't the same, they seem so tiresome in comparison.

I wouldn't run out to repurchase a new one, as it might be time to experiment with some newer products on the market - I'm always looking for an improved finish. But I'd certainly consider adding it back into my make-up bag in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paintnitelife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->