Chanel Makeup: What's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Thanks for the info FrenchCactus. I am kind of one the fence as to whether or not I should get the misty soft...... A bit too purplish and pink for me.... I'll wait to see it in person.

I think I'd go with the Irreelle duo in crystal dusk or the new shadow in taupe delicat. :flower:

I said it once and I will say it again: it's all good!
It really is such good quality.

^ raerae, I second that!!!! And would have liked to say it first!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The re-opening of Chanel's store in SoHo, NY, sees the launch of a new limited edition collection (temptalia.com:(

Includes:
  • SoHo de Chanel ($65.00)
  • Stupendous Quadra Eye Shadow ($56.00)
  • Stunning Rouge Coco ($30.00)
  • Stunt Rouge Allure Laque ($32.00)
  • Star Glossimer ($27.00)
  • Steel and Strong Le Vernis ($23.00)
Availability: September 7th on chanel.com, September 10th at the SoHo Boutique

And a video snippet with Peter Philips talking about the collection (youtube.com/lachanelphile:(

i can't wait to buy one of the nail shades my first chanel :D

I really want the Le Vernis nail color in Dragon . . . I keep trying to find a dupe for it at the drugstore, but no luck. But I just can't justify spending that much on nail polish. ugh!

I got Petit Pêche Glossimer from F/W 2010 the other day, really like it! Although it's not really peach, it's a nice colour and -very important- non-sticky:woot:! I usually never wear lipgloss because I hate the sticky feel of it, but I love how this one feels.
It's really pretty irl :wub:.

View attachment 548097

View attachment 548099
my own pics

SoHo collection is gorgeous, I want it all! :woot:

^ True!! FleurDeLys you make me want to go and buy my 1000th Chanel make up!!! :blush::rolleyes:

Thank you all!
eu-pt and miu_miu, I couldn't post a comment on your profiles since they are set as private, but I wanted to thank you for the karma you've given me:blush::kiss:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Temptalia did some Le Vernis reviews, firstly Rouge Fatal (temptalia.com:(

Chanel Rouge Fatal Le Vernis ($25.00 for 0.4 fl. oz.) is one of those OMGSEXY reds, and of course, limited edition. I’m actually very rarely tempted by red creams; they’re never bad and certainly aren’t disliked by me, but I never crave a creamy red. (I do, however, have a total love for shimmered/glittered reds, though.) Rouge Fatal (which I actually want to call Rouge Fatale!) is a deepened scarlet red with such richness. It’s darkened slightly by brown, which makes this a nice red on both cooler and warmer skin tones.

It’s still a bit glossy without a top coat, though I topped all of these with Zoya’s top coat (and used Zoya’s base coat underneath). This is incredibly pigmented, and I really debated just using one coat, but I went with two just in case. Now knowing that one coat is almost enough, I might try doing just one thicker coat and calling it a day; but if you’re short on time, two thinner coats would work, too, and I always find thinner coats dry faster.

Application is smooth and even; not a single issue when I applied this shade at all. It actually felt like the perfect consistency–not too thick, not too thin–as Chanel polishes sometimes feel rather thick (and though not problematic overall, may be harder to control, especially for those with smaller nail beds).

And then the new Khakis, colours shown in the same series as mentioned below (same source:(

Chanel has put together Les Khakis de Chanel, a collection featuring a trio of nail lacquers. These will be available on September 10th at chanel.com, Chanel boutiques, and select department store counters. Each shade retails for $25.00.

Khaki Brun is a deep olive green-tinged brown. It’s a rather murky brown with just this touch of green to it; it’s distinctly brown but in natural light, the olive tones are pulled out more. Just two coats.

Khaki Rose is a rose-tinged medium-dark brown. It has such a subtle rosiness to it that it’s almost not there, but yet you can’t say it’s not, because there’s something about how the rose warms up the brown. Two coats.

Khaki Vert is a grayish-cast medium green. Not really murky, but it’s not bright or happy either; a rather neutral green, I’d say. It’s not quite camo green, because it doesn’t have strong yellow or live undertones. Two coats.

The formula on these was a bit thicker than usual, but it didn’t make for difficult application–quite the opposite! Application was nearly flawless with each coat being incredibly pigmented. One coat would have almost been enough on each one, but two coats created that smooth, opaque look. I always hate how these end up being B+ products, which is really due to the price, not the quality of the product (which is excellent).

OWWWW GUYSSS!!! I saw today the christmas collection........ SO GREAT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suriiyy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->