Chanel Makeup: What's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i feel like we've seen riva a million times before.

Agree about the lipsticks,would love to know how the one of the right looks on.

i read that the tea rose blush was discontinued (?), do they have any similiar color to tea rose?

I got a 10€-discount if you buy for 25€ :woot: but I have no idea what to buy. There's so many stuff I want from brands like Bobbi Brown, MUFE and Benefit, but the store where I have the discount only carries Chanel, Dior, Estée Lauder, Shiseido, Helena Rubinstein, Clinique, Givenchy, Querlain...
So I'm hesitating whether to buy one of Chanel's eyeshadow quads (in Mysthic eyes) or another lipstick... or Chanel's loose powder everyone raves about. Not sure about the loose powder though, I'm not too fond of the shimmer in it.
But I can't let the discount go to waste ofcourse :innocent:.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no shimmer in the loose powder :flower: Not the one I have anyway

wow, great pics The_Ida..maybe I should start buying Chanel again :rofl:

It seems these are on sale at chanel.com now, a limited edition collection of four Rouge Cocos and the Riva nail polish (chanel.com:(

what is a good chanel pencil eyeyliner in black.
i want something that goes on easily, and doesn't smudge unless you want it to!
any ideas???

There is no shimmer in the loose powder :flower: Not the one I have anyway

I was talking about the poudre universelle libre...?
When I swatched it on my hand in the store it showed very small glitter particles, but really really finely milled. Now I've bought it and when I apply it on my face I don't see any shimmer:blink:.
Shimmer or not, I'm happy with it :D. I love the big jar and the puff (that I'm not going to use, but it's nice to look at^_^).
I get so happy from looking at those big double C's:ninja::P.

View attachment 563465
pic my own

I wasn't interested in the new glossimer in pink pulsion, but it looks so pretty on Lisa Eldridge :woot:. She's wearing it in one of her video's and it looks absolutely delicious :heart:. Got to try that out.

I was talking about the poudre universelle libre...?
When I swatched it on my hand in the store it showed very small glitter particles, but really really finely milled. Now I've bought it and when I apply it on my face I don't see any shimmer:blink:.
Shimmer or not, I'm happy with it :D. I love the big jar and the puff (that I'm not going to use, but it's nice to look at^_^).
I get so happy from looking at those big double C's:ninja::P.
That is so funny! I got the same loose powder in 20 Clair, and there is no shimmer in it! Not even tiny shimmer-particles :blink: BUT I promise, you will love it! I've had mine for 2 years, I'm not even halfway through :D

A review of Riva - she wasn't too impressed with this particular shade (temptalia.com:(

Chanel Riva Nail Lacquer ($27.00 for 0.4 fl. oz.) is a pale sky blue with ultra fine, barely-there iridescent blue shimmer strewn through the creamier, almost jelly-esque base. The swatches included in this post show the effect of three coats (and thicker ones at that)–I would say that you would need a muted white shade underneath, perhaps, or else four coats.

In all honesty, this is just not a shade to be worn opaque (at least not on its own). You’re better off wearing two coats and going for a sheer look than layering it on and ending up with a very thick pile o’ polish. I didn’t experience any streaking when applying the three coats, but it did seem more prone to bubbling (I don’t think I’ve ever really had a polish look like it was going to bubble on me… it was odd!).

I’m actually a big fan of Chanel’s polishes typically, but I can’t say I’m on the Riva bandwagon yet. The color itself is just not there for me; it lacks the dimensionality of other cult status Chanel shades–the shimmer is too fine, too soft, and it’s difficult to detect unless under direct, bright light. I had no idea this was a much anticipated shade until after I purchased it, which I’m glad for, because my expectations may have been even higher had I known.

Even more painful is the $4 price increase on Riva as compared to their other nail lacquers–what? I’m fully willing to pay $23 for a shade that only Chanel can do (or at least, is the first to do), but $27 for a shade with some application/formula issues and doesn’t quite hit the zing color-wise makes it impossible to recommend in good conscience!

I love Chanel Riva, it takes about 3-4 coats but I feel its a more friendlier shade on my nails than Jade.

:heart:

Chanel Spring 2011 Makeup Collection

View attachment 566085

Gabrielle ‘Coco’ Chanel believed the light-reflecting property of pearls enhanced a woman’s natural beauty by bringing a delicate luminosity to her skin. Peter Philips, Global Creative Director of CHANEL Makeup, captures this quality in a radiant Spring 2011 Collection, LES PERLES DE CHANEL. Pearlized shades of black and white are accented with pinks and corals, brightening the complexion and creating a natural glow. Not to be outshone, nail shades extend the trend.

Ombres Perlees de Chanel ($65.00) (Limited Edition)

* White pearl, Pink, Deep Purple, Green-grey, Black Pearl

Les 4 Ombres ($56.00)

* Regard Perle Deep green, rose, beige, ivory

Le Crayon Yeux ($28.00)

* Gris Scintillant Shimmering grey

Joues Contraste ($42.00)

* Espiegle Peach

Poudre Universelle Compact ($44.00)

* Rose Merveille Rose beige (Limited Edition)

Rouge Coco ($30.00)

* Peregrina Peach
* Jersey Rose Rosewood

Rouge Allure ($30.00)

* Coquette Rose
* Flamboyante Intense pink

Glossimer ($27.00)

* Aragonite Iridescent white
* Nakkar Raspberry

Rouge Double Intensite ($34.00)

* Cristal Rose Rose beige (Limited Edition)

Le Crayon Levres ($28.00)

* Peche Peach
* Framboise Raspberry

Le Vernis ($23.00)

* Pearl Drop White
* Peche Nacree Peach
* Black Pearl Black

View attachment 566087
View attachment 566089
temptalia.com

GORGEOUS :shock:

Seriously, everything used on the model, the nail polish, the lipstick, the eyeshadow, I want it all.

Exactly - nothing about the previous collection appealed to me, all my pennies are being saved for this one.

I know it's generally supposed to have a January 2011 release date, but I'm hoping it might turn up in some places around Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyofsecrets
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->