Chanel Makeup: What's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want it all, I want it all :heart:.
Unfortunately, of course, I can't get it all :rolleyes:. But I'd love to buy one or two products from this collection!

I really love my chanel hydrabase lipstick called shantung (no71) but since chanel is no longer producing it I wonder do any of you know what corresponded to shantung in rouge coco?

i'm a big chanel fan but that eyeshadow palette looks cheap. very unoriginal.

Here's Sam from Pixiwoo using the Espiegle blush, Peche lip pencil and Coquette Rouge Allure from the SS11 collection - looking mighty fine to me!

Chanel Byzantine Makeup Collection for Fall 2011
  • Chanel Lumieres Byzantine Palette
  • Le Crayon Lèvres / Lip Pencil in shade Rouge/ Red
  • Les 4 Ombres in Topkapi
  • Joues Contraste Blush in two shades Or and Mocha
  • Soin Tendre Levres – clear lip balm
  • Le Vernis in shade #437 Coromandel
Chanel Lumieres Byzantine Pallette LE (only 1500 available)
Chanel-Fall-2011-Paris-Byzance-eyeshadow-palette.jpg

chicprofile.com

Oh, and I got my mother in law the Rouge Coco in Teheran for Christmas...because that's where she's from :lol:

^^That looks so precious! I bet the price will be fancy as well but it already looks so good.

Joues Contraste ($42.00)

* Espiegle Peach
I've used my pink explosion every day and doesn't have a dent in it since I got it last june, so I'll have to come up with some reason to justify this one haha.

The entire Spring Collection is on sale now at Chanel.com...
20101216_black_pearl_A01.jpg

chanel.com via email

I was going through some old posts on Lacquerized, and noticed that the site had posted a shot of some possible products for a spring-summer 2011 release, including a bright yellow nail varnish named Mimosa (lacquerized.com:(

Mimosa and the rest of the summer collection will be available April 4 2011. I can't wait. I must have Mimosa. It it limited edition.

Has anyone tried this http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Eyeliner-LA-LIGNE-DE-CHANEL-89237 ? I have the older version which has lasted me ages but I've noticed Chanel's quality has dropped in recent years and I'm a bit reluctant.

I have it and I do like it. Often use the matte colour to do a thin line as a finishing touch. The other colour I don't use as much, but it looks beauuuuutiful smudged on the outside corner of the eye on top of the black and white quadra shadows.

A review of Black Pearl - with polish on nails shown in natural light, then under flash (temptalia.com:(

Chanel Spring 2011: Black Pearl

Chanel Black Pearl Le Vernis Nail Colour ($23.00 for 0.4 fl. oz.) is a stormy teal-tinged blackened base with threads of metallic silvered green running through it, then topped off with green, blue, and teal micro-shimmer. This has a rather metallic finish, so brush strokes are apparent, but the formula works well enough that with some patience and steady hand, the brush strokes can be pulled out evenly and made to look like brushed metal. (I, on the other hand, lack steady hands–or patience–and wobbled a bit.)

LE VERNIS is a pricey product that often comes out with more unique shades (that are later replicated by other brands). The originality or amount of depth in their shades is what often pulls me towards them. Overall, I’ve had good luck with the formula and wear. The formula tends to be on the thicker side but not so thick it’s gloppy, while I typically get a full week’s worth of wear (and just minor tip wear).

Black Pearl seemed a little thicker than normal for Chanel, but each coat was pigmented, and I only needed two coats for opaque color. The only similar shades I could think of were China Glaze’s Rodeo Fanatic (way too blue to be similar) and NARS’ Full Metal Jacket (which is similar in the finish and look/feel, but not the color).

And a look at the white one (same source:(

Chanel Spring 2011: Pearl Drop

Chanel Pearl Drop Le Vernis Nail Colour ($23.00 for 0.4 fl. oz.) is a softened white gold frost with a slight metallic finish, sprinkled with pale gold micro-shimmer.

Pearl Drop stays true to past Chanel lacquers; the same slightly thicker formula with decent pigmentation, but this is a shade that seems designed to be worn sheer. I used two coats, and you could definitely try a third, but I think there was enough visible nail line at two that there would still be some at three. If you want a more opaque effect, try wearing a base polish underneath (like a white) to make it pop.

And an orange Rouge Coco from the same collection as the Riva nail varnish (same source:(

Chanel Sari Dore Rouge Coco Lipstick

Chanel Sari Dore Rouge Coco Lipstick ($30.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a lightened orange with a little peach that has a lot of white micro-shimmer and a semi-frosted sheen. It applies nearly opaque, and it has a very reflective finish, so it can be worn by itself quite easily without looking flat. It is a new and limited edition shade from the Cote d’Azur Collection, which is online-only at this time–but you never know if it’ll pop-up in stores (as SoHo eventually did, at least at select locations).

Rouge Coco is a slightly drier formula, because most of the shades are frost finishes, but I don’t find it drying–it’s just not moisturizing. It has a light vanilla-rose scent that’s rather faint but still detectable. It doesn’t seem to linger, though. On average, Rouge Cocos last four hours on me. I like the formula overall, and the shade range tends to be very wearable with a wide variety of colors from pinks to browns to reds.

FINAL THOUGHTS: This is one of the more wearable versions of orange I’ve come across; I actually think it may be an orange that’s appropriate for even cool skin tones, because it doesn’t pull too orange. The Rouge Coco formula is most suitable for those with relatively healthy lips; if your lips are dry and cracking, I would recommend opting for a more moisturizing formula (perhaps Rouge Allure, if you want to stay within Chanel).

oh that is so so so beautiful tigerrouge...i must go try this for me now!!

Hmmm i am considering not re-purchasing my universal bronzer, yes i have finally finished the pot!!!

Any rec's??!!

Hmm maybe the soleil tan powder?

Lots more news about products from the Spring and Cote d'Azur collections (temptalia.com:(

Chanel Spring 2011: Peche Nacree

Chanel Peche Nacree Le Vernis Nail Colour ($23.00 for 0.4 fl. oz.) is a medium-dark peach with pale white peach micro-shimmer strewn through it. It has a frost-metallic finish, so there are some visible brush strokes when under bright light. It’s opaque in two coats, despite being a lighter shade.

Peche Nacree is peachier and darker than Chanel Django. It is also rather similar to MAC’s Seasonal Peach, actually–just the finish is different and it is less pink. I found two coats to be perfect for color opacity and general look and feel. The brush strokes in this shade are less noticeable than in Black Pearl but more than Pearl Drop.

FINAL THOUGHTS:
It’s warm without being yellow orange, so it should suit both warm and cooler skin tones. I imagine it will lean pinker against cooler, pinker toned skin, than the warmer peach it is against my warmer skin tone.

When on lips, not quite the colour it seems in the tube... (same source:(

Chanel Baroque Rouge Coco Lipstick

Chanel Baroque (30) Rouge Coco Lipstick ($30.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a lightly berried brown with hints of red and ruby micro-shimmer. The shimmer is incredibly light and almost invisible to the eye but the effect is lightly reflective. It is a new and limited edition shade from the Cote d’Azur Collection, which is online-only at this time–but you never know if it’ll pop-up in-stores (as SoHo eventually did, at least at select locations). This is a surprisingly wearable shade, despite its initial dark tone, but it’s not bold or so deep that you have to worry about what you can or cannot wear with it.

FINAL THOUGHTS: There’s enough depth and color for this to be a great autumn/winter color without being too bold or vampy. The Rouge Coco formula is most suitable for those with relatively healthy lips; if your lips are dry and cracking, I would recommend opting for a more moisturizing formula (perhaps Rouge Allure, if you want to stay within Chanel).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyofsecrets
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->