Chanel Makeup: What's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I use the PRECISION EYE DEFINER everyday underneath my eyeshadow and recommend it! :flower:

Rouge Coco in Magnolia from the Holiday 2010 collection looks softer than I imagined (temptalia.com:(

Chanel Magnolia Rouge Coco Lipstick ($30.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a slightly milky medium pink with subtle blue undertones and a glossy finish. It seemed glossier and smoother than other Rouge Cocos I’ve tried–very creamy. It also had less of a shimmer/frost finish. Rouge Coco is a little drier and less opaque, tending to have more shimmer/frost finishes in its line-up than the Rouge Allure family. It’s a lightweight lipstick, and the line has a lot of universally appealing shades. It has a slight vanilla-ish rose scent, but it’s quite subtle, and I never notice it when I use my Rouge Cocos. This shade of pink is nice for both cooler and warmer skin tones, as it’s not too strong of a blue base.

Cle de Peau #106 Extra Silky Lipstick is a smidgen lighter but otherwise similar, including that slightly glossy finish; Maybelline Warm Me Up is warmer but close; Urban Decay Naked seems the closest in color but has less of a naturally glossy finish.

I have pale face, and brownish hair. What Chanel lipstick would you suggest?

Dora, I think Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle looks great on pale skin. It's the shade used on Vanessa Paradis in the ad:flower:. I really love that lipstick. It's a great colour (not too orange, not too red) without being over the top and the texture is creamy and not drying.

So, what's a good eyeshadow quad for a pale blue-eyed blonde? :D

Do you guys recommend chanel bronzers? I need a bronzer with pretty packaging and a mirror(!!) LOL. Currently using the mac msf in dark as my bronzer but it doesn't have a mirror... (or pretty packaging) :P

A review of the stronger pink Glossimer from the Holiday 2010 collection (temptalia.com:(

Chanel Pink Pulsion Glossimer ($27.00 for 0.19 fl. oz.) is a brightened fuchsia pink with medium pink shimmer. It’s semi-sheer on my lips; it gives them a nice dose of pink and glossiness with subtle shimmer that sparkles like glinting water. It’s a new and limited shade from their holiday collection, which is complemented by two other shades (to be reviewed). Glossimers are not quite perfectly non-sticky, but they don’t have much tackiness to them. They’re lightweight, on the sheerer side, and wear three to four hours on me. In order to get the full effect of a Glossimer, though, you have to see it dance in the sunlight!

The_Ida maybe you'd like to try KASKA BEIGE 18, soft browns and beiges! :flower:

The eyeshadow quad from the Holiday 2010 collection, images show use of shades dry and then wet (temptalia.com:(

Chanel Tentation Cuivree Eyeshadow Quad ($56.00 for 0.24 oz.) is new for holiday, and just like everything else in the collection, it is also limited edition. It’s a rather neutral quad with a smoky brown edge. I actually mean neutral in overall color scheme while the undertone is slightly warm but not much so.

The quad consists of a medium-dark cocoa brown with flecks of silver and bronze shimmer-glitter; softened champagne with a frost finish; high-shine light-medium pink with subtle yellow undertones; and a dark cocoa brown with flashes of molten bronze shimmer. Chanel’s eyeshadow quads can be used wet or dry (with no effect on the eyeshadows themselves), and the two lighter shades look about the same regardless, while both browns deepen. Funny enough, when used wet, the darkest brown seems to loses some of the copper flecks.

Overseas, the circular eyeshadow pans are the norm, while U.S. quads come in square pans typically. I’m not sure whether the change is just for holiday or going forward. I think I prefer the square pans; perhaps that pyramid shape lends it a bit of sophistication that the circular pans lack. It almost looks like a knockoff to me, but I imagine that’s also due to the fact that I’m not used to seeing it that way more than anything.

I don’t love this eyeshadow quad, and I don’t think it’s exactly the same in texture as other quads. It’s not quite as buttery or as smooth. I had some trouble with the medium brown swatching dry, though it sure came together when used wet. This quad is shimmer-heavy, with both of the brown shades having more of a micro-glitter effect than shimmer/sheen, so there is a touch of fall out, which I don’t usually associate with Chanel.

It’s nice but not knock-your-socks-off stunning. I like but don’t love, you know? The quality just isn’t quite there for me, and the abundance of shimmer and frost (and even a bit of glitter) came as a surprise. It’s worth taking a peek at, though!

I love this shade of pink as a blush, but I've never liked their tweed-textured compacts - I appreciate the idea behind it, but to me, they look more like an untidy mess of colours than an inspired reproduction of the fabric (temptalia.com:(

Chanel Holiday 2010: Chanel Tweed Fuchsia Tissages de Chanel ($45.00 for 0.19 oz.) is a cotton candy pink with slight blue undertones. It has golden shimmer patterned on the top of the blush, but underneath, it’s much subtler and interlaced with the blush itself. It’s almost like micro-glitter rather than regular shimmer, but a lot of it seems to disappear or get eaten up by the brush, so the effect isn’t like a disco ball. (And again, much of the glittery bits are overspray and will be gone after a use or two.)

Tweed Fuchsia, like several of the other Tweed varieties, does feel like it has a little more shimmer than the Joue Contrastes, which have a glowier kind of look when worn. The blue undertone of this pink isn’t too strong, though it gets stronger the heavier the color is used. When I wore it on my cheeks, it almost looked neutral! It also layered well, so you could build up the color for a more intense cheek or keep it soft for an everyday look.

It’s a pretty pink, but it’s a shade I’ve definitely seen before–if you have Pink Explosion from fall, you might find this quite easy to pass by.

^I tried Tweed Fuschia at the Chanel counter, and it's SO shimmery! Even the SA said she'd only recommend it for evening makeup.

Another Holiday 2010 lip shade (temptalia.com:(

Chanel Patchouli Rouge Coco Lipstick ($30.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a new and limited edition shade from the brand’s holiday collection. Patchouli is a light semi-sheer coral with peach and gold shimmer–it’s also a little glossier than the average Rouge Coco and feels more moisturizing. It seems to apply less evenly than some of the other shades in the range, but it makes for a really nice everyday color that pops on its own but still plays well with others.

Rouge Coco is a slightly drier formula, because most of the shades are frost finishes, but I don’t find it drying–it’s just not moisturizing. It has a light vanilla-rose scent that’s rather faint but still detectable. It doesn’t seem to linger, though. On average, Rouge Cocos last four hours on me.

A wearable shade from the Holiday 2010 collection, but not much colour in it (temptalia.com:(

Chanel Charming Glossimer ($27.00 for 0.19 fl. oz.) is a sheer barely-there pink gloss with pink shimmer. It is new and limited edition from Chanel’s holiday collection. The gloss itself is nearly colorless, but the shimmer is colored enough that it’s noticeable when worn. It’s a very minimal, easy-to-wear kind of shade that will be a must for some and a, "So what?" kind of gloss for others. Charming can be worn alone for a little dazzle or layered on top of lipsticks to add shine and shimmer.

Glossimers are nearly non-sticky but still have a little tackiness to them, though they are lightweight, non-drying, and last three to four hours on me. They’re scent- and taste-free as well. Some of them are more pigmented but the majority have been on the sheerer side based on my experience.

And another Glossimer (temptalia.com:(

Chanel Pleasing Glossimer ($27.00 for 0.19 fl. oz.) is new and limited edition just in time for the holidays, and it’s the most pigmented shade of the three holiday Glossimers. I always find this kind of color difficult to describe, but I would say Pleasing is a semi-sheer metallic bronze muted by burgundy with multi-colored shimmer.

Glossimers are nearly non-sticky but still have a little tackiness to them, though they are lightweight, non-drying, and last three to four hours on me. They’re scent- and taste-free as well. Some of them are more pigmented but the majority have been on the sheerer side based on my experience.

I tried the Rouge allure extrait de gloss in Fatale today, sooo pretty! Not as red as you would expect from a gloss called fatale, but very beautiful!

This girl and I have a bit the same colouring. Only my eyebrows are darker and my skin is paler. I think this is a really nice shade for pale skin.
Chanel-Fatale-5a-680x1024.jpg

cafemakeup.com

I just bought the Rouge Allure in Mythic. Such a beautiful shade. It's like my natural lip color but so much prettier. :heart: Cost me about 47$CAD. Ouch.

Purchased my first item from Chanel this afternoon,rouge allure in exces. Such a wonderful red :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paintnitelife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->