Chanel Makeup: What's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love their lipgloss, it's so soft and works better than lip balm. I could wear them forever.

I'm a diehard Chanel foundation fan, but one thing I found weird is that they don't sell Pro Lumiere at the airports (at least not in Stockholm, Amsterdam, Madrid or Dubai) anyone know why? when I asked the lady at the Chanel counter in the Amsterdam airport she hadn't even heard of it, and I couldn't find it in any of the other airports as well..

Such a pretty color the_ida! Are chanel lipglosses sticky like the MAC lipglosses? I'm not really a lipgloss fan , but I really want to try a chanel one.

They're not sticky at all, they're very soft and feel more like a nice, smooth lip-balm than gloss.

Berryciaga, I hated lipglosses before I tried a Chanel one. Now I only buy Chanel glossimers:lol:, they have a lovely texture, not sticky at all.

^ oh, i'm gonna have to pick one up soon! i have never been too crazy for gloss, but now i have to try a chanel one =)

^Yes you should! They also have no scent, a big plus for me, I absolutely hate scented lipglosses :yuk:.

Does anyone use their liquid eyeliners? I got a new one to replace my old one a month ago and sometimes it tingles after I put it on and then other times I can wear it all day but when I come home and just watch TV it starts to irritate my eyes. I could be my eyes but it's never happened to me with my other Chanel eyeliners before. Any ideas?

Do you live in a cold climate? Because it's crazy cold here atm, lots of snow, and my eyes and skin feel kind of dehydrated. Could be your eyes are suffering from the cold as well..

Or maybe the consistency of the eyeliners has changed? I've never tried their eyeliners so I have no idea... but why not try another eyeliner for a week and see if your eyes tingle while wearing that one too?

Does anyone use their liquid eyeliners? I got a new one to replace my old one a month ago and sometimes it tingles after I put it on and then other times I can wear it all day but when I come home and just watch TV it starts to irritate my eyes. I could be my eyes but it's never happened to me with my other Chanel eyeliners before. Any ideas?

I use Chanel liquid eyeliners. And I bought a new one last week and till now it feels fine. :flower:

^ thanks for the suggestions. I also put on pencil liner on with it and that is Body Shop (I got it free from InStyle) so I'm gonna try the Chanel liner with a different pencil too and see if maybe it's that.

It's weird having your eyelid tingle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a new Ecriture eyeliner a few months ago to replace my old one, and haven't had any problems yet.

A review of the pencil eyeliner from the new collection (temptalia.com:(

Chanel Spring 2011: Gris Scintillant

Chanel Gris Scintillant Le Crayon Yeux ($29.00 for 0.03 oz.) is a dark charcoal gray with silver and teal-tinged silver shimmer. There are a lot of amazing eyeliner formulas out there, and while I haven’t had trouble with other Chanel Le Crayon Yeux shades (though I have only tried a couple), this one is quite sheer and requires a few passes to achieve decent color opacity. It’s also not as intense or as smooth as I’d like in a pencil eyeliner. Overall, I found this to be rather disappointing.

FINAL THOUGHTS: At $29, for many, it can be difficult to justify, and if the color isn’t exactly unique or the formula isn’t excellent, there seems little reason to pick this up.

And the two Glossimers (same source:(

Chanel Spring 2011: Nakkar and Aragonite

Chanel Glossimers ($28.50 for 0.19 oz.) are delightfully shimmering, sheer to semi-sheer lip glosses with a smooth, non-sticky formula that’s not too thick nor too thin. It also wears three to four hours on me, and I never find my lips parched after wear. For spring, Chanel launched two shades:
Nakkar is a reddened watermelon pink with subtle gold micro-shimmer. It provides some color on my lips, but it’s still on the sheer side. Nakkar is like a red version of Pink Teaser (from fall ’10).

Aragonite is a sheer, nearly colorless base with silver, pink, and teal micro-shimmer. Aragonite is fairly similar to Galactic, the primary difference being Aragonite has more pink shimmer, while Galactic has less and therefore appears cooler in tone.
FINAL THOUGHTS: Both shades are pretty, and they are true to Chanel’s Glossimer formula–whether the shades appeal enough to you to purchase is just up to personal preference.

I was doing some tidying earlier, and found a half-forgotten stash of some Chanel products, including two pearlescent shades of Laque Effet Immediat, and more limited edition star products than I can remember buying at the time...

A review of an internet-only eyeshadow compact (temptalia.com:(

Chanel Promesse Eyeshadow Quad

Chanel Promesse Eyeshadow Quad ($56.00 for 0.04 oz.) is a [relatively] new and limited edition pastel palette, which is exclusive to Chanel.com. For those of us in the U.S., the palette is in the “international style,” where the eyeshadows have more of a baked appearance and texture; they are noticeably different from the texture and design of most U.S. eyeshadow quads. I’m generally not a fan of Chanel’s quads in this formula, because the shades are often very sheer and nowhere near as soft–typically, the only way to use them is wet–this is based on my experience with three or four of this kind of quad.

Promesse delivers decent pigmentation across all four shades, both wet and dry, which I was really happy to see. These also didn’t seem to skip or drag at all when used dry. The palette includes a pale white with a blue tinge in a frosted metallic finish; pink-tinged champagne beige; warm bronze with a frosted finish; and pale, pastel green with a pearly finish. The beige shade was the sheerest when used dry, but the others were fine. When used wet, all four performed well. The texture also seemed softer and silkier than usual.

I’m always taken aback when I see how little is supposed to be in here, just 0.04 oz. (less than most single eyeshadows, and U.S. Chanel quads are typically 0.21 oz.), and I can say that it certainly doesn’t look like there isn’t enough product in it. From a weight perspective, it seems ridiculously low, but when I look at the product itself and the way they seem to fill the pan, it’s hard to align those two images.

FINAL THOUGHTS: I like this quad best on paler skin tones, because two of the four shades are very, very pale and almost white, which may look too stark and almost ashy on medium to dark skin tones.

The teal sparkle in that gloss seems like a very strange thing :unsure: (And the huge freckle on the temptalia girl's lower lip drives me crazy, just had to say that :P)

I got Black Pearl and quite like it. It has a pronounced green tint to it--just as some black pearls do.

I think the freckle is almost a handy way to judge how sheer/opaque a product is!

A lipstick from the Cote d’Azur Collection (temptalia.com:(

Chanel Cote d’Azur: Taffeta Rose

Chanel Taffeta Rose (16) Rouge Coco Lipstick ($30.00 for 0.12 oz.) is brightened dark pink with subtle fuchsia micro-shimmer. The finish has a frostiness that’s not overwhelming but more noticeable here than in other Rouge Cocos. I also felt like this one emphasized even the most minute imperfections on the lips.

P.S. — I’m wearing Benefit Sugarbomb blush on cheeks.

FINAL THOUGHTS: Taffeta Rose would suit both cool and warmer skin tones, because while it is slightly cool, it doesn’t pull too blue.

i bought the black pearl nailpolish last night. i almost bought the Spring 2011 Ombres Perlees. im going to think on it some more.

I have never tried Chanel cosmetics.

I might here in Australia the prices are pretty high, Chanel is not as common as it might be in the states, most people use clinique as an alternative.

I love Clinique but maybe it is time i turned to Chanel:smile:

A classic red (temptalia.com:(

Chanel Lover Rouge Allure Lipstick

Chanel Lover Rouge Allure Lipstick ($32.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a rich, pink-based red with subtle blue undertones. It’s nearly opaque on lips, and it has a very bold, bright appearance.

Rouge Allures are some of my favorites, because they pack a lot of color in a standout formula: moisturizing, lightweight, and long-wearing. They have a slight rose scent, but I’ve found that the scent is usually subtle though occasionally a tube will have a more concentrated rose scent. (I’m not personally bothered by the scent, but those with more sensitive noses may want to check it out in person.) I get between four to six hours of wear, as Rouge Allures tend to wear longer than average on me.

FINAL THOUGHTS: This is a great red for light to dark skin tones, particularly those with pinker undertones, as the cooler base of Lover will work well with it. Rouge Allures are also good if you have drier lips, more pigmented lip color, or need your lip color to wear longer.

How come that chick from temptalia is always in the same position in the pic of her face. It amuses me a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexica
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->