Chanel Makeup: What's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Spring collection arrives in week 5 in Denmark. Just asked at the counter - oh and they have Bikini Peach in stock again!

I managed to order Black Pearl from the Garden Pharmacy today, I had signed up to their 'email when it stock' list.

i'm wearing black pearl as i write this. the green undertone is noticable. the finish is really nice. no chipping so far.

DAMN. Hope the Espiegle blush and Bikini Peach won't sell out, I have to buy books in Feb :doh:

Espiegle blush is my new favourite! I am wearing it now, it's so soft and has such a lovely texture. I'm also on day 3 wearing Black Pearl and no chipping whatsoever so far!

I've been hearing a lot of great stuff about the Chanel foundations. I'd love to try them and am thinking of Pro Lumiere and Vitalumiere. But what is the difference between those two?

Also I hear a lot of comments about the shades not being light enough for fair skin. Right now Im using MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW20. Would that be considered too light or will there be a shade that matches?

^Vitalumiere in 20 might be slightly too dark, 20 is the lightest shade (in Denmark anyway)

^^ I looked into the Chanel foundations and even the lightest shade was too ''yellow" for my skin. I looked orange. I might try another store and talk to a different person cause the women I had didn't think it looked bad but at the end of the day you are the one that has to be happy with the result.

^ That's what I'm afraid of. That even the lightest shade will be too yellow for me. Judging from the colors on the website the lightest shades all look quite yellow-ish. :unsure:

Pro Lumiere is available in 10 Limpide - here's a pic
Chanel-Pro-Lumiere-Medium.jpg

karlasugar.net

Now that does not look yellow to me. A too yellow foundation can never make you look orange though, it is cool-toned and can only make you look yellow (like you've got some liverdisease :lol:). And of course one should never judge foundation colour off a website, that makes no sense. You need to try it on (I always ask for a sample, I don't trust the ladies at the counters)

Thank you for posting that pic! It certainly looks a lot better than I thought it would be.
And of course I'm not going to buy anything based on the colors off a website but it gives you some kind of idea at least. I need to try this on at the counter or get a sample before buying it. I'm just doing some research first so I know what I'm talking about since you can't always rely on the 'expertise' of the SA.

^I've tried having an SA apply foundation to my face with a dirty brush. That was just disgusting :shock: Ask for a sample!

I find the colours on the website useless. I never would have imagined that Vitalumiere i 20 would be that yellow :lol: I have a pic of it somewhere, I looked rather jaundice-ridden :rofl:

I absolutely love Black Pearl so far, it's right up there with Nouvelle Vague for me. Has anyone tried the peach polish from the new collection?

Got the Espiegle blush last week. It's so beautiful, love it.:sick:

I was at the airport today and tried some Chanel stuff from the new collection...
I put on Chanel vitalumière acqua, which was as I expected too sheer for my taste, it's more like a tinted moisturizer. And the blush in espiegle was okay, but I wasn't blown away with it.
The lip pencil in Pêche, the lipstick in Peregrina and the glossimer in Nakkar are my favourites :heart:. Nakkar is unexpectedly a really beautiful colour, and looks great with my NW15 skin and blue eyes. I only got the lip pencil in pêche and the inimitable intense mascara because I had already done too much shopping, but I plan on buying the lipstick and the glossimer too!

I absolutely love Black Pearl so far, it's right up there with Nouvelle Vague for me. Has anyone tried the peach polish from the new collection?

I love The Black Pearl. I bought it the other day and it's just gorgeous. No one I know seems to agree with me on that, but oh well...

Yes I tried the "Peach", and i was really disappointed, it's the type of colour i usually go for on a day to day basis, but i didn't like it. It's not a "compact" type of colour, it's way more transparent than I thought and has a slight shimmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pietrobundchen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->