Chanel Pre-Fall 2024 Manchester

Wow those prints that read "call ..." are absolutely heinous. it looks like FAKE Chanel. What could be worse than looking like Fake Chanel????

Otherwise this collection is pretty cohesive as far as silhouettes and material useage go. Usually her collections are a mish mash of random crap. Usually a runway with looks of just only what could be salvaged. They finally put out a whole collection of non-ugly silhouettes. Chanel - of all brands - should never show a bad silhouette.

Awful accessories too. Is it supposed to be literal 1983 power-dressing. The colors and styles are just awful and the jewelry is usually never a miss at Chanel.

As a whole it is full of very wearable but drab Chanel pieces mixed with terrible accessories and ghastly prints. Probably her worst to date.

Last edited:
Can you image what Karl would have done if he were to present in Manchester? Chanel + football tackiness = yummy! Instead, we get this drab, vintage Burberry with Chanel tweed. Such a missed opportunity from Viard, again.

Pre-Whatever...to send the same cookie-cutter tweed suits they could very well have stayed in Paris. The only Manchester great thing here is Karen Elson walking for Chanel again.

It’s not my cup of tea but this is a good collection by Virginie’s standards.
I just feel like we are missing the spirit of Metiers d’Arts, which was really a bridge between Couture and RTW.
Metiers d'Arts used to have that rich feeling. It looked and felt special…Maybe less casual than Resort but also sometimes more dramatic or costumey than Main runway collections.
I still think about the insane knitwear from
the Edimburgh collection or even in the Jewelry department, the ones from the NYC/Egyptian collection gave High Jewelry a run for their money.
I think about the fabulous eveningwear of the Montecarlo collection or even the opulence of the Bombay collection.

Now, with Virginie, Metiers d’Arts looks more like a beading experience.

I really love some pieces and I think the suit on look 10 is fabulous. It would probably be like 12K and I would never purchase it but with some retouching, it would be perfect for me. Overall, it’s very wearable, very spring 1996, very digestible and it’s Chanel.

I feel like under Karl, because he made strong aesthetic choices, it was possible to like or not like Chanel for the aesthetic, to not recognize yourself in the style. Now with Virginie, there’s really a sense of Chanel for everybody. Those are clothes for people who wants people to know they are wearing Chanel.

But I feel like it will be a success and Margot Robbie’s stylist will probably start dressing her in Chanel again lol. She is fulfilling her contract by avoiding wearing the brand lately.

I just wanted to say that her taste in colors is probably one of the worst among designers. When others don't feel so confident, they will just stick with black and white. She has all the power and resources in the field, yet she keeps working with Easter egg colors (prespring), highly saturated colors, acid colors, or muddy colors......

Watching the show, I just realised that Viard had a whole cast of models walk outside in English December wearing plunging necklines, shorts and miniskirts. Pain, but no beauty.

having all the looks paired with flat shoes is one of the vilest things I have ever seen in Fashion. disgusting.

the silhouettes are definitely better but the prints and some colours choices are as always a disgrace.

I was hoping to see Arizona Muse since she lives in England and has been OG for the brand… also, no Vittoria… bah

let’s get one thing straight: apart from the fact that Karl was talented he also knew perfectly what it was to be rich, luxurious, ostentatious, stylish. his designs and accessories (jewellery, shoes, handbags) reflected that.
Virginie doesn’t look like she knows anything about it.

MGC for Dior for instance, despite her designs being mostly sh*t, she seems to understand this luxury world because her collections have this expensive allure. they’re just so drab we forget about it.

Um excuse me but let's not forget that Karl was NOT short on hideous looks either. There was always at least one look in every collection that looked like an inbred animal.

Um excuse me but let's not forget that Karl was NOT short on hideous looks either. There was always at least one look in every collection that looked like an inbred animal.
Ugly because he was challenging silhouette, materials and overall taste a majority of the time.

Virginie is mundane and hideous due to lack of skill.

You can’t have a fashion proposition, and not a trunk show without challenging taste and silhouette!
Either way, everybody can do their best MGC impersonation and design the same thing over and over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johngreen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->