Chanel S/S 2021 : Charlotte Casiraghi by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

I could not believe to see Villa La Vigie back in a Chanel campaign, I mean what a tribute to Karl, this location is what defined the Chanel campaign in the early 90s. Makes sense to see Monaco back on campaigns, they are working on having the principality back at the top of the luxury scene so what a way to do it. Not always a fan of actresses/celebrities to be doing a PAP campaign but I think Charlotte nails it. Refreshing to see a classy real woman wear the collection. Love the multiple clin d’œil to previous campaigns as well. The collection? Not mind blowing I agree but the campaign certainly raises my internet in discovering more.

I could not believe to see Villa La Vigie back in a Chanel campaign, I mean what a tribute to Karl, this location is what defined the Chanel campaign in the early 90s. Makes sense to see Monaco back on campaigns, they are working on having the principality back at the top of the luxury scene so what a way to do it. Not always a fan of actresses/celebrities to be doing a PAP campaign but I think Charlotte nails it. Refreshing to see a classy real woman wear the collection. Love the multiple clin d’œil to previous campaigns as well. The collection? Not mind blowing I agree but the campaign certainly raises my internet in discovering more.

have you been shopping in Monaco? It’s the only place Giuseppe Zanotti sells out lmao. And Phillip Pleins...

Monaco is so un-Chanel and Chanel isn’t associated with fashion anymore.

Monagasque style is very preppy.

Penelope Cruz ed for Bazaar Russia should have been the campaign instead of this mess it's more elevated and with the Chanel DNA that this who looks amateur and a" bit" cheap

I dont know if upholstering a bed in the same fabric as the dress is clever or silly...

DO you really want a dress that looks better as a headboard? Maybe not.

Too many photographers with too many styles...i understand that she is still finding her voice specially being under Karl all these years but this is basic communication: BUILD an identity. Chanel will be never be the same again like it was under Karl but they need to take the DNA to reformulate things or do something completely different that could become “your” Chanel. I would say get a good team to develope concepts, identity, etc. im not gonna talk about the clothes but i think Virginie wants to try to continue Karl’s legacy and to be honest that shoes fits so big on her.

Also, whoever said they made her look like a socialite....she is a socialite?

11th in line to the throne....Its like getting Princess Beatrice to be the face of Chanel, She just happens to be more photogenic....

Harper's Bazaar España Digital Edition

IMO, her mother, along with Christine Lagarde are among the best unofficial Chanel ambassadors, but, obviously, Charlotte isn't! As we all know, Chanel is expensive and accessible. In Vriginie's case, she makes Chanel as accessible as Kors, aesthetically and strategically (like some members point out), but fails to maintain the brand's prestige of being expensive for the sake of expensive.

put a real model not a celebrity pls.
is chanel getting low now?

Oh dear. I came to this thread because of how much I really like this campaign. It's the only one that has intrigued me from the S/S21 season. Guess my taste doesn't match up to other TFSers lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->