Chloé S/S 11 Paris

actually Chloe's profits have fallen considerably since Phoebe left , now that Testino left recently , it indicates the problems it has having.

I stand corrected. I guess that means there's no reason to send out such soulless clothes then.

Aside from the obvious similarities to Calvin Klein, I really do like and I enjoy this collection. It's clean, it's sharp, it's white (!) and well, it is perfect for women who want to look classy and simple.
I would have liked to see heels though, I don't like the word flats on the runway ^_^

my problem with Hannah is that this is not Chloè at all...she has really forgotten the Chloè girl and that's a shame..:doh:

Every collection from Chloé since Hannah joined looks like a completely different designer created the range, there's no continuity apart from the ugly flat sandals.

There's no lasting impression with Chloé anymore, the design team just seem to jump on whatever trends will be big that season. Which I'm sure makes alot of money for the brand, but it's not very interesting for us to look at.

And you don't think the rest of the designers in PFW have jumped the trend wagon either?

You have to hand it to Hannah for making very wearable pieces each time around. Sure her executions aren't mindblowing but from the looks of it she has been with the Chloe house for over 2 years now and if she's still at the house then clearly she must be doing her job right.

this is even more minimal than Celine lol , Phoebe still used color blocking and prints lol

And you don't think the rest of the designers in PFW have jumped the trend wagon either?

You have to hand it to Hannah for making very wearable pieces each time around. Sure her executions aren't mindblowing but from the looks of it she has been with the Chloe house for over 2 years now and if she's still at the house then clearly she must be doing her job right.

Well Testino left because of the profit issues the house is having , so all is not well at Chloe. Yeah its one thing for other fashion houses in NYC to imitate Celine but this is Chloe , it is a storied fashion house , it has a set aesthetic ,Hannah in the process of copying Celine has forgotten what Chloe stands for.

it's too early to judge this collection for me since as per nowfashion this collection has only 13 looks :smile:rofl:smile: but
my only gripe against the pieces is that if McGibbon wanted to inject minimalism a la Celine to her designs she
should've atleast carried through some of the Chloe aesthetic so as to have avoided missing the brand's identity.
the pieces still possess the brand's wearability but it just looks too generic to be associated to Chloe now, or even
McGibbon for the matter.

^^^ the whole collection is up and it gets progressively worse the dresses look like BCBG max azria prom collection

I expected a lot from this collection as her previous collections so far were disappointed and again nothing really change. This was not Chloe, this was Hannah.

It's actually not so bad, but that could be because it looks like Celine.

I like it, im not crazy about it but its nice
is it minimalism really making a statement? because there are other trends which I would identify more w the Chloe brand

this looks like it came straight out of NYFW.. that's not a good thing :(

it's not bad but it's not living up to the expectations for the brand

difference is quality...high level here ! i personnally like it cause there is a new proposition of the chloé woman...it's straight, minimalist, this collection suit "today women spirit" more than the stereotype of the classy women coming from the 80's

I don't see anything wrong with the collection. There are similarities with Celine:smile:yuk:smile: but this collection is vastly superior!

she's no Costa, and definitely not Phoebe, so I just wish can do more youthful collection. the collection after Paolo was a good direction but then Phoebe arrived at Celine and everyone goes minimalism and she is trying to go there but she's go stuck in the middle of nowhere. It's a so so collection with nothing but clothes. No excitement, no new invention, quite dull and totally aged some models here.

When she arrived at Chloé she did a very good work I think...!
But it's true, this season the style is too much close from Céline (and if Phoebe Philo was at Chloé now, she'd never do the same work she does at Céline)

I see a few lovely pieces I'd totally wear, but other than that it doesn't do much for me.

They need to go back to Spring 2009 aesthetic ....all her collections since have been somewhat dull IMO.

I agree that this collection is trying hard to be CK... and failing.

I was backstage this afternoon at the Chloe show, and I made some videos :

Watch it in Hd.

It's so Celine~~~ @.@
Anyway I love the 2nd dress~~!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"