Chloe Taps New Designer

Mutterlein

Reaction score
From wwd

PARIS – Chloe is parting ways with its creative director, Paulo Melim Andersson, and has named Hannah MacGibbon his successor, WWD has learned.

MacGibbon was a key member of the design team under former creative director Phoebe Philo, and helped define the hip femininity that catapulted Chloe tofashion’s big leagues.

Melim Andersson, who joined Chloe from Marni in 2006, showed three collections for the house and received mixed reviews.

I think we all saw this coming

Agreed...although I kind of liked what he did. I wouldn't be surprised if he started his own line in the next few years.

yup def didnt seem to far off

i wonder what the new designer will bring to the table for the house of chloe... hope it's still fun and girly

Yess....I personally loved Chloe, that is until Pheobe left, and then I started to think all the clothes were fugg for Chloe. Im glad that someone who shares a little bit of Pheobe's aesthetic will be joining. I loved Marni past 3 seasons...so Im anxious to see what happens!

Well that was fast...:shock:

I really dont mind, I think its good that the new designer has previously worked with Phoebe. Mabye she can bring back Chloe's "dirty-pretty" aesthetic.

:flower:

What a mess...
I was pleased to see a new Chloé when Paulo started, the Philo team seemed to make the same clothes every season.. which probably sold well, but one grows tired quickly.

i was right

she was on phoebe design team , this girl. Anyways paulo is a really good designer but I dont think chloe was his style .

That was fast.. But I don't know if I liked the new style of Chloe..

WHAT??????
Noooooo, I love, love, loved all of Paulo's colelctions...... :cry::cry::cry:

it's so frustrating that no one even gives a designer a chance anymore...
i was not a fan of his first collection, but i think he was starting to come into his own...

you know who needs to go is frida...:innocent:

i was not a fan of his first collection, but i think he was starting to come into his own...

you know who needs to go is frida...:innocent:

They give designers who keep the $$ coming in plenty of chances.

I agree he wasn't really given a chance but I don't think what he was putting out was what Chloe wanted. Even if he was coming into his own, it wasn't like it was under Phoebe and I think they wanted to replicate her, not forge a new path hence the new designer.

I feel like he was finally going into the right direction, but I was never really wowed by his work for Chloe. I'm excited to see someone from team Philo.

I just hope the designers in the team keep their jobs. They work so hard and the creative directors keep coming and going.

I hope that they'll keep their jobs. Working your *** off and getting no credit cause the creative director f*cks it up!!

And I totally agree with you on the frustrating feeling. I think it's just rude the way this works... :yuk:

Ah well, Hannah seems great for $$$$$, so good luck to her :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odel2233
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->