Phoebe Philo - Life After Chloe - *Update* Creative Director for Celine

I don't see any news about Phoebe at Burberry :huh:

Burberry's new CEO is Celine's previous CEO so, it sounds believable. Working for Burberry would allow more space for her personal life.
I just can't be excited about that. I would prefer for her to take a small hiatus instead of going to Burberry...

Burberry's new CEO is Celine's previous CEO so, it sounds believable. Working for Burberry would allow more space for her personal life.
I just can't be excited about that. I would prefer for her to take a small hiatus instead of going to Burberry...

She has to travel to Paris a lot for Celine, doesn't she?
Plus Burberry would be a challenge for her, which she might be looking for. She's said she doesn't adhere to or use inspiration from Celine's archives.

^But wasn't Celine's HQ moved to London? I think it was done few years ago so it's not like she has to travel to Paris every day or every week.

She has to travel to Paris a lot for Celine, doesn't she?
Plus Burberry would be a challenge for her, which she might be looking for. She's said she doesn't adhere to or use inspiration from Celine's archives.

Not that much. Her studio is in London, at Cavendish Square but Celine's HQ, where is the showroom, atelier...etc, is in Paris.
She comes to Paris regularly and normally before the runway shows. For example, she is never/rarely present herself for the pre-collections presentations.

I like the idea. Although I preferred Burberry when it was a heritage brand, and still have everything I bought from them in those days ... heritage English stuff is tough! When they decided to be 'fashion,' somehow that meant that the quality went down the drain.

Haven't been excited about Burberry in quite some time, and there's no doubt in my mind but what Phoebe will make us all sit up and take notice, whichever house she goes to next.

No doubt my bias is showing, but I would love to see them bring back their line for dogs :ninja:

In case this hasn't been mentioned yet...

Phoebe is leaving to go to Burberry.

Simon is set to replace her.

At least, that's what I heard.

This is surprising. I always got the feeling that she was the type to take a long hiatus between contracts, but God knows Burberry needs SOMETHING.

I hear Grace Wales Bonner is a contender for the Celine spot.

Bad news for anyone hoping that Phoebe Philo would succeed Karl Lagerfeld at Chanel: the house’s president, Bruno Pavlovsky, says its not going to happen. “I hear the rumors [about Philo] and all that, and I find that quite funny,” he said. “But it’s nothing serious.”

Fashionweekdaily.com

:cry::cry:

I still wanna believe that, however I get it, PP at Chanel would take A LOT from both sides, she probably would not do like 6 HUGE shows every year, HQ in UK and couture (I know she can do it, but its another conversation)... A lot of things to negotiate..

I would imagine they'd go for someone like Marc Jacobs at Chanel, though I love the idea of Phoebe being there.

:cry::cry:

I still wanna believe that, however I get it, PP at Chanel would take A LOT from both sides, she probably would not do like 6 HUGE shows every year, HQ in UK and couture (I know she can do it, but its another conversation)... A lot of things to negotiate..
Nobody at Chanel will ever say if Phoebe is considered, first of all. It would be rude if they confirmed it.
A lot of women in Karl’s circle are wearing Celine by Philo.
Obviously, anyone who comes after Karl will have to make things differently. They don't have to follow Karl's way to work.
The good thing about Chanel for any designer is that they can have a total creative control and a limitless budget in the execution of the clothes but also in the production of the shows.
When you're the designer of Chanel, you have a lot of freedom but in a very tight space for a lot of CD (you can't have control over the stores, the perfumes, the bijoux).

Nobody at Chanel will ever say if Phoebe is considered, first of all. It would be rude if they confirmed it.
A lot of women in Karl’s circle are wearing Celine by Philo.
Obviously, anyone who comes after Karl will have to make things differently. They don't have to follow Karl's way to work.
The good thing about Chanel for any designer is that they can have a total creative control and a limitless budget in the execution of the clothes but also in the production of the shows.
When you're the designer of Chanel, you have a lot of freedom but in a very tight space for a lot of CD (you can't have control over the stores, the perfumes, the bijoux).

We all know that you are one of them Lola dont lie :stuart:

Well, PP for me is the best option to Chanel. Is would be better than Alber, because it would be revolutionary and buzz/hype would be GREAT to Chanel. Her vision, year by year, its proving that is a long live solid vision, and Chanel will need that when Karl's gone.

I would imagine they'd go for someone like Marc Jacobs at Chanel, though I love the idea of Phoebe being there.

In Marc's dreams :lol: I don't think Marc is on anyone's shortlist right now, much less for one of the biggest jobs in fashion.

I don't think Phoebe is a fit for Chanel, either ... there's so much of it that's unsubtle. But I would still love to see what she'd do there. I'd probably find it more appealing. If she takes a few years off, virtually everyone's contracts will have expired by then ... the field will be wide open :wink:

I don't think Phoebe is a fit for Chanel, either ... there's so much of it that's unsubtle. But I would still love to see what she'd do there. I'd probably find it more appealing. If she takes a few years off, virtually everyone's contracts will have expired by then ... the field will be wide open :wink:

Technically, Karl wasn’t an obvious fit for Chanel either.
He was a star but in that period his work at Chloe (and all the other brands) wasn’t at all indicative of a particular sensibility toward Chanel. But the people of Chanel wanted him actually because he never copied Chanel.
I think that Phoebe, if she wants to, can totally do it.

Poor Marc. I think that LVMH should give him Dior. He is maybe one of the most complete and versatile designer so...

I think Phoebe really is the only proper choice at this point to fill the spot at Chanel.

As another user mentioned, she proved at Celine that her vision is long lasting and evolutionary...ie, she (hypothetically) isn’t going to be a one-trick-pony (like Riccardo at Burberry, for example).

Plus, her vision is extremely exacting in all categories - clothing, bags, small leather goods, jewelry, shoes, etc. This is an important trait for a designer taking over a brand like Chanel, in which all product categories are important parts of the business.

More than anything though, I believe her chic, confident, intelligent design POV would be so effective at a House with “codes.” I can imagine her so effectively playing with the tweed, the camellias, the pearls, the quilting, etc.

Furthermore, I believe that Phoebe doing Couture could be so monumental for the whole institution. Today, almost all Couture houses put out pretty Princess dresses. A Philo-helmed Chanel could be something so unique and refreshing...a whole new Couture attitude. It could change everything - in the same way that Galliano completely shifted the purpose and expectation of Couture in the early 00’s.

Chanel is mostly famous for its bags and Philo's tenure for Céline is partly known for the bags that sold so well.

Phoebe must go to Chanel. It would be so bold from the company. A real buzz. I hope it won't be Virginie taking the lead after Karl. We don't need another "Marie-Amelie Sauvé-type shadow" figure.
001-tomboy-coco-chanel-gigot_162943706154.jpg

vogue
3481272_6_ad04_en-arrivant-chez-celine-en-2008-phoebe-philo_77fc4195b62564cf3fb9a7d769398917.jpg

parisshangaifashion

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->