Chris Martin and Kate Bosworth 'affair' rumour

fashionista-ta;6399719...The whole celebrity culture mystifies me said:
making their own lives more interesting & meaningful[/B].
+1

...and living in integrity. :flower:

isnt she dating english hottie james????:huh:

oh, i always hated coldplay,so i really dont care about him.... i love james!:lol::rolleyes:

The whole celebrity culture mystifies me, to be honest. I wish people would spend just a fraction of the time they spent watching celebrity TV, reading celebrity gossip, etc. making their own lives more interesting & meaningful.

LOL, isn't this forum a part of that celebrity culture?

:P

LOL, isn't this forum a part of that celebrity culture?

:P

Yes and no ... you can spend a lot of time here and never visit a celebrity thread. Or you can spend a lot of time here and do nothing but. I only came here because of who was posting, nothing to do with the protagonists :lol:

Actually it is here that I get all my exposure to celebrity 'followers' ... the people I know IRL don't care about this stuff. And I am mystified when these folks believe that celebrities and/or royals owe them something :huh: :unsure: :innocent: Like they have a serious responsibility to be a 10/10 on the fashion scale, and they have absolutely nothing more important to be doing with their lives :huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

This is waay to... random! :lol: These gossip mags crack me up, really.

If he were to cheat on his wife, would he really go to a public event? What, did he wear a baseball hat and shades and think no one noticed? :rolleyes:

I want to know what is wrong with the world when idiots (pardon me) like this Lainey, whoever he/she may be, have nothing better to do than write about other people's lives, relationships, infidelities, whatever.. so it may be true.. it may not.. I don't know.. and sure, these people are celebrities and they put themselves, to some extent, out there for comment and criticism and gossip.. I don't know anything about Gwyneth Paltrow or Chris Martin (nor Kate Bosworth, for that matter...) but these two are a married couple with two young children and whatever they do or don`t do within their marriage, it is humiliating and hurtful to dissect their lives like this.. and what`s the point ? just to make people feel better about their own insecurities and dysfunction ?

I don`t mind a bit of gossip... it`s human, everyone does it.. I think the natural curiosity about other people`s lives is always there, even among celebrities.. but when it gets down to these particulars where it just seems to be so nasty and hurtful, I don`t understand it.. it makes me embarassed to live in this culture where this gossip is so much a part of our daily lives. So let`s say it`s true, and Chris Martin is having an affair, and they all admit it, and no one lies, and there isn`t a big guessing game.. then what? then we just have a group of people who are hurt and humiliated, and two young children who are going to grow up and read all these hurtful, immature things about their parents who perhaps made less than wonderful decisions sometimes.. What`s the point?

This Lainey needs to get a life and stop dissecting other people`s.... what a horrible, negative energy to be contributing to the world..

I guess I understand what you're trying to say, but I have to say that
a) you're choosing personally to read a forum called "Rumour has it..." specifically about celebrity gossip, which I think makes you just as culpible. If you don't want to support talk about this type of subject then what are you even doing here in the first place?

b) that Lainey is very very tame compared to many other bloggers, and in this case she isn't even trying to break the 'story' she's just commenting on a story put forth by other more high profile outlets. So I hardly think she's a worthy focus of your frustration.

c) celebs enjoy an indulged privileged life highly afforded to them in large part by their public profile and people's fascinations about their personal lives. While Gwyneth and Chris are on the very low end of the attention-seeking public radar, they do still use it to their advantage. Interest and media attention on their personal lives comes with the territory. That being said, if this story does prove to be true they shouldn't care what the court of public opinion think, just like they act like they don't care when they seem happy to us. And I suspect their children have a very strong network to protect them, which is more than what can be said for many tragic situation that kids around the world have to deal with daily.

I'm all for picking on the gossip machine, but I don't think this story or Lainey as a target is the right point when there is so much in this forum that's far more pathetic and dirty.

Lainey is not just a blogger, she's in entertainment media, therefore she has firsthand knowledge of a lot of bts shenanigans. Plus, most of these "celebs" sell themselves like whores to the so called gossip mongers. I personally do not feel sorry for them.

I want to know what is wrong with the world when idiots (pardon me) like this Lainey, whoever he/she may be, have nothing better to do than write about other people's lives, relationships, infidelities, whatever.. so it may be true.. it may not.. I don't know.. and sure, these people are celebrities and they put themselves, to some extent, out there for comment and criticism and gossip.. I don't know anything about Gwyneth Paltrow or Chris Martin (nor Kate Bosworth, for that matter...) but these two are a married couple with two young children and whatever they do or don`t do within their marriage, it is humiliating and hurtful to dissect their lives like this.. and what`s the point ? just to make people feel better about their own insecurities and dysfunction ?

I don`t mind a bit of gossip... it`s human, everyone does it.. I think the natural curiosity about other people`s lives is always there, even among celebrities.. but when it gets down to these particulars where it just seems to be so nasty and hurtful, I don`t understand it.. it makes me embarassed to live in this culture where this gossip is so much a part of our daily lives. So let`s say it`s true, and Chris Martin is having an affair, and they all admit it, and no one lies, and there isn`t a big guessing game.. then what? then we just have a group of people who are hurt and humiliated, and two young children who are going to grow up and read all these hurtful, immature things about their parents who perhaps made less than wonderful decisions sometimes.. What`s the point?

This Lainey needs to get a life and stop dissecting other people`s.... what a horrible, negative energy to be contributing to the world..

I think that along the spectrum of things that are horrible and negative in this world, what Lainey does probably doesn't even show up. Lainey feeds the machine but she didn't build it. It's you and me and everyone else.

And I don't think that any sane person actually looks at the breakup or dysfunction in the marriage of a movie star and a rock star and pats themselves on the back because their partner didn't happen to make out with Kate Bosworth backstage at a concert.

Celebrities don't put themselves out there to a "certain extent". When people go out there to achieve the level of fame and success that these two have, they've done it with at least an understanding of what it means to be under the celebrity microscope. Is it fair? Maybe not. But again, on the spectrum of relativity, the injustice of being internet gossip fodder as the price to pay for boundless wealth, entitlement, the adulation of millions etc. is probably right there next to the injustice of not having a starbucks in the lobby of the building where you work so that you need to walk a block up to the swanky law firm where they do have one.

I think that along the spectrum of things that are horrible and negative in this world, what Lainey does probably doesn't even show up.
Seriously. I would understand raging against Perez as he is a vile piece of misogynistic/homophobic garbage but Lainey? She's catty and low-brow, that's about it.
If you actually read her blog and the stands she takes on issues, her moral compass is set pretty right imo.

As for this boring rumor, if it's true, why should anyone respect the Martin marriage when Chris obviously doesn't?

I think that along the spectrum of things that are horrible and negative in this world, what Lainey does probably doesn't even show up. Lainey feeds the machine but she didn't build it. It's you and me and everyone else.

And I don't think that any sane person actually looks at the breakup or dysfunction in the marriage of a movie star and a rock star and pats themselves on the back because their partner didn't happen to make out with Kate Bosworth backstage at a concert.

Celebrities don't put themselves out there to a "certain extent". When people go out there to achieve the level of fame and success that these two have, they've done it with at least an understanding of what it means to be under the celebrity microscope. Is it fair? Maybe not. But again, on the spectrum of relativity, the injustice of being internet gossip fodder as the price to pay for boundless wealth, entitlement, the adulation of millions etc. is probably right there next to the injustice of not having a starbucks in the lobby of the building where you work so that you need to walk a block up to the swanky law firm where they do have one.

I agree with this 100%:flower:

Said it perfectly.

I read adorefaith's post a few days ago and felt completely identified with her perspective. Keep in mind that this is coming from (at least myself) someone that doesn't really read any gossip blogs or tabloids.. regardless of the amount of 'worse' or 'more bitter/destructive/vile/whatever' gossip writers, you don't have to know all of them and justify them by rating who's less damaging to know they're still pretty bitter about something that's not really related to the subject, surely they make some amount of money that demands them to be like that that but I do know that whenever I come across people like that in person, people who can articulate such hurtful commentary towards a person or the life of someone they've never even exchanged a couple words with, and done in a way that feels more like their own psychoanalytic therapy for all their frustrations, I just find them completely bizarre.. and sad.
So.. no, you don't have to go through the painful task of getting to know all high profile figures to have an opinion on the job of the ones that you have unfortunately stumbled upon. And if you can have an opinion on what carrots look worse on the supermarket and why they're even there for everyone to see, touch or mistakenly choose, I'm sure it's not that pointless to once in a while, share some thoughts on the verbal vomit that some people manage to put out there with the sole purpose of gaining fame and making money, infecting idiotic/lazy readers by claiming it's acceptable to nitpick in the lives of others just because 'it's part of X profession', like they haven't made clear already how clueless they are in their understanding of that [profession] word with a writing and subject anyone can accomplish under the right degree of idleness (same reason why good-for-nothing neighbors are always the nosy one, except they have windows instead of a computer).

A bit confused because I swear there are pictures of Kate and her mom at a Coldplay concert with Gwen and possibly her mom too in one of Kate's threads a while ago.

ehh Lainey probably hasnt said anything about a celebrity that I havent said myself, the only difference is that she gets paid to say it, more power to her I guess. I'm not going to get on my high horse when I post in the "rumour has it" forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->