Christian Dior Cruise 2024 Mexico City

Just a bunch of stiff chiffon dresses this time w mexican themed embroidery I imagine.

I just feel there are WAY too many shows. I know it is a part of marketing, but I feel having so many shows is useless. Shows used to be so special, but now the brands will release a new shirt and feel it needs a shows. Come on. Let’s find a new way to market the « off season » shows and leave the spectacle to HC and PAP ! I’m tired !!!

Lots of absolutely gorgeous clothes but I must say it's a bit boring for me.

I was expecting a little more.

7/10

a lot better than her usual fare. Lots of interesting looks mixed in with things that dont need to be shown on the runway. I liked the single poncho and wish there was more of that. The white dress with the seam across the sternum was a new proposition and it worked.

Here’s my thing … I’ve accepted that MGC is not the most adventurous or capable designer and it will take a scandal to get her out of Dior at this point and these clothes are nice enough for as wardrobe filler for a certain set, but this did NOT need a show, especially one so boring. If you are going to put on a show with boring clothes, give us a f****** show !!! She has no showmanship to be putting on this number of shows !!!

I just feel there are WAY too many shows. I know it is a part of marketing, but I feel having so many shows is useless. Shows used to be so special, but now the brands will release a new shirt and feel it needs a shows. Come on. Let’s find a new way to market the « off season » shows and leave the spectacle to HC and PAP ! I’m tired !!!
I know why they do it, but it seems so expensive. Dior, including Homme, is doing 9 to 10 shows a year:
• Men's Fall and Spring Couture in January
• Women's Fall in March
• Women's Pre-Fall in March/April
• Women's and Men's Cruise in May/June
• Men's Spring in June
• Fall Couture in July
• Women's Spring in October
• Men's Pre-Fall in December
For a good decade before Kim Jones' arrival, their yearly output was capped at 7 shows. Pre-Fall was a lookbook collection and Homme was only a biannual affair.

In comparison to LVMH houses:
• Marc Jacobs and Kenzo only do 2 shows.
• Givenchy does at least 2 to 4 shows, depending on whether shows are co-ed and if they're currently producing Couture collections.
• Celine and Loewe do 4 shows.
• Louis Vuitton usually does 5 shows.
• Fendi does 6 shows.

Even other larger luxury houses don't show half of that amount, with most houses keeping their yearly output at 2 to 3 shows with notable exceptions. The only house that does as many shows as Dior is Armani, but they're split 2-4-4 between Privé, Giorgio and Emporio. Everything else is kept for showroom appointments and lookbooks.

Yeah, Dior’s show count is excessive. That number of shows doesn’t make the label feel as prestigious or luxurious as they might think, in my book. In my opinion, it waters down everything. MGC is already one of the most consistently boring designers ever so all of these collections and shows are bleeding together. I cannot think of one look or moment that is memorable from her entire tenure. It’s really overkill to have all of these collections. There has to be a better way of operating than this !!!

Another one? Jesus, wasn’t there just a show in India a few months ago? With this kind of frivolous spending it’s no wonder why protesters stormed LVMH headquarters. What a great way to set an example for your country..

I don't know it seems like whatever they're doing, it's working for them. But I think they'd better be careful not to fly too close to the sun. They could benefit from reeling it in and using special things more sparingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->