Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 2024 Paris

I think any designer better than MGC could bring similar results to Dior's sales or even better. For MGC's mediocre vision, there are countless other bright candidates who can do it, or even surpass it. Dior is just playing it safe imo
Or even just a marginally better tailor. MGC's interpretations of 50s Dior always feel so stiff and heavy-handed. Her work looks consistently better when she pulls from 60s/70s Dior.

Oh this isn't SO bad. It's certainly true to the clientele.

I don't usually comment much about casting but this IS one of those moments where the cast could've made all the difference. Heaven knows she needs it!

I actually found this quite exquisite. The opening group of outfits appear to be made from gabardine, but look quite light. The silk shantung suits with stitching under the bra line are sensational.
I believe it's moire not shantung, it doesn't photograph well, customers may be disappointed irl.

Expand a bit more on the blue look 29 and the white 43.

That polka dotted fabric as a finale looks is horrendous, is that what you want the pinnacle of Dior to be this season? At least make the final look be dream worthy or a stunner with elements you can trickle down to RTW, a piece that is worthy of the Atelier‘s talents.

before checking out a MGC dior collection, i have to take a breath because i know without looking i won't like it. and i don't.

all of her collections - HC and RTW - are just reflections of the clientele who buys dior. they are the drab ones, tbh (and i'm lowkey shading myself, but i like some razzle dazzle in my wardrobe). she designs for profit, so naturally, her collections will be bereft anything lively or against the status quo of those who help pay her salary and maintain her relevancy, suits included. however, the separates are good, even though it's so repetitive and arguably very safe - safe to the point when it's no longer a classic, but some anonymous quotidian choice in your closet. i wish she had a stronger signature. it's all so flat.

this is the corporatization of fashion. on one hand, painful to watch, on the other, this is survivor and the way of the world. MGC is the right fit for this cycle of fashion - average, non-eventful, and conservative. it works right now for dior, but this low tier (italian), diluted version of a storied house deserves more and better that she won't deliver because she's not meant to and quite frankly, can't. it's all just so sad.

The choice of fabrics make the whole collection look like it has been made with the remnants from a clearance sale of an upholstery company.

A complete non-event. It is made well and I like the yellow/mustard but it is very musty dusty. I don't understand the point of using a moire fabric when the colours chosen for it don't highlight the moire well at all. Makes it look like a cheap satin that happens to shine with that watery effect because the weave is so poor.

Not sure if this is intentional, but there's something very Prada (the brand) about this once again. She's been on a similar wave length to recent Prada for this strange obsession with the "uniform". A bit visually oppressive, but like Valli this does have a strong selling point with their clients so who am I to really judge at the end of the day.

It's an expectable collection, at this point, and we already know what we are going to get with her couture. It clearly caters to their super-rich clients, and I'm sure this going to be another hit among them.

The only thing that I'm annoyed about her couture is her unimaginable color palette. It's always the same for her couture. It's always B&W or gold or monochrome, like girl spice up your life a little bit already.

I might be the minority but I actually like this. As a whole it looks boring due to the colours and excessive pieces but one on one there are some really chic pieces that will look great on royalty and on the red carpet during award season. Cant wait to see how the jet setters will interprete these. Not so keen on that presentation format though, she has overdone it.

I might be the minority but I actually like this. As a whole it looks boring due to the colours and excessive pieces but one on one there are some really chic pieces that will look great on royalty and on the red carpet during award season. Cant wait to see how the jet setters will interprete these. Not so keen on that presentation format though, she has overdone it.
These will definitely look better on the clients than the models.

WOW! This is aggressively ugly :shock:.

MGC's confidence while being this mediocre is astonishing. Imagine going to a top restaurant and you are served a plain cold store-bought hotdog on stale bread and then the chef proudly comes out saying "You're welcome." Well that is less audacious than MGC.

Last edited:
I don’t think this collection is ugly. It’s just… bland and the silhouettes are easily replicable if anyone wants to. The conservative-ness of this collection will fit very well into the day-to-day lives of its clients...

Pls do Gimmicks MGC, at least it's interesting. Soulless and mediocre creations from season to season at disgusting prices tag. Those fellas at Dior have gone insane.

Well i manifest for MGC to leave Dior every morning I wake up, starting from today. Everyone please participate in this activity ! Apes together strong
Hope Marc Bohan will be the longest Dior designer.

Let's be honest it's not HC it is RTW collection. She is one of the worst designer ever (same as Virginie Viard, Olivier Rousteing). Even Dsquared2 guys are better than those 3

Let's be honest it's not HC it is RTW collection. She is one of the worst designer ever (same as Virginie Viard, Olivier Rousteing). Even Dsquared2 guys are better than those 3
maria grazia chiuri is not "one of the worst designers ever". that is just a gross exaggeration. let's be real for a second; she may not be very imaginative or interesting, but she is a skilled and competent dressmaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swissmiss2000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->